She Can't Do It Alone

She Dreams Of ***

I laid my hand on my cell phone, checking the clock to the right of my vision. A groan left my parted lips as I ran a hand through my long, frizzy hair. I checked the clock once more before I opened my phone and read the very last message I sent.

Help.

I sent it an hour ago. She ignored me, she always does.

I stood from my seat, scooting it back as it made that horrid noise nobody could stand. At least I couldn't, I wasn't sure about the rest of the people. Not that I cared, I preferred dead people. Less talking, but can tell me a great deal of things nobody else in the world could.

"Stupido mamma cazzo ..." I muttered under my breath as I walked out of the classroom and down the long hallway. That morning it hadn't seemed so long, but now as I was by myself it had.

I walked into the cafe only to realize I hadn't been as alone as I thought I'd been. A young girl sat in the corner, playing with something in her hands. I smiled gently and walked over to her. Her blonde hair falling in front of her face, causing it impossible to see her face.

"Hey there," I smiled, squatted down beside her chair. Her blue and green dotted leggings stopped moving as she tilted her head, looking side-ways at me. My eyebrows formed together and my lip moved in between my teeth. "Are you okay?" I finally asked. She continued to stare at me.

She coughed and went back to playing with her small doll. Taking a closer look, I realized it had been a voo-doo doll. This time I tilted my head, trying to get a better look at it.

"Why are you staring?" She asked, her voice sweet and innocent. I jumped, causing me to lose my balance and fall flat on my ass.

I stuttered a little before finally getting out, "S-sorry. I didn't mean.."

I stood up and dusted off my jeans. A wave to her and I was gone. Rushing down the hallways until I came to a door. Locked. I should have known. I pushed a little harder, clearlu thinking I had these super powers that could make me slide through the door crack.

I bit my lip and looked over my shoulder. I heard singing, the little girl. She was singing something I was all too familiar with.

"One, two, Freddy's coming for you.. Three, four, better lock the door.."

I screamed and slide down the door, hoping I would fall through. She got closer, and louder. I heard laughing over her voice, a male laugh.

I screamed louder and opened my eyes. I looked around to see the whole class staring at me like they'd seen a ghost.

I bit my lip, and tried to duck under my desk. Dream. It was only a dream..

"Quel est le problème avec vous?" My french teacher, Mrs. Luise, asked. Meaning, What is wrong with you?

"I-I'm sorry, ma'am." I gulped. I got up, grabbing my notebooks and my bag before racing out of the class.

I've been having dreams. Weird dreams. Dreams I could talk to the dead, dreams of Freddy Kreuger and Jason Voorhees. Even dreams of other horror movie wonders. My mom had thrown me into insane asylums before, trying to figure out what was wrong with me. I would watch a movie like Friday The 13th, then go to sleep and have a dream Jason kidnapped me, then continue on to tell her I wanted to solve murder cases.

It's happened since I was little. Possibly six or seven, but she swears it was before that. She even said I used to talk to people, people who weren't there. People whom nobody else could see, but all too real to be just a part of my own mind.

I walked outside and over to my Jeep. I got in and almost slammed the door before starting it up, and backing up. I drive as fast as I could home. I needed to talk to somebody, and I needed to talk to them now.