Status: Active.

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Birthday Surprises and new love.

Haley sat on the bleachers in PE hugging her arms around her body out of habit, considering it's a free day she didn't really need to do much but show up and that's exactly what she did while Alex and Laney were across the gym, surely out of hearing range of Haley talking.

"Alex I don't know what you have up your sleeve but..." Laney sighed and looked over at Haley. "It is her birthday, and that shell she is in is killing me cause i know she's not ever like that. So yeah, I guess I'll get her there."

"Thank you thank you thank you." Alex hugged Laney while she awkwardly stood there.

"Yeah, uh huh." She pryed Alex's arms off of her body and walked over to Haley.

She stopped short then turned back around to Alex. "I need the tickets, idiot."

"Why?"

"'Cause.. I don't know. So she believes me?"

He put two tickets smoothly in Laneys hand and Laney started making her way back across the football feild to Haley who was sitting peacefully in the bleachers tapping her fingers on her knees to the beat of an awkward song or something. Laney was too lazy to go all the way up the bleachers so she yelled out Haley's name and motioned for her to come down.

Haley took small steps and Laney felt like she didn't even know who she was looking at, her sister had turned into this timid girl she didn't recognize. Whatever plan alex was trying better fucking work, she thought.

"Yeah?" Haley said in barely a whisper.

"Happy birthday, let's go."

"Wait, what?"

"I said let's go, get outta here."

"You wanna skip school?"

"Oh please Haley, don't play innocent, we used to always skip and you know it."

"alright fine, but where are we going?"

"A secret place!" Laney took Haleys hand and they snuck through the bleachers to the locker rooms and out to the hallway so Ms. Bell didn't see either of them. They grabbed their bags and rushed out to Laney's car so no other teachers caught them and hurried to the so called 'secret place' Laney was taking Haley.

Haley played with the ends of her thumbs nervously sighing. They pulled up to a music venue and saw Adele, one night only. In big block letters. Haley let out a gasp, she loved Adele and Laney knew it.

"Laney you didn't-"

"You're right, I didn't."

"Then who-"

"Shut up and get out of the car" laney laughed at her shock.

Once they finally got in the venue Haley let out a small sigh while they set up the stage and felt impatient.

Laney linked her hands with Haleys and smiled, turning Laney in alex's direction. He had a sloppy crooked grin on his face.

"Wait a minute,youdid this?"

"Yupp."

Haley unwrapped her fingers from Laney's and wrapped Alex in the tightest hug possible.

He couldnt help but smile. "happy birthday"

"Thanks." She smiles shyly

Once the show started everything quited and slowed down.

"Okay, this next song my dear cousin of mine wanted to dedicate to a girl he's liked for a while now so, Alex, I don't know where you are but.. well, yeah."

Haley turned to alex her eyebrows knitted together.

"You've been on my mind
I grow fonder every day,
lose myself in time just thinking of your face
God only knows why it's taking me so long
to let my doubts go
You're the only one that I want"

Haley looked at Laney who was looking at alex with a smile on her face and a look in her eyes that saidthis was your plan?

"I don't know why I'm scared, I've been here before
Every feeling, every word, I've imagined it all,
You never know if you never try to forget your past
And simply be mine"

Alex turned to Haley and looked at her, not saying a word, letting the song speak for him.

"I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
Promise I'm worth it to hold in your arms
So come on and give me the chance
To prove that I'm the one who can
Walk that mile
Until the end starts"

Haley tried to focus on her shoes but it was impossible, this guy was fucking perfect.

"Have I been on your mind?
You hang on every word I say, lose yourself in time
At the mention of my name, will I ever know
How it feels to hold you close?
And have you tell me
which ever road I chose you'll go

I don't know why I'm scared, I've been here before
Every feeling every word, I've imagined it all,
You never know if you never tried to forgive your past
And simply be mine

I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
I promise I'm worthy to hold in your arms
So come on and give me the chance
To prove that I'm the one who can
Walk that mile
Until the end starts

I know it ain't easy
Giving up your heart

I know it ain't easy
Giving up your heart

(Nobody's perfect, trust me I've earned it)
I know it ain't easy, giving up your heart
(Nobody's perfect, trust me I've earned it)
I know it ain't easy, giving up your heart

I know it ain't easy
Giving up your heart

I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
I promise I'm worth it to hold in your arms
So come on and give me the chance

To prove I'm the one who can
Walk that mile until the end starts
Come and give me the chance
To prove that I'm the one who can
Walk that mile until the end starts."

Haley sighed and felt like she didn't care anymore. This wall she was trying to build was ridiculous. She looked up at Alex briefly. I won't know if I don't try,She thought. And that line went through her head the whole time as she leaned up on her toes and pressed her lips firmly to alex's.