Status: Active

Almost Lovely Disaster

Some Kind Of Perfect

“This is Jeremy and you know Brock, Jeremy this is Devonny” She said extending her hand towards me.
“Hey” Jeremy said his signature smirk engraved on his face.
I just nodded my head and looked at Val.
“Did you actually need something or was this you trying to make me be social for a little bit?” I asked.
“A bit of both but mainly the social part” she said with a smirk and a light chuckle.
I rolled my eyes and smiled none the less. They continued talking, I just nodded my head and stared towards the setting sun praying for some excuse to sneak off but none came. I turned my attention back to the conversation at hand as my name was being brought up.
“Brock’s having a party tonight, your coming with me right?” she asked with a pleading look in her eyes.
“I don’t--” she cut me off.
“Come on one more party isn’t going to kill you plus, you don’t want me to get into a car plastered off my ass and drive home probably swerve and hit some poor helpless person and end my own life now do you?” she asked.
She knew which buttons to press to get her way and I hated that. I loved her to death but she appealed to my caring nature which pissed me off but I just nodded my head. She squealed and hugged me tightly to her. I just laughed it off.
“Well if I’m going to this party then I better get home and make up some excuse, later”
Jeremy smirked at me and I just nodded my head, he was intimidating as much as I hated to say it. He had high defined cheek bones, hazel eyes that seemed to shine with mystery, and a smile that could drop a girl to her knees. He was a bad boy though, well in a sense, he smoked cigarettes, skipped class, drove a motorcycle and the rumors that flew weren’t pretty. He has a grace though that makes up for it in some strange way.
I walked into the house and it was empty as I suspected, my mom disappeared on nights that she knew dad wouldn’t be home. She left me money on the counter and a note saying she would be back later and not to worry. My mom had been really protective of me since I was little, but as I got older she strayed farther and farther away from me probably because I reminded her too much of Dad.
When I was seventeen my little sister died, she was two years old and nothing has ever been the same. My dad blames my mom, my mom blames herself, and I blame no one. It was an accident. I climbed up the stairs to my room and turned on some music, the house seemed to quiet with just me in and the wall talked they knew all of my secrets everything I tried to keep buried inside, things that no one needed to know.
I took off my cloths and stepped into the shower, I let the water wash everything away as it stung my skin. Tonight was going to be a long night, I jut had this feeling that things were changing and if it was for the better I wasn’t too sure.
I moved through the throng of prIe-teen and teen body’s, it was far too hot in this house and it reeked of alcohol and cigarette smoke two of my least favorite things. I finally managed to find a back door, I hurled myself through the hole and breathed a sigh of relief as fresh air stung my nose and made my lungs less numb. I sat out on the porch by myself for what felt like hours, I didn’t need to go inside to know Val was drunk I could hear her loud voice through the door.
When Val drunk she became obnoxious, more bubbly and blunt than usual and the giggling I just couldn’t handle it.
“Hey” I didn’t look up to see who had sat next to me.
“Hi” I replied slowly breaking myself out of my thoughts.
I looked up and Jeremy was seated about a brick away from me, a cigarette perched between his perfect lips. I raised my eyebrow at him, which he returned with a smirk to.
“Why come out her to smoke?” I asked.
“Don’t you know it’s rude to smoke inside a house not everyone likes the smell” he said.
I scoffed and he chuckled.
“I somehow get this distinct feeling that you don’t like me very much” He said with a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips.
“I don’t know you and I’d really prefer to keep it that way” I said standing up.
“Oh but sweetheart I’m just what you need” he said with a chuckle.
I didn’t even bother to justify his statement by looking back at him, I walked back into the smoke inhabited room looking for Val so I could get the hell out of here. Something about the boy scared me, maybe it was that he lived life, or maybe it was that he knew I didn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
So a little different, I'm pretty sure I knwo where it's going. I like how she is a little warped in her perception in the begginning and at the end kind of admits that she realizes she is.