Sequel: Picking Up the Pieces

Bringing the Devil Out of Me

Seven

yawned and glanced at the clock before allowing a smile to creep across my lips. 12:04 PM. I had gotten to sleep in for once, and I stretched luxuriously before slipping out of bed and into the hallway. I walked into the bathroom, and hopped into the shower. The steaming hot water rolled down my body and I sighed happily.

When I was finally done showering and drying my hair, it was almost 1 o'clock. I walked into the kitchen in a tight black v-neck tee, skinny jeans and my socks and let out a surprised yelp when I walked straight into Sidney.

"Morning sleeping beauty," he smirked, turning around. I raised my eyebrows.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. Marc peeked out around the half wall separating the kitchen from the dining room and smiled.

"What, am I not allowed to have friends over?" he asked before disappearing back behind the wall.

"Um...it was just a question," I said, stifling a yawn as I brushed past Sid and took a water bottle out of the fridge.

"Marc and I are meeting up with Geno and going skating today," Sidney said, shaking his head at Marc. I immediately perked up.

"Skating?" I asked, almost feeling the sparkle in my eyes.

"Yeah...that thing that I get paid to do...we're going just for fun though," Sidney said, smirking.

"Why, do you want to go? I see that look on your face," Marc asked. I blushed, and then nodded.

"Well I don't know if we can get you skates...I mean, unless you have your own," Sidney said slowly.

"I'll be right back!" I said, dashing back into my room. I pulled open the closet, and grabbed a black bag out from the bottom of the closet. I bolted back into the kitchen and unzipped the bag before removing my skates.
"These are my babies," I said proudly, revealing a pair of solid black Bauer skates with red laces.
"Bauers huh?" Sidney asked, picking up the left skate and examining it closely. I nodded.

"Bauer is the best dude. I wouldn't trust anything else," I said, leaning against the table. Sidney shook his head and handed the skate back to me.

"I question that one," he chuckled.
"That's right, I forgot you were a Reebok boy," I laughed, tucking the skates back into their bag.