‹ Prequel: The Darkness Within
Status: Working on chapters!

Calling Me as You Fade to Black

Seven: Even Grief Had Changed Tonks

I exited the memory and I felt a tear drop slide down my cheek. I sat there staring around the storage room kind of holding myself together. I then felt to arms wrap around me and I looked to see Harry. I didn’t care that I was mad at him; all I wanted was to be held.

We stood there for as long as we could. But we did have a class to teach. Harry said,” go clean yourself up real quick and I’ll teach the class.”

He gave me one last squeeze in the hug and then left to go teach DADA. I hurried back to my room to redo my makeup and get myself together. I walked over to my bedside table and looked at the picture frame which held a moving picture of Draco and I. I frowned and pulled out my wand. I tapped on the frame with my wand and the picture changed to a moving picture of Snape and me.

I apologized as I entered the DADA classroom,” I’m so sorry I’m late class, I just had a few things to take care of.”

This class was full of third year students. So this year we would be teach them about Boggarts, the Glacius spell, werewolves, and more. When I arrived Harry was talking about the Glacius spell which would freeze fire and water.

Harry questioned,” Locklyn, would you care to show them how it’s done?”
I nodded and pointed my wand at a puddle of water on the floor just for the lesson. I stated smoothly,” Glacius.”

The puddle of water was now a big square chunk of ice. I proclaimed,” Now everyone will have a lighted candle on their desks and I want you to practice freezing the flame.”

I sat in my normal seat at the teachers table in the Great Hall for dinner. Professor McGonagall stood at the owl podium telling and stated,” Next week we will hold start of the year ball. The teachers that will be chaperoning are Professor Potter, Professor Riddle, and
our very new transfigurations teacher Professor Granger.”

Harry and I looked down at the other end of the table and saw Hermione smiling back at us. Ron had been so busy with work that he suggested that she go work at Hogwarts so she wasn’t alone most of the time.

McGonagall agreed at once because she was finding it hard to teach classes constantly and deal with all the headmistress duties. Plus I’m pretty sure any job would be lucky to have Hermione in their presence.

After dinner Hermione and I walked together discussing dresses and when we would go shopping for the dresses. She suggested,” Why don’t we go to Hogsmeade this Friday after all the classes are over with?”

I nodded,” That’s fine with me.”

I fell asleep that night quickly. All the tears earlier in the day had made me pretty tired. I had hoped this night would be a dreamless night. But of course, a lot of things I hope for never follow through.

The ground was misty and the sky was full of fog and clouds. I took a step but found myself ankle deep in water. I looked down and and saw a whole ocean ahead of me. I squinted my eyes to try and look across the body of water and then I saw it. The tall grey building in the middle of the water, it was Azkaban. I pulled out my wand as a Dementor came swooping at me. I yelled,” Expecto Patronum!”

My patronus surprised me. My patronus was no longer a leopard like it was in my fifth year. A doe had erupted from my wand. After the dementor had been pushed away from me, I felt the ground begin to rumble.

The fog began to clear and I saw what had caused the rumble. The visible side of Azkaban was missing. The side of the building had been imploded. I watched as the black smoke appeared from the death eaters we had put in there over the years escaped once again.

I could hear myself screaming curses at the smoke flying by me but nothing was coming out of my wand. I screeched out loud and followed the smoke through the forest in front of the ocean. My heart was racing as I could feel myself catching up. I skidded to a stop when I saw all the death eaters waiting for me.

Their leader was not facing me and they had their hood up so I could not see who it was. Next thing I knew they all had their wands pointed at me.

I erupted from my bed gasping for air. I grabbed my wand off the bedside table and shouted,” Expecto Patronum!”

Confusion and sorrow overwhelmed me as my patronus was the doe. I searched my brain
on why my patronus changed. I then remembered how Tonk’s patronus had changed in the sixth year. Harry had told me that Snape mentioned to Tonks that her patronus had changed. Harry thought it looked like a dog and he thought it had changed due to Sirius’s death. Later we found out that her patronus was a werewolf, due to Lupin rejecting her.

I remembered that before we had left Hogwarts for good, harry had shown me the memories Snape had given him. Oh my… Snape’s patronus was a doe… I hadn’t used the patronus in so long that I had no idea it had changed due to grief.

I couldn’t wait to see Harry’s expression… Not. He would probably immediately think my patronus changed to be the mate of his. I groaned to myself and got up to get ready. I decided on no cloak today.

Today was Thursday so I only had two more days until the weekend. The first week was actually quite exhausting. I felt like I had barely gotten any sleep. I smoothed my dress down with my wand and found myself yawning. My eyes flashed in the reflection as I looked at my left ring finger. Draco, you better have a god damn good excuse for being gone this long.

I left the ring on my finger and walked to the Potions room, where I was subbing for the day. I walked in and there was a brief case on the desk already. I asked,” Horace, Whose brief case is this?

Professor Slughorn turned around slowly and coughed,” The full replacement is coming in a week and they have been dropping off some of their stuff every once and a while.”

I nodded,” Oh well, who is the replacement?”

Slughorn chuckled,” Don’t worry, you are staying head of the Slytherin house but I’m afraid I cannot tell you who the replacement is.”

I looked away from Horace and made a weird look. I wonder why he couldn’t tell me. I moved the brief case to the wall behind the big desk and sat myself in the chair. Slughorn stated,” Thank you so much for covering for me. I think I hear kids in the corridor, want me to let them in?”

I nodded as he opened the door and motioned for the second years to take their seats. I proclaimed,” alright students I would like you to get out your copy of Magical Draughts and Potions.”

The room was then filled with shuffling from getting their books out of their book bags. They got their books out and looked back at me for instructions.

I continued,” Today we are going to brew some Polyjuice Potion. So turn to page 124 and begin on your potions. If you need any assistance just raise your hand.”

A girl with black hair raised her hand and said,” But I thought you don’t learn Polyjuice potion until seventh year.”

I looked at her and thought great another Hermione. I answered,” This one is more simple than the complex seventh year one.”

After I answered she put her nose in the book and started on her Potion along with the rest of the class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Locklyn's outfit for thursday

ALSO! If you like the Weasleys or Fred and George check out my new fan fiction. Which this one and my new fan fiction, i will be updating the most.
Heavenly (fred weasley fan fiction