On Thin Lines

Pilot

Ryan and I have been married for four months and you can say that this isn't the smoothest marriage ever. One thing everyone knows about me is that I am a workaholic and that is not the cool.

Well, I am the daughter of the CEO of a multi-million company while Ryan is the son of the CEO of a multi-trillion company. The funny thing is that he is far from being a workaholic and one would think we got married through an arranged marriage or something but it was love.

Ryan and I met three years ago and a charity function and it hit off from there with the occasional off and on relationship but we fought through and finally got married. I wanted to work in my father's software company because I loved working. Yes, I love working and I never saw myself as the type of girl who would ever settle down but Ryan was the game changer.

Two months after we got married, my workaholic self resumed and this put Ryan off in so many ways. "I don't get it, today is Saturday and you want to go to work?" Ryan asked as he sat up from bed while I dressed up.

I turned to him, "I know, it's just that some investors are com-"

"And your presence is a must?" he asked as he glared at me. "I mean, we barely see each other and we are married and sleep in the same house on the same bed not to talk of the fact you won't even make love to me."

I turned around and raised an eyebrow, "What are you talking about, I've made love to you."

"Yes, two months ago. On our honeymoon." he said bluntly.

I sighed, "Ryan, do you want me to miss this and just stay here and stare at you all day?"

He nodded, "As a matter of fact, I do."

I rolled my eyes and resumed applying my eye shadow. "It won't be fair, you know."

"For God's sake Diane, we both know you can take a year off and still get paid. What about me, I work but I always have time for you. It's like we aren't even married."

I would be lying if I said this is the first time this is happening and I'll also be lying if I said that this is the tenth time this is happening. It has happened a lot of times and my own father has told me to calm down but I just can't.

I looked up at Ryan, "I promise, I won't spend much time there."

He grunted, stood up and left the room, "You know what, just stay there and fucking get married to your job."

**

My secretary and one of my closest friends, Susan, saw me walk through the office and eyed me, "Really Diane, it's a Saturday."

I ignored her and walked into the board room and apologized for being late and went on with business.

After the meeting was done, my dad called me aside, "I thought I told you not to come to work today. You're going to ruin your marriage if this continues, you're just twenty-two for crying out loud. I don't even behave like you do."

I rolled my eyes, "It's okay dad, I'm going home now. I promised Ryan I would be home early." He sighed and kissed my forehead and we said our goodbyes. I saw Susan and smiled at her, "I have to go, don't want to keep the husband waiting." She rolled her eyes at me and smiled.

One thing people may find hard to believe is that I love Ryan with my whole soul and I would do anything for him. That's just the way it is.

**

I got home, "Ryan!" I yelled but got no response. I kept yelling his name but he didn't answer. I went out to the garage and found that one of his cars were not there so I assumed he was out. The house phone rang and I picked it up, "Hello?"

"Diane?" Mum.

"Hello mother, how are you?" My mum is nothing like me. Final, Well, I am closer to my dad than my mum but that doesn't mean mum and I don't get along. She just doesn't support my work ways.

"Someone delivery person called looking for you, apparently she doesn't have your number so I'll send the number to you. How is Ryan?"

I know what that question meant. How is Ryan putting up with your shit?

"He's fine mum." I sighed.

"Okay, whatever you say so I'll send you the number. Love you and Ryan."

When the line went dead was when I realised she didn't have my number so she was probably going to send it to Ryan's phone. I went into the kitchen to get some salad but I heard a beep and noticed Ryan's phone on the couch.

Did he forget his phone?

I picked it up and went to messages to get the number but something else caught my eye.

I would love to see you tonight again. - Rachel.

My eyes widened and I scrolled down to see the messages from this so called Rachel.

Is your wife going to be home tonight? -Rachel.

You left your ring at my house or rather on my bed. ;) - Rachel/

That was all I needed before the phone fell from my hand and I slid to the floor in tears.

He's cheating on me.

Ryan is cheating on me.

My husband is cheating on me.

It's all my fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a test chapter.

Comment and I'll continue.