You Were Always Born a Crime...

And All The Things That You Never Ever Told Me...

After I finally opened up to Mikey, it seemed like he was way more understanding about things. I made him promise taht he wouldn't tell anybody, which wasn't that hard to do. He was just... okay with it.

As predictable as it may have seemed, we got more and more close. Dating wise, I mean.

Surprisingly, Mrs. Way (whose name is Donna, I came to find out) was really okay with me staying at the Way's house. As odd as it may have seemed, it was practically living there now.

I had no intentions of going back to my mom's house... Until today...

There was a knock on the front door, which was answered by Gerard.

It was the police.

"Is this the Way residence?" the officer asked.

Gerard nodded. "What can I help you with?"

The officer looked over Gerard's shoulder a little bit. "Is there a Ryli Patten that here?"

I stepped up. "Yes, is something wrong?"

"You're gonna need to come with us."

I turned to Mikey, worried expression and all. "I guess I have to leave."

Mikey frowned a little.

I sighed. "Don't worried, I'll try to be back as soon as possible." I pulled Mikey into a hug, giving him a quick kiss, then walked out to the police car with the officer.

"Well Ryli," the officer started as soon as we got into the car. "I've got some bad news for you."

I nodded for him to go on.

He sighed. "Your mother was found dead yesterday. Overdosed on heroin."

I stared blankly at him. No surprise. I wasn't that shocked. I always had the feeling that was how she was going to go down.

"And you to go back and gather your belongings and the things your mother left behind in her will."

I nodded, looking out the window at the Way's house.

I just hoped that I would be able to come back here...

***********************************

I hated just stepping in to that old apartment. It was soaked with bad memories and the smell of alcohal.

I went straight to my old room and found the stuff that I wanted to keep. My clothes. My cassettes. My makeup. All the good stuff.

After I was all packed and ready, I looked around this old smelling apartment. I would say that I'd miss it, but that would be the biggest lie I've ever told...

~Back At The Way's House~

Mrs. Way greeted my at the door with a huge hug. "Oh sweetie, the officers told me all about it," -I felt a glare of hatred towards that certain police officer- "and I just want you to know that you can stay as long as you need to!"

"Thanks Donna," I replied almost unemotionally. "I'd really like that."

Mrs. Way gave me a sincere smile, then patted me on the shoulder, leaving me to talk with Mikey and Gerard.

"So..." Mikey sighed, shoving his hands in his pocket. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You sure?" Gerard asked, giving me a worried look.

"Yes Gerard, I'm fine."

"So..." Mikey started in again. "I guess you can either stay in the guest room, or in my room like you've been doing."

Gerard 'ooh'ed at us, making Mikey and I roll our eyes at him.

"Gerard, please," Mikey said. "sometimes you act like you're the little brother...