Sequel: Picking Up the Pieces

Bringing the Devil Out of Me

Twenty Seven

"Uhn, I like it like that, she workin' that back, I don' know how to act. Slow motion for me, slow motion for me, slow motion for me," Sidney sang, rocking back and forth on the balance ball in his garage.

"Please tell me you're joking," I laughed, leaning against the door way. He let out a yell, and toppled to the ground.

"What the hell?!" he cried, slapping the radio to his right off.

"Nice singing there babe. I came to see how Annabeth was doing, but she's not here, so I figured I'd come find you," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Annabeth moved out yesterday," Sidney said, picking himself off of the floor.

"How come nobody told me?!" I cried.

"I don't know, just didn't think of it I guess. Maxie has been really good to her, so she decided it was time to move in," Sidney explained. I nodded.

"I'm glad they're getting along well," I said.

"Well, they really liked each other before all of this, and Max is very serious about this whole dad business, so they're making it work," Sid said, picking up the balance ball and stowing it in a closet.

"So why don't you park in the garage and work out in the basement?" I asked, glancing around. There was a treadmill, a bike, various sets of weights, and some other random exercise equipment filling the garage.

"Because my basement is party central, duh," Sidney laughed, pulling open the fridge and taking out a bottle of water.

"Party central? You haven't had a single party here since we started dating and it's been almost 5 months," I said, shaking my head.

"Well Annabeth has been here for a while, and I didn't want to have a party with her around," Sidney shrugged, wiping his face off with a towel. I could tell that he had been working out for a while; his hair was plastered to his head with sweat.

"That makes sense," I said, taking the towel from him.

"Hey!" he said, grabbing for it. I dodged and stuck out my tongue.

"Go shower, you smell. I'll plan something fun while you shower," I said. He glared at me.

"I do not smell," he said.

"Just do it!" I barked. He rolled his eyes and sauntered off into the house. I snapped the towel against his butt.

"I'm going, I'm going!" he sighed, picking up the pace.

By the time Sidney came downstairs again, I had put on my hat, coat, gloves, and boots, and had piled his stuff next to the door.

"So where are we going?" he asked. I smirked.

"You'll see!" I said before running out the door and into the snow. I immediately dove into the fluffy white stuff, laughing like a little kid. He tugged on his boots and walked outside, slipping on his coat as he did so.

"Why are you rolling around in the snow?" he asked.

"Why aren't you?!" I asked, tossing a snowball at him. He quickly dodged it, made his own, and tossed it at me. It caught me in the chest and I flopped backwards, making a "BLEHH" noise as I went down.

"Got ch'a!" he laughed, running and flopping into the snow next to me.

"No fair, you're Canadian!" I cried, slamming a handful of snow into his face.

"Ahhh!" he cried, immediately wiping off his face. His cheeks were flushed bright red, as well as the tip of his nose, and snowflakes clung to his eyelashes.

"Got ch'a!" I teased, mimicking his voice. He stood up, bent over, and threw me over his shoulder. I screamed and began to flail.

"Put me down Sid! Where are you taking me?!" I cried as he started walking around the house. He dumped me in the snow after opening the gate to his back yard.

"I figured this would be better in a more...private area," he growled before tackling me into a snowbank and kissing me roughly. I felt my eyebrows perk up in surprise. Damn, he's usually not this sexy. He pinned me to the ground, the kiss getting heavier by the second. My gloved hands made their way to the back of his neck, and our coats swished slightly as he picked me up and put me in his lap.

"Damn Sid, what's gotten into you?" I asked as we finally broke apart. His eyes were burning.

"I never told you that I love girls in snow gear, did I? I guess it's a Canadian thing," he said gruffly before kissing me again.

Some how, we made our way from the backyard to his living room, but as I shedded my coat and snow pants he grabbed my hands.

"Don't take off the hat," he ordered. I raised my eyebrows.

"I love toques. They're hot," he said. I laughed and he tossed me onto his couch before crouching over me and kissing me again. I grinned against his lips as he let me peel off his shirt. Damn, that chest! His hands made their way up my shirt, and I eventually found myself topless as well. His skin was warm against mine, and it felt so right. His hands wandered up and down my torso, and as things started to get a little more interesting he froze.

"Alice...if I stop now, are you going to be mad at me?" he asked suddenly. My head was fuzzy, but I shook it.

"No...but can I ask why?"

"I am thoroughly enjoying this...but if it gets much further I'm going to wind up having sex with you...and I...I just..." he started saying, his cheeks flushing in embarrassment.

"You're not ready?...I'm not either. Quite honestly, even if I was ready, I wouldn't. I was brought up with the no sex before marriage thing, and it just...the reasoning behind it makes sense for me," I explained before kissing his forehead gently. He smiled in relief.

"So you're not the only one?" he asked. I shook my head and found my shirt.

"Can you leave your shirt off?" I asked as he reached down to pick up his black tee.

"What? Why?" he asked.

"Because you have the sexiest chest ever!" I laughed, pushing him over and kissing him gently.