Sequel: Picking Up the Pieces

Bringing the Devil Out of Me

Fourteen

I sat on the couch, curled up against Sidney's chest, when Marc-Andre and Evgeni walked into the apartment. I hardly looked up from the TV; Sidney and I were engulfed in a special on the Philadelphia Phillies when the others walked in. Sidney's right arm was draped casually around my waist, his left arm was resting on the arm of the couch, and his right leg was perched up on the couch while I saw between his legs and had my own legs tucked beneath his right one. Marc looked extremely confused, as if someone had smacked him with something heavy on the back of the head, while Evgeni just stared.

"Hey guys," Sidney said calmly, not looking up from the TV.

"Sid...Alice..." Evgeni said.

"When the hell did this happen?" Marc asked suddenly. I looked up at him again and smiled.

"We had a nice...talk...today during my lunch break," I said.

"You two...are dating then?" Evgeni asked, his Russian accent even thicker because he was slightly confused.

"I don't know...are we Alice?" Sidney asked, looking down at me. I raised my eyebrows.

"Um...well you never exactly asked me," I said quietly.

"Okay...well I'm asking you now. Are we?" Sidney said.

"Yeah," I smiled, snuggling deeper into his chest.

"You two better not have sex on my couch. I'm going to make dinner..." Marc sighed, walking into the kitchen. Evgeni snickered and followed him into the kitchen.

"What the hell?" I asked, looking at Sidney, who was also rolling with silent laughter.

"Well...Max used to live here, but then Marc walked in on Max and his booty call one day...well let's just say that Marc doesn't appreciate having stilettos thrown at him, and Max doesn't appreciate being cock-blocked," Sidney chuckled quietly. I slapped my palm to my face and shook my head.

"That's disturbing," I mumbled.

"Yeah, but that's just how Max is sometimes," Sidney shrugged. I laughed and shook my head again. I had picked up from the past few parties and such that Max was a bit of a gigilo.

"Is he the only one who's like that?" I asked. Sidney sighed.

"No...most of the guys are like that until they get married or whatever. It's just a kind of...initiation I guess?" Sidney said quietly. I bit my lip.

"Are you like that?" I asked.

"Me? No. I've been so focused on my hockey that I haven't really had time to pick up random sluts to sleep around with," Sidney said, half joking.

"Why do I feel like there's something you aren't telling me?" I asked, seeing a very pained look in his eyes.

"Look...we just started dating five seconds ago, and honestly...I don't know you that well so don't take this the wrong way, but I don't really want to tell you just yet," Sidney said, a little hint of anger in his voice. I immediately snapped my attention back to the TV, afraid that I would ruin what had just started because of my insatiable curiosity. After a few moments I felt Sidney brush my hair back and press his lips gently against my neck. I shuddered, and then let my eyes slip shut. Oh dammit! He found out my weakness already?! Not cool. You know, screw it...very cool. I thought as Sidney grinned victoriously against my neck and began to gently kiss the small of my neck. I melted into his chest, going limp. Neck kissing was my greatest turn on, and Sidney had just discovered it. His teeth gently rubbed against my skin and I squirmed a bit before slipping out of his grasp and staring him down.

"What?" He asked. His voice had the tone of someone who felt as if they had just done something wrong. I grinned wickedly and turned slightly so that I could wrap my arms around his neck. I pulled him towards me and kissed him roughly. He grunted in surprise and then kissed me back. Suddenly I heard Marc cough from the kitchen and Evgeni beamed a dish towel at Sidney's head.

"If you're going to do that, please go somewhere else!" Marc whined.

"Somebody is obviously jealous that he doesn't get to make out with you Sid," I smirked before standing up.

"Where are you going?" Sidney asked, grabbing my hand. I glanced at Marc, who glared at me for the comment I had just made, while Geno began to crack up.

"Somewhere else," I said, leading Sidney to my room.

"Um..." Sidney said as I kicked the door shut. I leaped into my bed and stared up at the ceiling, waiting for him to take then hint that I wanted him next to me.

"Are you going to lay down or what? I'm not going to molest you!" I sighed after a few moments of awkward silence. Sidney opened his mouth to say something, but snapped it shut and hesitantly sat down on the opposite side of the bed. I rolled my eyes, sat up, and grabbed his arm, pulling him towards me. He fell backward, his head landing in my lap.

"Hi..." he said, blushing furiously. I smiled gently and bent down, kissing his forehead.

"Hey there," I said, my hair brushing against his face slightly. I tucked it behind my ears and sat up again, running my hand through his thick, curly hair. He let out a contented sigh, scooted up onto the bed so that his legs weren't hanging off, and let his eyes close.

"You like when people play with your hair, don't you?" I asked after a few minutes.

"Kinda. It's relaxing," he muttered. If he was a cat, he'd be purring right now. I continued to run my left hand through his hair, while my right hand sought his. He lifted his arm up and allowed me to lace my fingers through his. His hand was so much larger than mine, and his rough fingers easily dwarfed mine. He slid his thumb up and down the side of my hand and a few minutes later he started to snore quietly.