Sequel: The Last One Standing
Status: Complete

Can I Please Come Down

Chapter 9

Layla’s P.O.V

I hung up with the guys and started sanding the piece of board. I feel the sun hit my back and I start getting hot so I take off my hoodie and tie it around my waist and I look at my sand paper and see that it’s worn down so I reach in the pocket on my thigh and grab another piece. I start sanding after a few minutes I walk in the house and I grab a water bottle I walk into the living room and see mom just sitting there.

“Mom come on you’ve got to pack.” I say

“Why I’m only leaving for a little bit right.” She said looking at me.

“No mom you’re getting evicted which means that you aren’t living here anymore.” I say sitting next to her and grabbing her hand she just shakes her head.

“No, no I’m not leaving.” She says standing up. I just sigh and walk upstairs and start packing for her and after I finish I bring her bags filled with her clothes and a few pictures downstairs I put them on the porch and continue finishing the last two steps. I pick up the board and start sanding after that’s finished I put it on the steps and screw it on. I start on the other one after a while I finish sanding when I see a huge bus pull up. I see everyone get out and they see me and I just run at them and give them hugs. I look and see Dad get off the bus last a run and give him a hug he picks me up and spins me around.

“Don’t ever do that to me again okay.” He says sternly

“Never.” I say

“Good because I missed you so much.” He said giving me another hug. We walked back and I started screwing the steps to the porch. After I finish I step back.

“There you go steps where you won’t fall through.” I say and they just laugh and test them out. I look at the time and see that its 2:55

“Hey guys when the police show up can you tell them just to go into the house unless they don’t feel safe then just come get me.” I say and they nod I walk in the house and see mom in the same spot where she was.

“Mom come on you need to get going.” I say she looks up and sees me.

“I can’t okay I can’t leave any of this.” She says

“Yes you can.” I say and then the police pull up.

“You called the police.” She hissed

“You need to get out of here you can’t live like this.” I say and then a police officer comes in the house.

“Miss. Jameson you need to come with me.”He says taking her by the arm.

“But what about my stuff.” She says

“It will be put to good use.” He reassures her.

“Miss. Bouvier—.”

“Layla.” I correct

“Layla can you help me.” He says I walk beside mom and help her outside. She panics and tries to get back in the house but the Officer puts hand cuffs on her.

“Wait can I talk to my daughter.” The Officer nods, she walks over to me

“I love you and I’m going to miss you.” I say and give her a hug she pulls away and looks at me confused

“You’re not going to live with me.” She says I step next to dad

“You need to get help I need to get past what has happened so I’m going to live with dad I’m sorry, but I love you.” I say and Pierre puts an arm around me. She just looks at me; the Officer leads her to the car and helps her in. the officer nods a thanks to me and gets in and drives away. I just look up at Dad he looks down and smiles at me I smile back.

“Well kid how about we go home.” He says I nod and we walk on the bus, the driver starts the bus and I sit down and watch the house that I’ve been living in for so long disappear. I turn around and get ready for the life that is a head of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the last chapter the sequel will be called The last one standing and i will post the first chapter soon once i have written it but school starts soon so I'm not sure if me posting that story will be frequent but i promise to do it twice a month