Status: Completed

I Wonder What It's Like to Be Loved by You

I Wanna Hold You

Danny’s POV
“I don’t want to go back to school tomorrow,” Kirstie pouted as she and I sat on the edge of the dock, watching the sun set and letting our feet dangle into the water.

“I know, me either. I’ve had the most amazing summer ever,” I sighed while wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

She let out an equally as heavy of a sigh as she rested her head on my shoulder. My lips curled into a smile as she did this. Usually Kirstie and I were always talking about something but for now, we just sat in a comfortable silence.

Tomorrow we would be starting our sophomore year and I was so sad for summer to be over. This has been the best summer of my life. Kirstie and I have spent literally every single day together.

The two of us are best friends, but over the course of this summer, my love for her has changed. I will always love her as my best friend but I’ve been getting different feelings for her. I’ve been falling for her. I’ve tried to stop myself but I just can’t. Kirstie is just…captivating.

She’s so beautiful, even if she doesn’t believe it. Her brown hair gently brushed the top of her shoulders and it’s a rich chocolate brown that shows the red in it as the sun shines on it. She has the most gorgeous dark brown eyes that sparkle and twinkle, especially when she smiles. Oh, and that smile, that smile makes me go weak at the knees. Her whole face lights up when she smiles and her dimples show up. She exudes happiness and she is so innocent and kind, yet hyper and fun.

Kirstie understands me like no one else. We know everything about one another and we’re so comfortable with each other. I’ve been teaching her how to play guitar and I love it when I get to wrap my arms around her and help her. She makes me feel good about myself and encourages me to be myself and I hope I do the same for her.

“Danny,” She softly spoke, breaking me out of my reverie.

“Yeah?” I replied.

“I love you,” Kirstie smiled up at me.

“I love you too,” I grinned my crooked smile, knowing I’d always be saying those words with a slightly different longing.

She was silent for a minute before saying, “I wonder what my life would be like if I never met you?”

“You’d be depressed and you wouldn’t know how to play guitar,” I chuckled, making her laugh that adorable laugh of hers that I always seemed to make come out.

“Pretty much,” She giggled. “I’m serious though Danny. You’ve made my life so much better and I’m glad we’re friends. It’s hard to believe that we’ve been friends for a year, it seems like so much longer.”

“I know,” I agreed. “But it’s been the best year of my life. I don’t know what I’d do without you Kirst.”

“I feel the same, I don’t know what I’d do without you Danny,” She replied as we shared a long hug.

“C’mon, I better get you home or your dad will hurt me,” I joked while standing up and helping her up.

She let out that cute laugh again before saying, “My dad wouldn’t hurt you. My parents don’t worry if I’m home late if they know I’m with you because they know that I’ll be safe with you.”

I got a shy smile on my face and kicked a rock while I let my cheeks go back to their normal color. I don’t know why she makes me feel this way but she does. Girls never make me nervous but when Kirstie tells me stuff like this, it makes me get butterflies. stupid hormones

As we walked down the street toward our houses, luckily we lived only a few houses away from one another, I slipped my hand into hers and she sent me that dimply smile.

“Where are you guys going?” Vicky asked as we walked by my house down toward Kirstie’s.

“I’m walking Kirstie home, tell mum I’ll be home in a few,” I told her.

“Hi Vicky,” Kirstie smiled while sending her a wave.

“Hi Kirstie,” She replied and then she noticed us holding hands and smiled. I don’t know why though, we hold hands all the time. I just shrugged it off and took Kirstie home before heading back to my own house.

”DANNY LIKES KIRSTIE! DANNY LIKES KIRSTIE!” Vicky chanted the second I walked through the door.

”What?” I shot at her. “No I don’t!”

“Yes you do, you guys were holding hands!” She battled back. “And you talk about her all the time and when you do, you get that big goofy smile on your face!”

“We’re best friends,” I shrugged while grabbing my guitar and started strumming.

“What are you guys talking about?” Mum asked while coming into the room.

“How big of a crush Danny has on Kirstie,” Vicky teased.

“Well duh, that’s kind of obvious,” Mum laughed.

Seriously? Is it really obvious? Oh great, Kirstie probably knows then! That’s just wonderful! I want to tell her so bad but I can’t, she my best friend and if I told her she probably would just tell me she doesn’t feel the same and our friendship would be ruined. Whatever, it’s probably just a little crush that will go away in time… right?
♠ ♠ ♠
do you guys like having some of the chapters in Danny's POV? cause if you do, i can do more of them like that :D
but they will all be in Kirstie's POV unless it says at the top that they are in someone else's

comments would be lovely!