Sequel: Picking Up the Pieces

Bringing the Devil Out of Me

Eight

raced down the ice, my skates hissing beautifully as I dashed towards the blue line. Sidney and Geno were goofing off near the bench and Marc was skating from side to side along the crease. I took the corner quickly, my legs crossing over one another as I did so. I bolted towards Sid and Geno, slamming to a halt about a foot away from them. A cloud of ice flew up and coated Sidney and he looked at me with his eyebrows up.

"Did you just do what I think you just did?" he asked. I chuckled maniacally and dashed off towards Marc. Sidney and Geno gave chase, quickly catching up to me. I grabbed Marc by the shoulders and threw him in front of me.

"Hey, I'm not your meat shield!" Marc cried as Sidney and Geno coated him from head to toe in ice.

"Sorry Flowers!" Evgeni laughed, dusting off Marc's face.

"That's right, you are sorry," Marc joked, folding his arms across his chest. I peeked out from behind him, and Sidney immediately grabbed my arm and dragged me out from behind Marc. My skates slipped out from underneath me, and I took Marc out as I toppled to the ice. Sidney and Geno began to crack up as Marc rolled off of my legs. Sidney took the opportunity to grab my foot and take off down the ice, dragging me along my leg.

"AH SIDNEY GET OFF OF ME!" I screamed, laughing hysterically as he began to skate in circles.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Alice began to laugh hysterically as I dragged her along the ice. Flowers and Geno were busy dying of laughter, so I took the opportunity to harass the newest addition to our group. I'm still a little nervous about her though...something about her is so...different. I don't know if we can trust her completely. I thought as I looked down at the girl I was dragging around. Her big green eyes sparkled and her face was flushed with laughter.

"So have you learned your lesson?" I asked, stopping and looking down at her. She looked back at me and began to laugh again. I smiled and shook my head before dropping her leg. I skated around her and offered her my hand, which she took, and I pulled her to her feet.

"That was fun!" she grinned, brushing her hair out of her face.
"I'm glad you thought so. Now you're as ice covered as I am!" I teased.

"Dude, you and Alice get along pretty well." Marc said as I untied my skates. I glanced over at the redhead, who was currently trying to get onto the bench across the ice. Geno was blocking the entrance and pushing her away gently. I shook my head and smiled.

"She's cool, but I'm not too sure about her yet..." I said, pulling off my right skate.

"What do you mean?" Marc asked, looking at me curiously.

"I have trouble trusting women...you know that Marc. After all of the crap I've gone through with them, it's a pretty reasonable hesitation," I sighed, yanking off my left skate with a little more agitation than originally planned.
__________________________________________________________________________________

"Geno come on! I wanna get my skates off!" I cried, pushing him again as he blocked me from getting onto the bench.

"Nope! Not until you answer my question," he smirked, bumping me gently with his shoulder.

"You didn't even ask me a question!" I sighed.

"Exactly. I want to annoy you first to give you more reason to answer it," Evgeni smirked.

"Fine, I'll answer your question," I said, folding my arms over my chest.

"What do you think of Sid?" he asked, staring me down. I furrowed my brows.

"Sid?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yes. Sid. My best friend. The guy who is beating up Flowers," Geno laughed. I looked over my shoulder and saw Sidney sitting on top of Marc, who was laying on the bench, and punching his chest repeatedly. They were both laughing, Sidney's rather adorable giggle-like laughs and Marc's...more manly ones...rolling over to us across the ice.

"He's...interesting. I haven't really gotten to know him very well, but I feel like I know him better now. He's a lot more withdrawn off the ice," I said after thinking about it for a second.

"Do you like him?" Geno asked, leaning against the boards.

"Well, yeah. He seems like an awesome guy, and he's always over so I kind of have to like him," I laughed. Geno shook his head.

"That's not what I meant. I mean, do you like him," Geno asked. I blushed.

"Um...I don't really know him that well...but I guess so. He's cute, and he's hilarious. I think he's the kind of guy I'd like to date if I got to know him a little better," I said, looking back over at him and Marc. Marc was now trying to wrestle Sidney off of him.

"And it's not just because he is famous hockey player?" Geno asked. I glared at him.

"I live with a famous hockey player, I work with famous athletes all the time, and I hang out with you guys way too often for that to be a deciding factor. An added bonus, maybe, but not a deciding factor. I'm not a shallow ice-slut you know," I growled before skating off towards the other bench.

"I didn't mean it like that." Geno sighed, skating up behind me.

"I'm sorry, I just...I've had a lot of people say things like that to me before in college about certain guys I dated...I just have a complex," I sighed, letting my body relax once more.

"Okay," Geno said before dashing off, leaping gracefully over the boards, and ripping Sidney off of Marc.

"Not fair!" Sidney cried as Evgeni dumped him onto the ice.