Status: Completed

I Wonder What It's Like to Be Loved by You

That Old North Wind Began To Blow

I always have loved Christmas time, that and Summer are my favorite times of the year. Summer has become my favorite because Danny and I get to do so many fun things but I’ve just always loved Christmas so much…but not this year.

Christmas was only a few days away and my parents sat me down and told me something. We moved to England because my dad got stationed here from the military, well now, he got re-stationed…back in California! I could hardly believe it when they told me, I didn’t want to believe it!

I have grown to love England, not because of the place, but because of Danny Jones. He’s my best friend, and we spend literally every single day together, I’m not kidding, we hang out every day. After school, we go to either my house, or Danny’s and on the weekends we always do something together. He means everything to me, I’ve never known anyone like him and I won’t ever meet anyone else like him again. Even though we’ve only been best friends for the past two and a half years, it seems like so much longer. Just the thought of leaving him devastated me.

“I’m sorry honey, but I can’t do anything,” Dad softly said while resting his hand on my knee.

“We can come back and visit,” Mom tried to add a little happiness but it didn’t work.

“When do we have to move?” I asked through my tears.

“The 29th,” Dad answered.

“But, it’s the 23rd today!” I quickly shot back.

“I know, but they need me at the first of the year,” He sighed. “I know this is hard on you sweetie, but I can’t just say no.”

“Why not? Why can’t you just have the same job here?” I questioned with tears still streaming down my cheeks.

“It just doesn’t work that way,” He gently said.

I sobbed heavily and my mom pulled me in for a hug and my dad wrapped his arms around the both of us.

“Can I go over to Danny’s house?” I choked out through my tears.

My parents agreed and I went to grab my boots and a heavy coat. Even though Danny’s house is right down the road, it’s December in Bolton, yeah… it’s cold.

I wiped my tears then headed down to Danny’s house. When I got there, Heather told me Danny was up in his room so I went up there. He was sitting on his bed, strumming his guitar but when I came in, he smiled his crooked smile up at me and I smiled back while I sat down next to him.

“I was just about to come over to your house,” He told me. “I have so many great ideas!”

“Like what?” I asked, not wanting to tell him about the horrible news yet.

“Well I was thinking that we’d spend New Year’s either at your house or mine and during the day I could teach you some more guitar and then we could get pizza and watch Indiana Jones, Back To The Future, or Star Wars until midnight,” Danny suggested.

“You don’t even really like movies though Dan,” I countered.

“Some are okay, and I know those are your favorites and I’d be more than happy to watch them with you,” He smiled.

“You’re so nice,” I grinned while hugging him.

“But then I had another idea! Okay, so you know how I’m starting that band with my new mate Tom? Well I think we’re going to be pretty busy all summer so I was thinking that you and me would go on a road trip during spring break and we can go camping and take my new truck and we’d just get to have fun,” He beamed.

“That sounds great Danny but…” I trailed off with a heavy sigh. “There’s something I have to tell you.”

“You’re going to play football in the spring?” He smirked.

“First off, it’s soccer! And second, I might since you’ve taught me so well but I wouldn’t play it here in Bolton,” I stated.

“Why not in Bolton? Where else would you play it?” Danny asked with a confused look on his face.

“In California,” I softly replied. “I’m going to play it there because I’m moving there.”

Danny was silent for a long time before he asked in a voice above a whisper, ”You’re…You’re moving?”

“Yeah, mom and dad told me today. Dad got transferred,” I sighed.

“When do you have to move?” He mumbled out.

“In a week,” I sighed even heavier.

I looked up at Danny with tears in my eyes and saw that his eyes were glossed over as well. He pulled me in for a hug and we tried to comfort each other but I have a feeling that Danny’s comfort won’t be able to have the same effect when we’re in different countries…
♠ ♠ ♠
whoo! 7th anniversary of Room On The Third Floor! My favorite McFly album!

comments pleeeeaaasssee?