Sequel: Picking Up the Pieces

Bringing the Devil Out of Me

Forty

"Sid...babe, wake up." Alice said, rocking me gently. I groaned and my back cracked as I sat up straight. I had fallen asleep on the couch, and my eyes felt like sandpaper.

"What's up?" I mumbled, running a hand through my tangled hair.

"I just got a call from Max. He went to go see Marc this afternoon." Alice said quietly. I felt my heart skip a beat and I took a deep, shuddering breath.

"And?" I asked.

"He's been asking for you. He said a visit from his 'petit chou chou' would make him feel a hell of a lot better." Alice smiled.

"Wait, he called me his 'petit chou chou'?" I asked.

"Yep." She said, her smile widening.

"Then he can't be brain damaged...shit, what am I doing?! I'll jump in the shower and then we can go see him. It's only...4 o'clock. Visiting hours are until 8, right?" I asked, leaping off of the couch.

"Yeah. He got moved from the ICU this morning, so 8 would be correct." Alice said. The shower helped my aching back feel a bit better, and I relaxed slightly as I scrubbed myself clean. Once I got out of the shower I slipped on my dirty clothes and walked into Alice's room. Ordinarily wearing my grungy yesterday clothes would bother me, but I didn't give a damn right now. Alice was on her bed, brushing her hair idly. I crawled up behind her and kissed her exposed neck lightly.

"Are you wearing your nasty ass clothes from yesterday?" She asked, turning to look at me.

"What do you want me to wear?" I asked. She chuckled and opened her closet before tossing a black Penguins tee at me.

"Hey, isn't this mine?" I asked, holding it up.

"Yeah. I kind of stole it a while ago." She said, smiling wryly.

"Figures." I smirked before peeling off my shirt and slipping the black tee over my head.
"Alright, I can't do much about the pants..." She said. I thought about it for a minute before walking into Marc's room. I rummaged through his drawers and eventually pulled out a pair of black sweatpants.

"Did you seriously steal Marc's sweatpants?" Alice laughed.

"Well there is no way his jeans would fit me." I said.

"True, your ass would destroy them." She smirked.

"HE'S TALLER THAN ME TOO YOU KNOW! DON'T MAKE EVERYTHING ABOUT MY ASS, GOD!" I cried, faking anger. She laughed and then kissed my cheek.

"Let's go visit him. I think just knowing that he's okay makes you feel better." She smiled.
"You've got that right." I sighed.
_______________________________________________________________________

"MON PETIT CHOU CHOU!" Marc cried as we walked into the room. He still looked as shitty as he did the night before, but his eyes were a little less swollen.

"Flower! Mon amour!" Sidney said, running over to the bed and hugging Marc as best he could.

"You came to see me! I was afraid you wouldn't!" Marc said. Sidney rolled his eyes.

"What makes you think you could keep me away?" Sidney asked.

"I don't know, I was afraid that my ugly face was keeping you away." Marc smiled, revealing a missing tooth.

"Marc-Andre Fleury, you will always be beautiful in my eyes." Sidney said. I began to crack up.

"You guys...have the most obscene bromance ever. Where is Geno when you need him?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, where is my DLR?" Marc asked.

"DLR?" I asked.

"Dear little Russian." They said in unison.

"You guys are weirdos." I said, shaking my head.

"We know." Sidney grinned.

"That's why you love us!" Marc chimed in.

Sidney was in a much better mood when we returned to the apartment. He immediately flounced into the kitchen and grabbed some food, which was a good sign. At least Marc is healthy...now Sidney can relax.

"Alice, you know I wouldn't have gone to see him if it weren't for you, right?" Sidney asked.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I wouldn't have had the courage. I was so afraid to see him...but when I finally did I realized that even though he's banged up, he's still him and he's gonna be okay." Sidney said happily.

"I told you." I said.

"I know, and that's exactly why I said it." Sidney grinned before pulling me towards him. He rested his hands on my hips and stared at me lovingly.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you want kids?" He asked. I felt the color drain from my face.

"What?" I asked.

"When we're married...do you want kids? I was just thinking of how awesome it would be to have our kids call Marc Uncle Flower...I mean, I don't have a brother." Sidney smiled. I felt my eyes widen in surprise.

"Um...I guess...I mean, we're not even married yet...we haven't even picked a date...and you...I..." I sputtered.

"Too soon?" He asked, his smile fading slightly.

"It's not too soon...I was just caught off guard. I mean, you were depressed like 8 hours ago and now you want kids. It's just surprising..." I said quietly.

"Yeah, I figured. You know I love you though, right?" He asked.

"Yes. I love you too." I said, kissing him on the cheek.