Status: Active

Almost Lovely Disaster

Alone With The Sunrise

The Drive home was long even though it was only ten minutes to Val’s house it felt like an hour probably because she wouldn’t shut up and I was tired. Jeremy unnerved me I didn’t know what to think about him, he was right though I somehow distained him. I don’t know why I didn’t like him I just didn’t care much for the way he acted, not that I knew much about that either.
I walked into my house the stench of alcohol thick in the air, I found my mom on the couch clutching a bottle. I took it out of her hands slowly and placed the lid back on what hadn’t been spilt into the carpet I grabbed a blanket from the hall closet and tucked her in before heading to my own bed to drown out the world.
I woke up at a precise time everyday, I liked schedules, I liked routines its how I get by on a daily basis without organization I would fall apart. I got dressed in a simple white tank top, blue cardigan and a pair of skinny jeans with black flats. I straightened my hair and applied a little eyeliner and headed downstairs.
Mom was still face down in the couch; I grabbed a pop tart from the kitchen and headed to school. My parents split six months ago, I say that like it was decided but in reality my Dad just walked out. He had gotten his secretary pregnant and left to start a new life. My mom has been falling apart more and more each month, eventually I’m afraid she’ll be nothing more than a shell, but there isn’t much I can do.
I parked in my favorite parking spot, but today there was a motorcycle parked beside me, noisy death contraptions, very impractical in my opinion. Truth was they scared me, the noise, the lack of seat belts, nothing over my head to protect me besides a helmet that may or may not survive a high impact crash. A lot of things scared me one of those things being life itself.
I got out and walked to the tree that Val was perched under with her boyfriend and Jeremy.
“Morning” She said cheerily.
I just nodded.
“Not a morning person?” Jeremy asked with a smile.
“Not particularly talkative” I replied.
He just chuckled like I told a funny inside joke. His voice was adorable, it made me want to smile but I didn’t I was afraid he would notice. I sat there as they talked just nodding when appropriate as I fell deep into my own thoughts.
“Do you live in your own world or do you also stay in ours” His voice pulled me out of my thoughts as I noticed Val making out with her boy.
“Sorry does it bother you that I don’t worship at your feet?” I asked him.
“No I find It entertaining because you have such high dislike of me and yet you know nothing about me doll”
“I don’t know you but we don’t run in the same circles and the one class we have together you normally skip” I said
“We have a class together”
“Who lives in their own world now?” I asked with a laugh.
He smiled.
“Your even prettier when you smile” he replied.
I just turned my head like I hadn’t heard him.
“Dev let’s get to class” Val said.
I was thankful that Val pulled me away from him before I had the chance to say something stupid. I always mess things up that’s why I don’t let people in its just safer not to let emotions start.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure how I feel about thise chapter, i felt bad because I haven't updated in forever but I'm gunna try to start updating more, i might even add a new story sometime soon I just don't know. Comment and subscribe please!

xoxo DeficientlyObscure