Sequel: Picking Up the Pieces

Bringing the Devil Out of Me

Nine

By the time I got home it was already past 10:30, and I wasn't surprised to find several of the Penguins sitting in my living room throwing back beers, blasting music and playing xbox.

"Hey Alice, you finally made it!" Marc called from the kitchen/dining room area. I waved and slipped into my room to change. I threw on a pair of black yoga pants, a black cami, and a green sweatshirt. I tucked my cellphone into my pocket and walked back into the living room, where a beer was immediately shoved into my hands. Evgeni stared at me for a moment before jerking his head towards the couch. I raised an eyebrow, but looked over. Sidney, Matt and Kris were all sitting on the couch playing Call of Duty as usual.

"What?" I asked him, trying to keep a straight face.

"Go talk to Sid!" Evgeni demanded, pushing me towards the couch. I turned to say something to him, but bumped straight into a tall blonde.

"Sorry 'bout that one," he said, smiling. Jordan Staal I thought.
"It's cool, it was Geno's fault anyway," I smirked, making a face at the slick Russian who had quickly crossed the room. I sipped my beer before slipping onto the arm of the couch next to Sidney. He let out a groan, throwing his head back with his eyes squeezed shut. I immediately glanced at the TV, and saw his gamertag at the bottom of the list.

"Don't be a sore loser Sid!" Matt jeered, shoving Sidney with his shoulder. Sidney opened his eyes, and a smile spread across his face as he saw me. I blushed immediately. Why do I blush whenever he looks at me?

"Sorry Cookie...I'm just not used to losing," Sidney jeered back. Matt frowned, and we all laughed, knowing that it was usually him that had to give up the controller. Sidney stood, tossed the controller onto the couch and walked into the kitchen. I noticed for the first time that he walked rather stiffly, as if he had hurt himself.

"Is Sid okay? He's walking funny," I asked Matt. Matt, Kris, Jordan and Marc all cracked up. Geno looked over at us with a confused look before turning back to some of his other teammates.

"It's because he has such a huge ass," Kris said between laughs. Sidney immediately looked out from the kitchen.

"WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT MAKING FUN OF MY ASS?!" he bellowed from the kitchen. The guys just roared even louder, and I wiped tears from my eyes as he stormed back into the room, clutching a beer in his hand.

"Sorry bro, but she asked why you walk funny," Matt chuckled. I smacked him upside the head.

"It's because of my THIGHS not my ASS!" Sidney growled, his cheeks flushing furiously.

"Hey, be nice. I've seen bigger," I managed to say as I stopped laughing momentarily.

"Really? 'Cause that would be a world record I think." Kris smirked. Sidney punched him roughly on the arm.

"Yeah. Have you ever seen Dion Phaneuf's ass? That thing could take up this whole couch!" I said. The guys stared at each other for a moment before nodding in agreement and then bursting out into hysterics again. Sidney gave me an appreciative smile and sipped his beer.

"Yo...I love you guys!" Marc said, his words more slurred than usual. Matt flung his arm around Marc's shoulder and Kris held up his beer.

"We love you too Flowers!" Jordan called out.

"You guys are so drunk," I sighed, rolling my eyes.
"DAMN RIGHT WE'RE DRUNK!" Matt yelled. He was a bit loud when he was drunk.

"There is no way you guys are driving home..." I said, picking up an empty cup. Some of the others had left earlier, being older and a little more mature.

"Duh, we're staying here!" Kris said. I groaned inwardly. I hated dealing with drunk people, especially men.

"Has anyone seen Sid? I miss his beautiful face," Geno asked, glancing around the room. I shook my head before slipping into my bedroom. I pulled off my sweatshirt and cami immediately, hoping to get to bed before anyone got any more crazy. I immediately heard someone scream and I let out a scream of my own, clutching my clothes to my chest.

"Holy crap, why did you just do that?!" Sidney cried, bewildered and also very drunk.

"It's my room! I wasn't expecting you to be in here!" I yelled back, backing up against the door.

"Oh...good point." Sidney said, walking towards me. I pressed myself further against the door, but it was no use. He leaned against the door with one arm, pinning me in a corner. I swallowed nervously and stared at his face, hoping his eyes would reveal his intentions. He smiled at me, and then leaned over. He kissed me roughly, his large, velvety lips crushing against mine. I felt my eyes widen in surprise, but they slipped closed quickly enough as my heart began to scream in my chest. He's so drunk! Half of me chided, while the other half told that half to shut the hell up. I let myself kiss him back, relishing the feeling. I almost let out a disappointed whine as he broke away. I opened my eyes and saw him staring back at me. His hazel eyes glistened like a kid's at Christmas and I raised my eyebrows. He then quickly brushed me aside and left the room.

"What the hell?" I asked myself quietly as he shut the door.