Status: Completed

I Wonder What It's Like to Be Loved by You

Others Pretend They Don't Care At All

Danny’s POV
Once Kirstie and Gio left and went up to the music room, I turned to the guys and they must have sensed my nervousness because they immediately started to question me about it.

“What’s with all of this about Lizzy?” I asked them. “You’ve never said anything about her before.”

“Okay we don’t like Lizzy but we can deal with her,” Harry started.

“But we don’t want Kirstie to meet her,” Dougie told me.

“Why not?”

“Because she’s mean!” Tom groaned. “She’s so mean to Gio and she doesn’t even has a reason! You know how jealous Lizzy is, if she’s that mean to Gio, think of how mean she’ll be to Kirstie.”

“Yeah Danny, you know she’ll think Kirstie is out to steal Danny from you or something and then she’ll be even more mean than she already is!” Dougie went on.

“And we like Kirstie and don’t want her to get hurt,” Harry finished.

I let out a sigh as I sat own and ran my fingers through my hair. Tom patted my back and asked, “What’s wrong mate?”

“It’s just…I’m confused,” I groaned. “I had a crush on Kirstie back when we were friends, you guys know that, and I guess I’ve kind of always had it deep down but it was easy to ignore it when she wasn’t around. Now that she’s back, all those feelings are back.”

“Why don’t you tell her then?” Dougie asked.

“Because,” I sighed. “It wouldn’t work. For one, Kirstie is an amazing person and I love her so much, I wouldn’t want to risk our friendship. Then the other thing is she doesn’t even live here, in two weeks, she’ll be walking out of my life again. And Kirstie is…wonderful. She’s deep and real, she’s not superficial and flakey like most of my girlfriends and she cares more about what’s on the inside and I guess I’m just afraid that I’m not smart and good enough for her… hence why I wrote Obviously because Kirstie is out of my league.”

“Last time I checked, you’re the only one saying she’s out of your league. Kirstie doesn’t seem like the type of person to just dismiss people because they aren’t like her,” Harry piped in. “And you said that she cares more about what’s on the inside, just because you aren’t smart or anything doesn’t mean she doesn’t love the person that you are.”

I nodded my head and we started heading upstairs but Tom held me back and said to me, “Danny, you can’t help who you love and Kirstie seems like a good girl to love but you won’t ever have a chance if she doesn’t know.”

I want to tell her so bad, but…. I just can’t. At least not now. I tried to shake off all of these thoughts as I walked into the room with everyone else.

“I’m so excited to hear your music,” Kirstie buzzed while strumming my guitar.

“Well let’s get going!” I shouted as all of us took our spots and the girls sat in some big leather chairs in front of us.

“What are you going to play?” Gio asked us.

“I think we have quite a few to play, Kirstie doesn’t know any of them,” Tom told her.

I turned around and whispered to the guys, “Let’s play the heart never lies.”

They nodded and we quickly got playing. Kirstie was smiling the entire time and when we got to the chorus, I saw tears start to form in her eyes.

“That was called, The Heart Never Lies,” I told her once our song was done and she had silent tears trickling down her cheeks. “Do you remember that?”

“I wrote it in our book,” She softly said.

I nodded before she got up and we shared a long hug. She kissed my cheek and whispered, “That was so touching Danny.”

“It was written for you,” I whispered back.

Kirstie was smiling so brightly as she went and sat back down. We then went on to play so many more of our songs to catch her up. Kirstie has always been very hyper and excitable but I thought she was going to explode! She loved our music so much and it made me feel really good to have her approval and excitement. If she only knew that pretty much all of the songs that I wrote, I wrote for her…
♠ ♠ ♠
please please please please please comment! it would make me sooo happy!