‹ Prequel: The Darkness Within
Status: Working on chapters!

Calling Me as You Fade to Black

Eight: Just Go For It

Hermione and I bundled up in our jackets as we walked to Hogsmeade. I listened to her story of some girl from second year that was in her transfiguration class and tried to correct her. I added,” Wait does she have black hair?”

Hermione nodded,” Yes she does.”

I groaned,” She was in my Potions class and she tried telling me that the class could learn about Polyjuice potion.”

Hermione laughed,” Well we did.”

I pointed out,” Yes but on our own and I’m pretty sure you got that book that we used in Myrtles bathroom was from the restricted section.”

Hermione agreed,” It’s crazy how different their years are compared to ours. We were always busy trying to help Harry and they don’t ever have to worry about Voldemort.”

I chuckled,” or bascalisks in the pipes.”

She gasped,” Remember when Ron was afraid to get close to the toilets after meeting Myrtle!?”

We giggled at the thoughts of Ron worrying about going to the bathroom alone just because of the bascalisk and he thought it was out to get him.

We walked into a dress shop and thankfully the shop wasn’t crowded. I looked down an aisle and grabbed a dark green dress, a white dress, a silver dress, and a pink dress. I tried on all four dresses and by far my favorite was the pink one. I stepped out of the dressing room in the pink dress so Hermione could see it.

She smiled,” Locklyn that is darling!”

I stood at the mirror with Hermione standing behind me. She stated,’ SO Harry mentioned that he has feelings for you.”

I looked at her brown eyes through the reflection of the mirror and nodded,” I think he does.”

Hermione asked eagerly,” Well are you going to go for it?”

I shrugged,” I don’t know Mione. What about Ginny? What about Dr…”

Hermione frowned,” Ginny and Harry aren’t together Locklyn. She is too busy with her Quidditch career right now. Were you about to say Draco? Locklyn, come on. It’s been two years. If he is alive, don’t you think he would have come back earlier?”

And there’s another person to bring up a valid point. I sighed,” That’s what Harry and Ron
said. I know I have to stop holding on. It’s time to move on.”

To me, when I said that it sounded like I was trying to make myself believe my own words. If I told myself enough I’d surely believe it.

Hermione smiled,” So if Harry asks you accompany him as his date, what are you going to say?”

I chuckled,” I’m going to say yes.”

Hermione clapped her hands together,” Great!”

The week had passed quickly and Harry did end up asking me to accompany him. Just like Hermione and I had practiced, I had said yes. She demanded we practice just in case my holding on to Draco came back.

Harry and I walked together to the teachers’ dorms from teaching DADA on the day of the ball. He complained,” You would pick a dress that would require me to wear a pink tie.”

I laughed,” Just wear a gold tie or an orange tie because my dress does that have those two
colors as well, complainer.”

Harry nodded,” okay sounds good! So I’ll meet you at the bottom of the grand staircase then right?”

I winked,” Yes. Wearing pink just proves you’re manly but I guess fighting Voldemort was enough, huh?”

He laughed and rolled his eyes and I walked into my room.

I eyed my dress and my shoes on my black bedding. I smiled at the fact that I was getting to dress up. I walked barefooted to the tiled bathroom connected to my room and pointed my wand at my hair. Wordlessly, I curled my dark brown hair. I took a few dark colored bobby pins and pinned up a few pieces.

I stepped into my dress and put my French tipped toes into my high heels. My heels were orange that had a tie a little above the ankle and gold pieces in front. My reflection
impressed me. My makeup, hair, and outfit were perfect. I began walking to my door and then I saw my ring still on my finger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so basically I'm offically in post potter depression. I already miss having the excitement of knowing that in a few months there will be a new movie. So this story and my other harry potter fan fiction is helping me get through.

Locklyn's outfit going to Hogsmeade

The dress. makeup, shoes, and hair for locklyn will be shown next chapter!