Sequel: Picking Up the Pieces

Bringing the Devil Out of Me

Twenty Five

"WHY THE HELL IS THERE SUCH A MESS IN THE KITCHEN!?" Marc yelled. I groaned and rolled out of the bed and onto the floor. I heard Sidney sigh, and a smile spread across my face. For once, he had stayed the entire night.

"We wanted a midnight snack Flowers, chill," I called. Marc slammed the door open.

"Please tell me he's wearing pants," he said as he saw Sidney laying in the bed. He flung his arm across his eyes.

"I'm wearing pants Flowers...and no, we didn't have sex so shut up," Sidney grumbled before pulling my pillow over his head.

"Well it's good to know that I'm not the only one not getting laid...now go clean up my kitchen before I murder you," Marc said, folding his arms across his chest.

"Someone is touchy this morning," I said with a smirk as I sauntered out of the bedroom.

"WHY AREN'T YOU WEARING PANTS?!" Marc screamed before running back into his room and slamming the door shut. Sidney let out a roaring laugh.

"THEY'RE SHORTS YOU DUMBASS!" I yelled back before walking into the kitchen to clean up.

"Hey Alice...?" Sidney called from the bedroom.

"What?" I called back.

"Can you get me a drink?" he asked.

"What do you want? Juice? Water?" I asked.

"Can you repeat the last one?" he asked.

"Water," I said. I heard his giggle all the way from the kitchen and frowned.

"Alright Captain Fatass, get in here and get your own drink," I scowled.

"I'm sorry, but 'wooder'? Really? You sound ridiculous," he laughed.

"I'm dead serious. Get your own drink," I growled. I heard him slip out of the bed and ignored him as he padded into the kitchen. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck.

"I know what will make you less mad at me," he said in a singsongy voice.

"What?" I asked, scrubbing a dish with a sponge in the sink.

"Halo. Lots and lots of Halo," he grinned. I put the dish in the sink, and turned around in his arms. I ran my hands up his arms, placed them on his shoulders, stared him straight in the eyes and smiled.

"I could do that," I grinned. He kissed me and let out another giggle.
"I have the coolest girlfriend ever," he cried as he ran into the living room to turn on the Xbox.
___________________________________________________________________________________

That night I found myself in the press box as usual, watching the Penguins take on the Rangers. I secretly wanted Sidney to destroy the Rangers, but I blamed it both on the fact that Sidney was a lot sexier and more fun to hang out with when he won, and my burning hatred for the Rangers. I eventually got my wish, as Sidney scored a hat trick, and the Penguins won the game 7-0. I went through the ropes, interviewing several of the guys (Sidney included, of course), but I was shocked when Sidney grabbed me in front of several other reporters and kissed me as if we were at home and Marc wasn't there. A few of the guys wolf whistled, and I heard Matt yell "GET IT SID!" in the background. I immediately found 14 or so microphones and tape recorders shoved in my face.

"Sidney, you are so dead when we escape this," I muttered before turning to answer the barrage of questions that were being practically shouted at me.