Status: Writing :D

How He Saved a Life

I'm ALWAYS Telling Lies, Does That Make Me a Liar?

Ellie

After Alex had updated me on the situation, I felt slightly better. I was so proud of Jack for having the strength to explain to Alex what he really meant to him. All I needed to do was find the strength to do so myself.
Even though I loved Jack, it was still Alex that led me to the band in the first place. It was him that made me feel numb when I didn’t even acknowledge Jack’s existence.
Distracting me from my trail of thought, Jack surrounded me in his arms and picked me up. Without realising I screamed in pain. A look of guilt shot across his face, he’d thought I was yelling because he’d just hurt the baby.
I’d already done that myself though.
“Sorry…” He whispered as he took my hand to help me back into the van. I remained silent. There was no way I was going to lie to him.

Jack

Shit. I’d just hurt the baby. I hope she isn’t angry with me. She doesn’t look it but I suppose that’s just to make me feel better. Seriously, I don’t think I’m ready for this.
Being a step dad is going to be dirty work. No pun intended.
Wait.
Shouldn’t we call her parents?
“Hey Ellie,” I swiftly asked her soon after that thought had entered my mind. To answer me she nodded her head, waiting for me to speak. “Shouldn’t we tell your parents where you are? I’m sure they’re worried.”
Her response was looking at me blankly.

Ellie

Why did he have to mention them?
“Umm…” I mumbled trying to force the words out and explain to him why I couldn’t tell them. It was no use, I couldn’t speak.
I was already crying.
My parents died a year ago. That was the reason why I was living with my 25 year old sister in the first place; she’d taken me in when they died. She was the only one that wanted me. All our other relatives had disowned our family when my mother got pregnant at 16 with dad. The lovely thing was that they were together until the end…
The very end.

Jack

Ellie’s emotion had completely changed again. Now she looked more upset than ever. Was it something I said?
Oh fuck, is there something she’s hiding about her parents as well? How comes the most amazing of people are given the most shit circumstances. She does not deserve this.
No wonder I’m an atheist.

Ellie

The look on Jack’s face told me he knew and that I didn’t need to explain. Although we’d only known each other mere hours, it seemed that I was cellophane to him. He could see through my body, directly into my frost bitten heart.
It felt good to be understood. It felt good to be cared for.
“Jack I don’t know what to do,” I buried myself into his body as the driver put the tour bus into gear, leading us to our next destination. The concert last night may have been cancelled, but there was still another one waiting. There always was for a band. Nothing was waiting for me; just a fountain of despair.
“What do you mean?” When he looked at me I got lost in his caramel eyes, they were full of so much hurt and pain. He genuinely was concerned for me, I need to finish my story, not all of the truth had been revealed yet.
“I have no where to go. After… the event… I disowned my sister. For the past few weeks I’ve been living on my own in an abandoned flat having just my £500 monthly wage to help me. My life is pitiful!” I erupted from my chest, sadness overwhelming my body again. Further I buried my head into Jack’s bust, only wanting to feel his warmth against my cold being again.
It wasn’t working. Woebegone was winning.

Jack

The next few sentences exploded from my mouth without a second thought.
“You can come live with me back in America. There is no way I’m leaving you here, all alone with no one to turn to when you needed help. That child needs a place to stay, I’ll give it to you. There is no denying it anymore, I fucking love you Ellie-“ I couldn’t finish my sentence, due to the fact that her lips were already suffocating mine.
There was so much passion in that kiss. No one had ever kissed me in that way before. In disbelief the boys were just staring at us with anxious smiles on their faces. Not even my best friends were sure on this, but I knew one thing.
I was.

Ellie

He loves me.
He loves me.
He seriously loves me.
The same thing kept on circling my mind as I kissed him. Butterflies were fluttering inside my gut, tickling all of my vital organs, telling me that I was going to be happy.
“Jack, I accept your offer.” Was all I could say when I finally detached my lips from his. For minutes we just sat there gazing into each other’s eyes. My ocean blue sapphires were staring aimless into his chocolate brown diamonds.
He was my rock. I was his jewel.
All that was coming for us was happiness. At least that was what I thought until I remembered what I had just done. The now dominant pain in my gut was mocking Jack as he was lost in thought about his new found fairytale. My refusal to tell the truth had lead him to create a world of make believe. What was he going to do when he found out?
He was no longer going to love me.
He was going to hate me.
His baby was dead.