Sequel: Picking Up the Pieces

Bringing the Devil Out of Me

Thirty

"CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS! GET UP, GET UP, GET UP!" Alice cried, jumping onto my bed. I jolted awake and smiled.

"Hey...could I have a present before I get up?" I asked.

"That depends on what you want," she said.

"I want you to cuddle with me for at least ten minutes," I said, blushing furiously, but she obliged, crawled under the covers, and snuggled into my chest.

"Hey Sid?" she asked.

"Yeah?"

"This is the happiest Christmas I've ever had with a boyfriend," she smiled.

"I've never had a girlfriend on Christmas before," I admitted before kissing her gently.

"Sid where the heck did you get these ornaments? They're awesome!" I asked, gently turning each ornament. There was an ornament for every single NHL team, gleaming bronze and silver maple leaves, glimmering snowflakes, a pair of hockey skates, and ornate blue and gold birds, among other things. White lights twinkled against the boughs of the tree as well.

"My family sends me an ornament every year, and they have a matching one on their tree," Sidney explained, laying a finger on a particularly large golden maple leaf.

"That's really cool," I smiled.

"They gave me this one before the Olympics...it's the only gold one on the tree," he muttered with a grin.

"How'd they know to get you the gold?" I asked.
"They believed in me," he smiled. I bent down and picked up the large box I had brought for him, which was wrapped in green and silver wrapping paper. He raised his eyebrows but picked up a large red box from beneath the tree.

"You first!" I said, shoving the box at him. He placed the box he was holding on the coffee table, took the box from me, sat on the couch, and patted the gray cushion next to him. I flounced onto the couch and smiled excitedly at him. He tore the paper off of the box and tossed the box lid aside quickly. Definitely Sid the Kid. He pulled out a stack of CDs that I had tied together with a ribbon first.

"CDs?" he asked.
"You need some different music Sid...your playlist is a little outdated," I laughed.

"How do you-?!" he started.

"I looked through your iPod," I smirked. He untied the ribbon and began to glance through the CDs.

"Eminem...Usher...Kesha?" he asked, holding up the CD.

"For cardio? I don't know...she's just fun to listen to," I said, shrugging. He put the CDs aside and took out the next gift, a copy of Dragon Age 2.

"Oh sweet! I really wanted this too!" he said happily. I nodded and motioned for him to continue through the box.

"Okay, no offense...but these are the ugliest socks I've ever seen!" Sidney said, pulling a hideous pair of red and green Christmas socks from the box. I began to laugh.

"It's a family tradition for me...we always buy each other really ugly socks as a joke. I figured you'd appreciate that," I giggled. He shook his head and smiled as well before pulling out a nice gray sweatshirt with a fleecy hood.

"I will be stealing that by the way," I said as he zipped it up.

"If you want it, why did you give it to me?" he laughed.

"Because it wouldn't be as fun if it wasn't yours...and it wouldn't smell like you. Duh," I said.

"Okay, your turn!" he said, placing the large box onto my lap. I tore at the red paper, and tossed the box lid onto the floor, realizing that I was a hypocrite when it came to Christmas. I pulled a gorgeous green and silver toque out of the box and smiled.

"Sid this is the most bangin' hat I've ever seen!" I said, pulling it on immediately.

"I figured it would look nice because your hair is red," he said, staring at me.

"...that and you have a huge toque fetish," I laughed before reaching into the box again. My hands found a small, velvety box next. Oh God, jewelry? Again? He spoils me. I opened the box and saw a locket hanging on a delicate chain. The locket was a silver heart with rubies around the edges of it. I rested my finger on it and felt my jaw drop slightly.

"Sid, this is beautiful!" I said. He smiled.

"I was hoping you'd like it. Turn it over," he said. I turned the locket over and engraved on the back were the words Simply meant to be. I blushed furiously.

"How did you know that the Nightmare Before Christmas was my favorite movie?" I asked.

"Marc told me. He said that you had a Jack Skellington pillow in your room, and I noticed the little Zero stuffie when I slept over last time," Sidney shrugged. I took the locket out of the box and put it on immediately before reaching into the larger box and pulling out a single CD.

"We both did CDs?" I asked.

"I know it's cheesy as hell, but that's a mixed CD," Sidney said, turning bright red. I smiled, kissed his nose, and then pulled the last object out of the box. It was a Penguins jersey.

"You didn't..." I said slowly, turning it around. The sleeves fell away from the back as the jersey unfolded, and revealed the number 87 on the back.

"It might be egotistical, but I don't want you wearing anyone's number but mine. You're my girl, and I want everyone to know it," he said, sitting up a little straighter.

"What about my Brodeur jersey?" I asked. He sighed.

"That's the only exception, and it's only when the Devils are in town...or we're in Newark. Other than that, you're mine," he smiled before moving over and kissing me roughly.

"I knew I should have taken this hat off," I smirked before wrapping my hands in his hair and kissing him back.