Status: Active.

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Pink hair and tattoos, gotta girl full of secrets.

I was heading out to the backyard when Haley grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into the bathroom, putting a blindfold over me.

"Laney what the hell?"

"Lemme play with your hair!"

"What?! Not the hair laney pleasee!"

"It won't turn out bad, I promise."

I heard things being set on the counter and the water started running. I sighed and mentally prepared myself for what Laney was about to do.

"PINK?!" I screamed so loud everyone in the back heard me. "Laney I could fucking choke you!"

"Calm down!" She yelled back, "It's cute!"

"Whatever."

"Now, go put your bathing suit on, even though you can't swim now, you might as well anyways."

"Why-"

"Just listen to me for once!" she whined.

"whatever hoe."

I came back downstairs with my bathing suit on and my hair all blowdried out, Same style, different color. I didn't completely hate it, it wasn't all that bad.I just kinda wish I got a heads up. You know, a 'hey, I'm gonna dye your hair pink.' woulda been nice. But hey, whatever. I went out to the backyard to see Jack burning all the food.

"I told you guys you couldn't cook. And who the hell put Jack in charge of food."

The guys took sips of their beers and shrugged.

"Men." I muttered.

"Wait.." Zack said slowly. "You know how to grill?"

"Duh."

"And you have a tattoo!"

"uh huh."

"Where the hell did that come from?!"

"It's been there for three years.." I said awkwardly as they stared at the tattoo, even Laney did.

"You don't tell me anything!" She whined.

"Aw boo, I'm sorry."

"Whatever hoe." She mocked.

"Alex why do you get all the good ones." Jack whined. "She knows how to grilland has a tattoo."

"I guess I'm just lucky." he sighed, kissing my shoulder wrapping his arms around me as I attempted to save what was left of these burgers.

"Fuck 'em." I threw the burgers in the trash and put some hot dogs on the grill while Laney and Jack were chicken fighten in the pool on Rian and Zack's shoulders.

"So.. what aren't you good at?"

"Holding onto people." I said truthfully.

I could tell he was looking at me, wanting me to explain further.

"I don't know, I have a hard time with people. I shut them out and push them away while they're holding on, and eventually they give up and let me go. Or I do open my heart and let them in, but it's too much for them, and they let me go, while I'm holding on."

"Well," Alex sighed. "I'll never let you go, I promise."

"Anymore tattoos I should know about?" He asked playfully but I lifted my wrist to his face to show free. written in cursive letters in permanent ink on my wrist.

"Hm, just full of secrets huh?" He smirked, putting his hands on hips, tracing his finger aroundmy bird tattoo.

"Uh huh." I whispered as he pressed his lips to mine.

"CAN YOU GUYS NOT HAVE SEX NEAR OUR FOOD!" Jack screamed.

I giggled and turned back to the food while Alex went inside to pee.

"Hot dogs are done!" I yelled happily, even though I wasn'thungryI was proud of myself, I hadn't grilled in forever.

I burped and grabbed a can of beer in accomplishment, feeling the buzz and sighing. Alex told me he wasn't going to let me go, but I hope I won't push him away first.