Sequel: The Last One Standing
Status: Complete

Can I Please Come Down

Chapter 3

I wake up the next morning to mom moving stuff, I just get up and go to our bathroom and move stuff out of our bathroom and I check to make sure the shower is working and I take a shower after I finish I change into a pair of skate jeans and a camo print shirt and I walk to my room and see mom moving some stuff near my room.

“Mom I don’t want to fight this morning so please just leave my room alone.” I say and she just nods and walks off I just walk in and grab my messenger bag and skateboard. I walk out and lock my door and leave the house I skate to my school called Bergs school for trouble teens. Yeah they thought I was troubled so they send me to this school so I can get therapy for free. I don’t need therapy but they think that between my situation at home and Jack dying they think that I need it. I walk in and put my skateboard in my locker that has a clear front they don’t give us regular locker’s because they are afraid that we will hide something. I go to my first class and just put in my head phones and slid my IPod down my sleeve of my hoodie. I click random shuffle and Therapy by all time low plays I just tune out the rest of the day until I go to therapy. I walk in the room it’s a plain gray room with a few pieces of furniture and a basic desk for the shrink which my shrink Mr. Thorne is a middle aged man who has salt and pepper hair and wears polo shirts and kakis with loafers with tassels he looks like someone who goes to the golf course every day after school I walk in and knock on the door he looks up.

“Layla please sit down.” He says motioning towards the couch I sit down.

“So how are you doing today.” He asks I just shrug.

“Alright how’s your mom doing.” I just shrug again

“Did you do anything interesting last night?”

“Went to a concert.” I say

“What concert.” He asks leaning forward

“Simple plan.” I say

“And they are important to you how.” He asks

“They help me though many things.”

“Like what.”

“They help me through everything.”

“How.”

“It’s like they understand me and when I listen to them I don’t feel so alone.” I say

“How do they understand you.”

“Their music it’s like they watch my life and then put it into lyrics.” I say looking down at my hands

“Alright so they even talk about your relationship with your mom.” He says trying to bring my relationship with my mom into it I just look down at my hands and stay quiet.

“Alright how is your skating doing.” I just shrug he sighs I know that he’s getting frustrated.

“Okay listen Layla I try to get you to talk but I only get glimpses of your life and it’s not helping either of us so why don’t you just tell me what you do after school” he says

“I work.” I say

“Why.” I just stay silent

“Why won’t you let us in we are just trying to help you were not going to hurt you.” He says

“Alright how about this you tell me what you think about therapy.”

“I think it’s a waste of time and that you are trying to fix me but I’m not broken okay yeah I have something’s going on in my life so I will get over it.” I say

“And why do you think you will get over it just like that.” he says

“I don’t think I will I know I won’t because it’s been 6 months and I know that it’s going to take longer but if I keep myself busy then I won’t think about it and I can deal it on another day.”

“Why do you keep putting it off why not deal with it and get it over with.”

“Because it hurts and it’s too much stress for me to deal with, with my mom the way she is and me having to proved for the family when I should be out having fun, going out on dates, going to see a movie with a friend or going to a beach party not having to go to work then come home to someone who likes to collect a lot and then fight with her and then going to bed wondering if I’m going to end up like her when I get older.” I say pacing

“What does she collect your mother.” He asks

“Everything and anything.” I say sitting down and then the bell rings. I stand up but get stopped.

“Do you love your mom?”

“Yes.”

“Are you happy living with your mother.”

“No.”I say and I leave and I grab my stuff and head to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
there you go thank you for the comments