Status: Completed

I Wonder What It's Like to Be Loved by You

Cause I’m Not Alone

“Kirstie, I don’t get this. Why do we even need to know this anyway?” Danny whispered as he leaned over in the middle of math class.

“We don’t need to know it, the teachers just like to torture us,” I giggled.

”Kirsten, Daniel, for the hundredth time stop talking!” The teacher snapped at us. We just laughed.

“Want to come over to my house after school?” Danny asked.

“Sure, we have to work on our project anyway,” I replied.

He let out a groan before saying, “I mean, do you want to come over and hang out, not work!”

I laughed and gave Danny a light smack in the arm. Over the past three weeks, Danny and I have become the best of friends. He’s the best friend I’ve ever had and I feel like I’ve known him all my life. My parents immediately took notice of how happy I was and took the liberty of telling me how they were right and that I did make friends. I just ignored that.

“Hi Kirstie,” Danny’s mom, Heather, greeted me when we walked into the Jones house.

“Hey Mrs. Jones,” I grinned.

“Please, how many times have I told you, call me Heather!” She smiled.

“Mom could you call Kirstie’s mum and ask if she could stay for dinner?” Danny spoke up.

“Did you even ask Kirstie if she wants to stay for dinner?” Heather asked while putting her hands on her hips.

Danny let out a playful groan before turning and asking me, “Kirst, do you want to stay for dinner?”

“You’re such a gentleman,” I teased while pinching his cheek. “And thanks, I would love to if it’s okay with my parents.”

“I’ll go call them,” Heather grinned while walking out of the room but then called back, “And Kirstie you have permission to smack him if he’s being stupid again.”

“Wow, Danny’s being stupid? Haven’t heard that one before,” Vicky, his sister whom I have become quite close with came down the stairs.

“I know, it’s pretty shocking isn’t it?” I joked.

“You’re mean!” Danny pouted.

“No, I’m right,” I giggled.

“Oh is that so?” He smirked.

I just nodded my head with a smile. In one swift motion, Danny tackled me onto the ground. He held both of my hands above my head with one of his and straddled my waist as he started tickling my side.

”Danny! Stop! You’re going to make me pee my pants!” I squealed through laughs as I tried to squirm away.

“Hey, before you two kill each other I need to tell you that Kirstie can stay for dinner,” Vicky said while sticking her head into the room.

“Okay!” We shouted simultaneously.

Danny eventually got off before we went to hang out in his room. It was extremely messy, clothes everywhere, posters littering the wall, papers with lyrics and chords written on them were scattered like sprinkles on top of a cupcake over everything. I hopped onto his bed, the only somewhat tidy thing and Danny plopped down next to me.

“So, what do you want to do for our history project?” I asked.

“Nothing,” Danny chuckled and I laughed with him.

“I actually had an idea. So we have to pick a person that was on the Titanic and then do some type of report on them. I was thinking that you could write a song about our person and I could make a diorama of the Titanic out of paper mache or something and then we can talk about the Titanic,” I suggested.

“You’re so good at stuff like this,” Danny smiled. “And of course anything to do with art.”

“Well, I don’t know how good I am at art, but I sure do love it,” I shyly grinned.

“Would you stop it!” He laughed. “You always say you’re not good at everything and you’re so amazing. Quit apologizing for everything.”

“Sorry,” I cringed.

“You did it again!” Danny cracked up and I quickly joined in with him. “Alright, well who’s this guy we’re doing the report on?”

“His name is Saduits Harry, he was a fur trader from the backwoods of Sweden and then took the Titanic and he died so there isn’t much information on him,” I explained.

Danny grabbed his guitar and started strumming and singing, “My name is Saduits Harry, I got lots of fur that I carry, and I come from the woods, I come from the woods. I come from the woods, I come from the woods, I come from the woods, I come from the woods.”

He got up and started dancing around with his guitar and he played and sang. I fell over on the bed and was engulfed in laughter. Tears poured down my cheeks and I laughed so hard that no noise came out. Danny could make me laugh like no one else. We have so many inside jokes and we laugh at the most random things. People think we’re weird but to us, we have each other and that’s all that matters.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm sad that danny doesn't have his curly hair anymore! it made me so happy! hahah

comments are greatly appreciated! :D