Your Love Keeps Liftin' Me

Your Love Keeps Liftin' Me

There was a time in Ryan's life when he was the happiest little boy in the world.

When his Mom would put on one of her old records and turn the volume way up and they'd dance in silly circles around her bedroom.

The sun streaming through the windows caught the dust particles and made them glow, like magic fairy dust, for them to dance through.

They'd link and hands and spin happily, laughter floating over the sounds of Jackie Wilson singing Higher and Higher.

Your love keeps liftin' me higher
Than I've ever been lifted before
So keep it up, yeah, quench my desire
And I'll be at your side forevermore
Yeah

They sang into kitchen spoons and lotion bottles and Ryan always got the guitar solos which he played amazingly well on his tissue box guitar.

You know your love (your love keeps liftin' me)
It keeps on liftin' (your love keeps liftin' me)
Higher (liftin' me, higher and higher)
Yeah, yeah your love (your love keeps liftin' me)
It keeps on liftin' (your love keeps liftin' me)
Higher (Liftin' me higher and higher)

Before his mom left and his dad got violent, before his mom's records were sold for booze money, before his dad ruined his perfect happiness, Ryan's mom loved to sing with Ryan.

Now, once I was downhearted
Disappointment was my closest friend
But then you came and he soon departed
And you know he never showed his face again

Ryan's mom no longer sang with him, but someone else did. Their voice was deeper and they couldn't dance half as well as Ryan's mom could, but they tried, and that's all that really mattered to Ryan.

I'm so glad I finally found you
Yes, that one, the one in a million, yeah
And I wish my lovin' arms around you
'Cause I can stand up and face the world

Come on, lift me up (your love keeps liftin' me)
Yeah