Status: In Progress.

A New Life I Have Found

My Kind of Place

"Where the hell is he at?" Bam asked for the hundredth time while pacing.

We had been sitting outside the airport for over half an hour and Knoxville was still a no show. Bam was becoming impatient and I was becoming bored. There was nothing else for me to do than to sit on the bench and watch Bam pace.

"He said he would be here by the time we got here," Bam bitched some more.

Finally, after several more minutes of listening to Bam mumble profanities, a car pulled up and stopped in front of us.

"Fuckin' finally!" Bam yelled as he threw his hands in the air, which recieved some glares from people.

Johnny stepped out of the car and came up to us. He was wearing his signature Converse, Dickies pants, aviators, and a red shirt.

"Dude, where the fuck were you?" Bam asked him.

"Nice to see you, too, Bam," Johnny said sarcastically.

"You remember Tori, right?" Bam asked pointing to me.

Johnny looked over at me and I began feeling self concious. Surprisingly, he didn't say anything about my face.

"Yeah, we didn't really get to know each other, though. Nice to see you, Tori. Glad you and Bammy came to visit."

"Nice to see you, too," I said relieved while getting up and getting my bags.

"I can get those," he said grabbing them.

"Thanks," I said politely.

"I am a gentleman after all," he said and I thought I seen him wink.

I made my way to the car while they loaded the bags into the trunk. I opened one of the backdoors and got in. The guys soon followed and we were on our way to Johnny's house.

"Anything you guys want to do?" Johnny asked us.

"Sleep," Bam and I said in unison.

"Well, I guess that works," Johnny said.

Bam and Johnny began their own conversation while I remained quiet in the back watching the scenery that passed by. California was a beautiful place. I had never been before then. I had always wanted to visit, though. It just seemed like my kind of place.

"Tori!" I heard Bam yell.

"What?" I asked shaking my head of my thoughts.

"I asked if you wanted to eat anywhere before we went to his house," Bam said.

"No, I'm just really ready to rest," I said tiredly. "That nap on the plane didn't really help me out."

"At least you got a nap," Bam said.

"You're such a baby sometimes," I said shaking my head.

"You're the baby," Bam mumbled.

"You two act like children," Johnny said amused.

"You would know," Bam and I said at the same time.

Several minutes later, we arrived at Johnny's house. It was a beautiful white house with tall trees surrounding it.

"Wow," I said amazed. "This is beautiful."

"Thanks," Johnny said. "I bought it about 7 months ago after my divorce."

We parked in the garage and we all got out of the car and retrieved the luggage. Johnny wouldn't even let me touch mine. He unlocked the door that was inside of the garage and we all stepped through it entering the kitchen. The walls were painted red and it had an island in the middle of it. There was a breakfast bar with chairs aligning it and a small table in the corner.

"Well, this is the kitchen as you can see," Johnny said. "Help yourselves to anything. Bam does anyways."

They both walked out and I followed entering the huge living room. There was a flat screen hanging on the wall in the middle of it. The walls were painted white with various pictures hanging up, but one stood out the most.

"Willie Nelson?" I asked. "Seriously?"

"Hey, don't go dissing Willie," Johnny said defensively.

"I didn't say anything," I said holding my hands up.

"He takes offense to that kind of stuff," Bam mumbled to me as we walked to the stairs.

"I didn't mean any harm," I mumbled back.

"Bam, this is your room," Johnny said pointing to one of the doors.

Bam put down one of his bags and saluted us before entering his room.

"Tori, this one is yours," he said directing us to the door across from it.

I opened the door, seeing as how Johnny's hands were full, and was amazed by what I found. The room was painted a light gray with various posters hanging around. Most of them being Jackass posters. All the furniture in the room was black and the bed was huge with a white comforter adorning it. I noticed there was a door leading out to the balcony.

"The closet's right there and the bathroom's over there," he said pointing the doors out. "I put fresh towels in there so you should be all set."

"Thank you," I said. "This all looks wonderful."

"No problem," he said. "I'll just leave you alone now to do whatever. If you need anything, don't heitate to ask."

I nodded and watched as he left. As soon as he closed the door, I kicked my shoes off and jumped onto the bed. It was as comfy as it looked. I threw my sunglasses off and sighed. It really was a nice home.

I didn't feel like unpacking yet so I got a pair of pajamas from my suitcase and went into the bathroom to take a shower. I was ready for some hardcore sleeping.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the update. I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far. I want to thank everyone who has read and subscribed. Makes me happy :). Comment and let me know what you think.