Sequel: Picking Up the Pieces

Bringing the Devil Out of Me

Thirty Four

Sidney shifted uncomfortably in his seat at dinner. My dad was giving him the death stare, and didn't stop until I kicked him under the table.

"What?!" he cried. I simply glared at him. Sidney licked his lips and stared at his plate.

"Um...Mr. Parker...is there something I've done wrong?" Sidney asked quietly. My mom and I sighed at the same time.

"...You're Sidney Crosby," my dad said sternly.

"Yeah...Alice introduced me earlier," Sidney said, still staring at his vegetables.

"She introduced you as Sidney, not Sidney Crosby," my dad said, his voice still flat.

"Sir, do you have a problem with who I am?" Sidney asked, a spark suddenly flaring in his eyes.

"Yes, and no. I don't have a problem with you at this current moment, but I do have a bit of a grudge against you," my father said.

"Dad I thought you promised to not do this," I said. My dad and Sidney both stared at me for a minute.

"Do what?" Sidney asked. I let out an agitated growl.

"My dad is a Flyers fan. A very hardcore Flyers fan. My mom too, although she's less of a psycho than my dad," I snarled before standing up, tossing my plate in the sink a little too roughly, and storming upstairs. I heard my mom stand up and begin to clear the broken dish out of the sink, and my dad sighed.

"I'm sorry..." he muttered.

"It's fine," Sidney laughed.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yeah. I'm kind of used to it, and I guess if Alice didn't warn you, you were surprised," Sidney chuckled. I flopped into my bed and screamed into the pillow. I didn't move when the door opened, but I let a slight smile form as I felt Sidney's hand run up my back.

"Alice your dad feels bad...go talk to him," Sidney whispered into my ear.

"I don't want to," I muttered into the pillow.

"Alice...put on your big girl panties and go talk to him," Sidney said.

"Yes master," I growled before sitting up. Sidney had a wide smile on his face, and he kissed the tip of my nose.

"Don't get pissy with me! If anything, I'm the victim here," Sidney said. Oh, I'll make you a victim alright.