Status: Writing :D

How He Saved a Life

So Wrong its Right

Jack

We both walked back into the truck hand in hand, not even expecting the sight that we’d see when we entered.
Every male on that van had red eyes. Nobody had moved in the space of time that we were away either, the only movement in the room was created by breathing. They were all bewildered by our casual smiling; it was as if we’d just walked into a morgue from a strip club.
“Come on guys cheer up, Ellie’s promised to come to the O2 with us!” I said enthusiastically to try and cheer up the guys, “ROADTRIP!” Ellie began clapping behind me, whist the boys remained silent.
For some reason I couldn’t be sad in that current moment. Love had made me weightless, just like Alex had sung before.

Ellie

I didn’t want the guys to be sad.
They couldn’t be in this state when they performed this evening. The only way I could resolve this was leaving.
“I’ve got to go!” My voice managed to croak before I sprinted out of the van into the chilling autumn wind. A piercing pain shot through my gut as I raced but I didn’t care, I needed to get away so I didn’t spoil their evening.
In my impulsive rush, I didn’t even realise the footsteps that were creeping up behind me.

Jack

She can’t leave. Not now. Not with these butterflies tearing apart my heart.
It wasn’t difficult to catch her. For some reason she was running extremely slowly. Thankfully I reached her as she collapsed to the ground.
“Ellie! What the fuck are you doing? You can’t run in your current state come back with me,” I fought through tears as I returned her body to my arms where it belonged. Inside she was dying as she buried her head into my chest.
“I’m bleeding!” Suddenly she screamed as she pulled her head away from my heart. For a moment I stared at her, wondering what on earth she was talking about.
Then it snapped.

Ellie

Every cell in my body was screeching in pain as I writhed in Jack’s arms. He swiftly ripped out his mobile and called the ambulance, worry infecting his gorgeous face the entire time.
Nobody had ever been this concerned about me before. Not since my parents had died.
He was so sweet.
But why would he be interested in a girl like me?

Jack

A 16 year old girl was losing a baby in my arms and I didn’t know what to do. I wish I had listened during Biology at school, perhaps I’d be in a better state.
Wondering where we’d both gotten to, Alex stepped outside of the van trying not to reveal the fact that he was still broken by the story. When he noticed us in a puddle on the floor he stepped back inside.
He knew that it was my turn to handle things.
I needed to reveal my maturity.

Ellie

The next few hours were a sea of red lights, siren sounds and Jack.
His presence didn’t disintegrate for a moment. It felt good to be wanted for a change.
It wasn’t until later that evening that my mind had suddenly settled. The room that I regained consciousness in was a pale cream colour with caramel stained walls, the only colourful thing in the room was the figure that was sitting beside me.

Jack

“You’re awake!” I gasped as the woman I’d fallen for began to elegantly open her hazel eyes. Confused she gazed around the room in a daze, until she came across my face. Whist keeping her eyes locked on mine, she blinked for a couple of seconds. It was as if she didn’t believe I was there.
Why would I have left her in that state?
“Don’t worry Ellie, you’re not dreaming.” My grip on her hand tightened as I informed her that this was still reality. “They managed to save the baby,” I immediately said afterwards in case she was concerned about the state of her baby.

Ellie

It was still alive.
My heart sank.
I’d deliberately run so the dreaded thing would die.

Jack

When I saw the fear that tore into her perfect face I lost control of my body.
Impulsively I cupped her face and pulled it closer to mine until I could feel the sweet scent of her breath tickling my nose.
“I’m not going to let you do this alone,” Gently I whispered to her as I pulled her face into mine.
We shared a kiss for almost a minute. It wasn’t until reality had settled in that I realised what situation I was in.
I was in love with someone seven years younger than me. Fuck!
Was I now a paedophile?