Status: Active

Almost Lovely Disaster

Distancing Lives

I was one of those girls, the quiet, stay home on a Friday night kind of girl. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to party it was just well, I didn’t want to party. I had more important things to do with my life than get fucked up and shag some hot guy. I had my moments though when that kind of life sounded brilliant. My best friend however was that kind of girl and I got tired of picking up the pieces of her messed up life, when I could barely find the shards of mine.
It was one of those days, the alarm clock went off, it felt like I hadn’t slept in days and yet I just woke up from a good eight hours of sleep. I wanted to die rather than get up but I pushed myself up and headed toward my clothes. I picked out a simple pair of jeans and a grey tank top. I liked how dull it looked but I liked the chick look it gave when I put on my pearl colored cardigan. I had always been into the classy styles, the kind that really never seemed to be in.
I walked into my bathroom and put on a little bit of mascara and eyeliner, I’m too lazy for the full face kind of make up plus I had always had this thought in the back of my mind, if they didn’t like me for me then why bother. I slid my dark fuchsia square framed glasses back on my face and smiled slightly as I ran a hand through my awkward orangey red hair.
The walk to school was quiet as I listened to The Cab and ignored the cars that drove by. I walked up the front steps and found Val sitting in front of her locker with a mirror and some lip stick in her hands.
She looked up and smiled at me as she applied her clear lip gloss over her ruby red lips. We were complete opposites but we worked, she had this gorgeous blond hair and blue eyes and she has this obscenely perky out look on everything and that’s why I loved her.
“Earth to Dev, it’s time for class” she said breaking me from my thoughts.
I just shook my head and smiled walking beside her dodging everyone else that was also on their way to class. I walked into my first class and took my seat by the window, after awhile class just seems pointless I have been in school twelve years and I’ll admit some things were useful but the majority is just bullshit. I used to try so hard to get perfect grades now it’s just natural to push forward it’s not even work, its just stress.
“Are you applying to Yale or Harvard for early acceptance?” Val asked.
“Um neither maybe, I haven’t really thought about it yet.” I said honestly.
Val scoffed at me and laughed.
“That’s just the way you are, your super smart yet you just don’t care” she said.
“Correction I do care it’s just those schools don’t necessarily strike my fancy” I replied.
She laughed and turned back to her work. The rest of class was fairly uneventful, in fact the rest of the day was uneventful which was nice. I was always being pushed by my teachers to go for more to do better, but my parents really just didn’t care it was like I wasn’t real, the only real thing was the fact that my mother was falling apart while my father just didn’t come home unless it was a Thursday and we were having lasagna. I was the back up plan, my mom was a genuinely kind woman she loved me don’t get me wrong but she didn’t know how to handle me because she wasn’t planning on having me.
“Hey Dev come here” Val called from the parking lot as I walked out of the school doors.
I saw her standing with two guys one of which was her boyfriend of the month who’s name I just couldn’t bring myself to recall and the other no one ever forgot, he was Jeremy Chandler and I wanted nothing to do with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
The chapters will get longer, this is more of a teaser than a chapter per say, I'm reinventing my writing and I want to see what people think.