Status: Writing :D

How He Saved a Life

I'll Keep a Secret, If you Keep Me Guessing

Jack

Everyone was still speechless five minutes after she’d told us the secret. The secret that had been tearing ever last molecule of life from her beating heart. I felt sick. All I wanted to do was beat the fuck out of the sick people that had done this to anyone, not just her.
“Who were they?” Anger had influenced me to break the silence; I didn’t want her to feel that we were in any way ashamed of her. That was the last of our opinions right now; I didn’t even feel a glimmer of that feeling inside me. All I saw was a weak individual who was taken advantage of.
A feeling I knew all too well.

Ellie

They actually cared.
I thought that they would just tell me everything was ok, but no. They actually wanted to know who had done this to me.
This is why I love this band.

Jack

My question hadn’t sparked a reply, but who could blame her. I don’t have the strength to even think of the people that had hurt me. To be honest, it burns my brain to even remember their initials.
I had learnt by myself to keep a straight face, I needed to teach her how to do the same. However, this was one thing I couldn’t do with the guys around, as they didn’t even know what had cast a shadow over my childhood. There had to be a way to get her alone…
“Come on sweetie, I’ll take you outside so you can have a breath of fresh air. It smells like a brothel in here – no offence guys.” They all mouthed ‘none taken’ as I took her sweaty hand. Like a puppet she followed my every move without a single word.
Raindrops painted our dry bodies as we stepped into the cool breeze. That felt better, now I could talk to her.
“You need to tell us who done this so we can call the police,” I ordered her as we approached a nearby bench that was protected from the rain. She didn’t speak the entire time we were walking, and I didn’t expect her to have done. To make her feel better, I changed the subject. That’s what made me feel better.
“What’s your name?” I casually asked her as I wrapped my jacket around her. The fingers between mine that were previously oven hot were ice cold, she needed a blanket to warm her frozen heart.
“Ellie…” She whispered as she submerged herself into my jacket, proving my previous theory. The sudden field of warmth that surrounded her made her body glow – she really was drop dead gorgeous.

Ellie

Jack was acting strangely comforting to me. I’d expected Alex to be the one that sympathised the most with me because he was the one that came out with the inspiring quotes and amazing poems… while Jack, he was the immature one. There was something strange about how he was acting, something not quite right.
He was acting like a mirror image of me. It was as if he knew how I was feeling… but how? I needed to find out.
“I would ask you for your name, but I already know that,” I joked to him to try and make him feel the safety that I was feeling right now. The smile that filled his ageless face gave me the feeling that I had just achieved that.
“Well is there anything about me that you want to know?” His smile soon turned to a grin when he turned his head to face me, he was playing along with my little joke. I’d never realised how heart-warming that smirk was before, it filled me with hope. More hope than Alex’s had ever done.
I had fallen in love with his smile.

Jack

Finally she was opening up to me. Perhaps I will eventually get her to explain to me what happened so I can kick those criminals asses that did that to her. I was feeling stronger than ever… until she next spoke.
“Who hurt you Jack?” Literally, my mouth opened in complete shock. It was as if she’d had a key to my heart the entire time and had only just decided to take a look inside it. She’d uncovered the layers of happiness that I had surrounded it with, unstitched the delicate knots I had written into it until she had discovered the dark void that was left of it.
That dark void had been hidden for so many years.
And one little girl had managed to reveal it.

Ellie

The way he looked to the ground made me realise what I had just done. He had just released memories that he had been hiding far longer than I had been hiding mine, and that had broken him. His face turned blank as his eyes diverted to the floor.
He was no longer the fun, carefree, loving guitarist of All Time Low.
He was a victim.
He was me.