She Can't Do It Alone

Decisions, Decisions

Spencer Reid pecked my lips before he crawled out of bed and slipped the hotel robe around his naked body. I still lay there, covered up by the blanket. 

Last night was a very happy night for all of us. They had finally caught the bad guys, and Hotchner and Ashley actually kissed in front of everybody. It left everybody else a shock, though I already knew. 

Spencer Reid confessed he was falling in love with a little girl from a small town, and one whom gets in trouble a lot, to the team. They weren't as shocked as the whole Ashley slash Hotchner thing, but they were happy for us. 

I yawned and stood up from the bed. Spencer was checking his phone for missed calls or texts. I walked over behind him and wrapped my arms around his torso. "What's today's plan, Doc?"

"Well, I believe today is the day we leave." His voice vibrated his chest. I let my hands rest there and sighed. 

"Great," I frowned. 

He turned around and kissed my cheek. "You are still allowed to come with us, Cory."

"I need to stay here. I want to find out about my real mom." I pointed out. The police caught my fake mom last night and took her to the station for questioning. I had no intention on going over there to see her. I wanted to stay as far away as possible.

We stood there as he swayed us. Finally he spoke again. "If I'm not mistaken, I believe Ms. Tanner is coming along. Jack wants her to." 

"That's her choice. I can't make my own choices based off of others, Spence." I pointed out.

Spencer sighed and rested his head on mine. He continued to sway us in the silence. I could almost hear classical music in the background as we did. I wasn't sure how that was all he listened to, but that was just Spencer Reid for you. 

••••••••••

Spencer took my hand and gently kissed my knuckle. "I will miss you, Cory Vega." He bowed to me before being pulled up by Morgan.

"This is all very sweet, but we have a plane to catch." Derek walked over and have me a hug. His muscles moving on my skin as he did so.

"Thank you, Agent Morgan." I smiled. 

"No need for that. It's Derek." He smiled. 

We all said our goodbyes. Jack, Ashley and I started crying during our hug together. We knew one day we would be together again, but not soon enough. And the man I would miss most would be Spencer. 

"You know.. Garcia would be able to help you a lot more." Emily said as she walked back off the jet. 

I nodded. "Possibly. But I think I should do this alone." 

"You can't do this alone. It may prove to be too dangerous. Come with us. We are all going to miss you." Emily smiled. 

"But.. I don't even have any clothes." I stated. 

Emily laughed. "We will buy you new clothes. We can even try and get you a spot on the team. Maybe a small one, but didn't you say you wanted to solve crimes?" 

"How? I'm too young!" 

"We have our ways." She winked.

"Prentiss!" Rossi called from the door. 

Emily waved him away and stared at me. I bit my lip and thought quickly. This would help me. I mean, I'd get to experience so many different things. I could meet Garcia and we could search for my mother. I could have Spencer, Jack and Ashley right there. 

I looked up at Emily, then at an impatient Rossi. "I'll come." I smiled. 

Emily smiled and led me onto the plane. She was right, I couldn't do it alone. I needed others around me. I needed a computer geek such as Garcia to help me, I needed a genius like Spencer to think. And I needed the rest if the team to be there for me as well.

Chattering could be heard inside. I heard Jack and JJ laughing at something, Morgan talking to Hotchner, and Emily explaining to Rossi that I was joining in.

I walked over to all the seats. Jack saw me and grinned. He ran over and hugged me. "I knew you wouldn't leave us!" 

"I couldn't leave my favorite people." I smiled and messed with his hair. 

Ashley squealed and jumped on me, causing us to fall to the floor in her excitement. 

"Welcome back." Morgan chuckled. 

"Where is Spencer?" I asked, looking around. 

JJ pointed towards the back. "In there. He went straight back there."

"Reid! Hurry it up in there!" Morgan called. 

I sat down on one if the seats close to the back. Ashley sat in front of me, and Jack jumped on her lap. 

I smirked. "If you and Hotch get married, he will be your son."

She blushed. "Shush!" 

I laughed as the door opened and Spencer came walking out. He had to double take when he looked at me and said, "Cory?"

I jumped up and hugged him. "You can thank Emily." I whispered in his ear.

Spencer grinned and hugged me tightly as he fell on one of the seats and keeping a tight grip on me. "I will never let go." He whispered back.