Status: Done for now.

Baby Blue Eyes

I'm the girl...

I met Lexi at a party my friends had dragged me to claiming it would be a blast. That’s the way it always went my friends would say “Come on Addison it will be so much fun and we’ll find a girl for you.” I answered the same way every time “Fine but you better not leave me alone like last time.” “We promise we won’t Addie.” They always did though I was always left to sip my beer alone in the corner or find some mutual friend. I wasn’t the prettiest or the most social girl which meant parties are just a giant suck fest to me. I went only because I was a huge pushover and my friends took it for granted sometimes.

I was the girl you called at three in the morning when you were hammered and you needed a ride home from some random person’s house. I was the girl you called when you wanted to follow your boyfriend to see if he was cheating on you. I was the girl you called when he was cheating on you and you needed someone to eat ice cream with you, hug you and tell you he wasn’t worth your time. I was the girl that you asked to copy her homework or you needed to copy her notes. I was the girl who was invisible until you needed a true friend to sit there with you and not judge you.

I had seen Lexi earlier when I had arrived with my group of friends. She was petite with dyed blond hair styled in a scene girl hairstyle. She had her side facing me she was talking with some jock that played football at my school. I promptly forgot about her because I could already see my friend, Lauren had set her sights on her. Even if Lauren hadn’t wanted her I don’t think I would have talked to her she was way out of my league.

That is why I was shocked when she made her petite frame comfortable next to me. I was sitting next to a mutual friend in front of the bonfire someone had set up and sipping my beer every now and again. It also surprised me when she talked “Hey I’m Lexi. What’s your name?” I turned to face her and the first thing that caught me off guard was her eyes they were blue but not just the normal blue they were… a baby blue color, they were absolutely gorgeous. “My name is Addison but you can call me Addie.” I said just above a whisper and I’m sure I was bright red. Way to go Addie you stunned her with your eloquence! Lexi giggled at my shyness her giggle was such a wonderful sound I wanted to hear it again and again. She playfully slapped me a patent flirt move. Was this beautiful girl flirting with me?

"You’re too cute! You must be here with someone?” I laughed out loud at this, was she serious? Lexi’s brow knitted together and tilted her head to the side in confusion she was adorable when she was confused. I sobered up quickly and said “Nope. I mean no I’m not here with anyone.” Her adorable puzzled expression became angry and dark. Why was she angry? Lexi opened her mouth to say something but she was interrupted by my friend, Mark, calling my name loudly. He tried to plop down into my lap. Tried being the keyword he missed my lap by a pretty large margin which only meant he was drunk and I had to bring him home and take care of him like he was my sick child.

I wouldn’t get to know why Lexi was angry I sighed. “Come on Mark let’s get you home.” I sighed again suddenly exhausted as if this one sentence took away all my energy. Lexi jumped up and said “Wait! Give me your phone so I can give you my number, please.” I handed her over my phone albeit doubtfully. As I helped Mark struggle to unsteady feet Lexi programmed her number into my cell.

Once she was done she handed me it back I said “Thanks.” She nodded and started making her way across the patio area but not before calling over her shoulder “Remember to call me, ok?” waggling her fingers at me. I nodded although she already turned and continued her way to the house. Once Lexi was out of sight Mark threw up all over my new converse I sighed it wasn’t exactly the first time he had done it before. I shook my head as if the action would rid me of the thoughts of Lexi but, it was the best I could do and I had to help my friend. That’s what I did I helped my friend home and assisted my friend back to sobriety.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short but I hope you enjoyed it anyways.