The Cruise

Drama Boarding!

The ship sailed off into the vast ocean blue. It was the Smooth Sailing teen cruise. Screaming and shouting excited teens flooded the main floor of the ship, carrying bags and texting friends and family from home, all of them were excited to have a taste of freedom on that ship for the next month.
Allie Steinbach was not texting, not being loud or showing any means of excitement. She was reading a book in complete silence as she dragged her bag across the floor. She pushed her glasses up the ridge of her nose with her scrawny forefinger. She obviously wasn’t paying attention to where she was going, when she crashed into something and fell.
“Watch where you’re going!” a voice shouted as Allie scurried to pick up her things. She searched the floor with her hands, in good hopes to find her circular glasses. The voice didn’t stop talking.
“Do you know who I am? I’m Ruta Ulcinaite! Why am I asking someone like you such an obvious question? Of course you know me! Who doesn’t?” Allie found her glasses and picked them up. She adjusted them as she slid them onto her freckled face. She looked up at Ruta.
“ I am being honest when I say we have never met, nor have I heard of you from the social media. What is your name again? Rutt...ah?” Allie asked in her usual nasally voice. Ruta was outraged.
“Do you live in a cave? I am Ruta Ulcinate. Singer, superstar. My hit single Forever Yours is number three on the charts in Lithuania!” She exclaimed, her voice was in a cocky and to confident tone.
“I do not live in any sort of cave, Ruta. I live in a townhouse in Massachusetts. Do you suppose I have not heard of your name because I am not a music fanatic living in middle to Western Europe? Did you know that Lithuania is one of the least populated countries in Europe? Fascinating isn’t it?” Allie loved dishing out geography trivia. Ruta stomped her foot and walked off in a cocky fashion with a final harrumph.
Meanwhile, Jake Bills boarded the cruise ship, carrying bags in one hand and a football in the other. He ran across the main floor tossing it up in the air, and then catching it once again. “Yeah! Go Badgers!” He shouted at every other person he passed by. He tossed the football across the room when someone caught it. Jake ran to go retrieve his football.
“I think this is yours” Said a tall average looking dark haired boy. He tossed it back to buff jock Jake. Jake intercepted it.
“Nice Catch man.” Jake replied. The boy smiled and reached his hand out for a handshake.
“Connor” he introduced himself. Jake clutched the open palm.
“Yo, I’m Jake” He said. Connor pulled his hand away after the hearty greeting.
“Nice grip man” He said. Jake chuckled.
“I gotta get goin” Jake replied. “Have an awesome cruise” Connor made one quick nod of the head back to Jake in return.
“You too man” both of the boys left. Paige approached the front desk where Déjà happened to be standing. Déjà was texting like almost all of the other girls on the ship. Paige wasn’t. She wore all black and thick dark eye makeup and on her pants. The spiked color necklace around her pale white neck intimidated many people on the ship; she had much space between herself and the other passengers. When she approached pretty, Abercrombie and Fitch wearing Déjà, oddly she just stood there.
“Where is the person who gives out room numbers?” Paige asked Déjà. Déjà seemed to ignore her. Paige asked again, still no reply.
“Why aren’t you saying anything to me?” Paige asked. Déjà slammed her phone down onto the front desk.
“Don’t talk to me” she said. Paige was surprised at the nerve of this girl.
“I don’t like your attitude” Paige exclaimed. People on the ship began to look towards them. Déjà smirked.
“And I don’t like your ugly dog collar, so were even” She replied. Guys started cheering Déjà on. Paige became furious.
“Look, I don’t want a fight” She told Déjà. Her mom always had told her to be the better person.
“I do” Déjà shot back, shoving her back into a shiny, silver elevator door. Guys began to start cheering wildly at that point. Paige was too humiliated to stand back up. All she could get herself to do is sit there and watch the room of teenagers laugh at her misery. The elevator door opened up behind her, and she feel in. The room went crazy.
Paige stood up and ran away from all of the people. Realizing she still didn’t know her room number, she considered going back to the main floor. But the thought of it mortified her. She sat down in the middle of the hallway. A tear feel to her pale white cheek. She flashed back to the last time she cried. Her memory haunted her like a spirit. For some reason, the picture of that day never could get out of her head. And se didn’t think it would ever leave her alone ever again. It would be stuck there until the day she died.