Fear Of The Dark

Chapter XXVIII: Finale

[[ZACK]]

We bounded along in wolf form, following Sarah's trail. It was slowly getting stronger, so I knew we were close. After five minutes, I stopped suddenly, causing Brian to slam into me.

Within second we were in human form and I looked at them. "He's got her," I whispered. Their eyes widened slightly. "How do you know that?" Matt asked quietly. "She was afraid and panicky before, now she's terrified and fearing for her life. He's got her, I know it," I whispered before bounding off again, hearing them follow.

Minutes later, Sarah's scent was so strong it was almost intoxicating, and we all knew she was incredibly close. Turning a corner, we stopped, seeing Sarah stood there, fear in her eyes as the Ripper's cold, white hand was wrapped tightly round her throat, his mouth so close to her artery.

Anger ripped through me as I turned back into normal form and I glared at him. Noting the henchmen to the side, a growl rumbled low in my chest.

The Ripper chuckled and squeezed tighter on Sarah's throat, and instantly my hands went to my throat as pain ripped through me. This wasn't good, anything he did to Sarah right now, he did to me.

The guys stood by my side, when suddenly Brian gasped. "He's got Kirsty, I think he's bringing her here," he whispered, his voice panicked slightly. I gave an inclination of my head gently. "Then she'll be brought here. He won't kill unless you see her," Matt whispered.

Brian nodded but I could feel his reservations rolling off him. We were pissed at the damned vampire, the low growls of us all showed that.

But no one was more pissed off than me right now. I wouldn't put it past Sarah to be terrified of the dark after this. He'd terrorised her so many times now. Plus as angry as Brian was, Kirsty wasn't the one with a hand around her throat and knife against her stomach.

"Let her go," I said, my last word being swallowed by the snarl that ripped through my chest unintentionally. My primal instinct right now was to protect my mate. And I couldn't, not when she wasn't here.

I was volatile right now; one move could set me off.

I was pissed beyond belief at the Ripper, feeding off Sarah's fear and panic, which only fuelled the fire burning inside me. And upon seeing her and knowing that at any moment he could snap her neck and end her life, guilt and sorrow at the fact I'd hurt her, and she would die without us reconciling.

Suddenly Kirsty and another man appeared behind the Ripper. Kirsty's mouth was gagged, her hands bound behind her back. Upon seeing us her eyes showed relief, but then she saw Sarah, and fear hit them.

Brian growled softly, before calling out to her, "Don't worry Kirsty, you'll be fine." The vampire chuckled, his voice rippling through the air and causing our hair to stand on end.

"Oh give it a rest. I'm here to watch you writhe with pain at seeing your lovers die," he snickered. My fists clenched and muscles twitched with the strain of keeping myself together. The inner wolf was straining to be released, to let instinct take over, howling and squirming inside its restraints.

"Let. Them. Go," I hissed at him. He smirked. "Do you like this Zacky? Seeing the girl whose ignored you helpless? Does it hurt you? Does it make you feel helpless?" My eyes burned into his as my jaw clenched.

"No? Well maybe this will," he twisted her arm behind her back, almost breaking out. She cried out in pain and I gave out a pathetic yelp of pain as my own arm burned.

"Zack, ignore it, come on man," Matt whispered. Jimmy and Johnny transformed in front of me, snarling wolves stood at my feet. Within seconds they were upon the man stood against the wall, his gun dropping to the floor with a clatter.

We all watched as they came back, eyeing the Ripper cautiously, blood staining their muzzles. He hadn't moved but smirked, lowering the knife slightly.

He put it down on the floor, and moved over to the gun, picking it up and holding it to his side. My heart jolted slightly.

"Untie Kirsty," he ordered. The man did as he asked and instantly Kirsty punched him, the resounding crack of his nose caused him to scream. Without warning Matt was upon him, ending his life within seconds.

Kirsty ran over to us, and flung her arms round Brian, who hugged her back before moving her behind him.

"Give up, there's only you," Brian stated. He smirked at us, his grip tightening on Sarah. "Well, I most certainly didn't expect you to be so feisty Miss," he snickered at Kirsty. She grimaced in disgust at him, causing me to smirk. But my eyes remained on Sarah.

The fear in them was hurting me so much. This idle talk could kill her.

We began to step forward, knowing that we could take him on easily. But then he stopped us, by holding the gun up at Brian. My eyes widened at this. He smirked.

"Well, I was going to kill Miss Drayton here, but I just realised I could get rid of you easily by doing this," he smiled sadistically at us, causing me to grimace slightly.

His hold on Sarah waning slightly as he concentrated on aiming the gun at Brian. Pulling the trigger back, he cocked it, and our hearts stopped. Kirsty gasped and I saw her hold her hands to her mouth, not wanting to watch what was to happen.

It happened so quickly, none of us knew what exactly had happened. We stood there after the gun had fired, and Brian looked down, confused as to why he wasn't shot.

It wasn't till I gave out a groan and fell to my knees that they realised what had happened. He'd tricked us. Aimed at Brian, yet shot at me.

I heard Sarah screaming and snarls and growls roll throughout the air. I felt myself being pushed over, and looked up into Sarah's beautiful eyes. She was crying hard as she pulled my shirt up over the wound.

"Don't worry Sarah, he'll heal and the bullet will pop right out in a few seconds," Brian called out amidst his fight with the Ripper. Kirsty was next to Sarah, holding my hand as she checked my wound.

The burning racked through my body, and I cried out in pain, tears falling down my face as my body arched.

"BRIAN HE'S NOT HEALING!!!" Sarah screamed out, her voice thick with panic. Brian came over quickly, as did the guys, the Ripper finally dead after a fight. Brian checked the wound and hissed slightly as he touched it.

"Shit, the bullet was silver. He can't heal, it could kill him," he said. Panic wracked my body alongside the pain. I heard Sarah give out a cry before Brian spoke again, "You have to get the bullet out, you've got to try." Within seconds I felt her fingers in my stomach, digging for the bullet.

I cried out again, the pain so intense, it felt like my blood was on fire.

"I can't find it Brian," she whimpered out. Still, her fingers searched. Her other hand stroked my hair as she kissed my forehead softly. "I'm sorry Zacky, I'm sorry I ignored you, I'm sorry I didn't listen. I love you, please don't die, please, don't leave me," she called out.

Her emotional pain hit me heart hard, and my body was giving up, it couldn't handle the pain. I was now howling, my voice given over to the wolf inside. My howls where full of pain and anguish.

The final words I heard before I gave into the darkness were my love's. Her words echoing inside my mind. "I love you Zacky."
♠ ♠ ♠
So big thank you to everyone who has read this, even if you didn't comment we still appreciate it :]]

We are currently writing a sequal called Butterflies and Hurricanes which will be up soon as. If you want a heads up, just let us know and I'll message you when the first chapter is up.

As I said, thank you so much for reading this.

Much love,
Kirsty & Sarah
xxxx

Originally posted on Quizilla:
2nd September 2007