Sequel: Picking Up the Pieces

Bringing the Devil Out of Me

Thirty Three

"Alice!" my mom cried, running and hugging me tightly as Sidney and I walked out of the airport terminal.

"Hey mom!" I smiled, hugging her back. She was only a little bit taller than me, and her short brown hair was highlighted nicely as usual, and gently brushed her thin face.

"Hey hun!" my dad said, pulling me into a hug as soon as my mom let go. I hugged him as well. He was tall, with black hair that was streaked with gray, and smiling brown eyes.

"Mom...Dad...This is Sidney. Sidney, these are my parents," I said, pulling Sidney over to us.

"Mr. and Mrs. Parker...it's nice to meet you," he said, holding out his good hand. My dad shook his hand firmly, and my mom shook it as well.

"Please, call me Anne," my mom said.
"Jefferey," my father said.

"Your parents are really nice," Sidney said that night, unpacking his suitcase and putting his clothes in the white dresser drawer.

"Thanks," I said, placing my own clothes into the drawer next to the one he was putting his clothes in.

"So this was your room huh?" Sidney asked, glancing around.

"Yeah...well, what's left of it anyway," I laughed. The walls were lime green, with black stars making a border along the top of the room.

"It's nice...I'm not surprised about the glitter by the way," Sidney laughed, examining the paint more closely.

"Hey, I was seventeen. Besides, girls like glitter!" I said. Sidney laughed and placed his hands on my hips. He kissed me, and pushed me back into the bed. My knees buckled as they hit the mattress and I found myself sitting. For the first time in days, he allowed his tongue to slide between our lips. I grinned as I twined my hands through his hair. Wow, I've seen him every day for the past week and it feels like its been months since we made out. I missed this. He pressed himself against me, and as I breathed in, I drowned in his scent. It was sexy and sweet, and something that no cologne could recreate (I had tried spraying his on my sweatshirt once, but it wasn't the same). He let a moan escape his throat, and I raised my eyebrows in surprise. He pushed me further back until I was sprawled beneath him on the bed. He held himself up on his good arm, and the fingers of his broken hand found their way into my hair. Suddenly he broke away and stared me in the eyes.

"I love you," he said hoarsely.

"I love you too," I said.

"No, you don't get it. I mean, I love you love you. Everything is right when it's just us...when I'm with you everything seems to fix itself. This is the first time in days I haven't been pissed off about my arm, or miserable because Marc comes home all happy from practice and I can't go...Alice, you're everything to me. I don't need hockey as long as I have you, and it's taken this to make me realize it," he said. His voice was husky, but his eyes were so happy that I felt myself crying. I pulled him down and hugged him. For once in my life, words failed me.

"Sid...I love you too," I whispered into his ear.