She Can't Do It Alone

She Looks Into The Mirror

Ashley and I walked back into the office, realizing it was way too quiet for them. It was normally either filled with laughing, or talking seriously. This was dead, and I wasn't sure if I was liking it.

"Hello?" Ashley called. We walked up the stairs and to Hotch's office. She peaked in and shrugged her shoulders. "He isn't here.

"Where are they?" I asked, looking around. I was playing with my hair. I loved how it had turned out, and I loved how our costumes turned out. We were blending in, and I loved it.

We walked back down the steps and sat down. I, in Reid's chair and Ashley in Morgan's. Finally, we heard a door open and then close. Emily and JJ walked over and stopped once they saw us. "Uh," JJ looked at Emily who nodded. JJ walked back in the hallway. Emily walked over to us, a serious look on her face.

"Did you two have fun? Find anything out?" She asked, sitting on Morgan's desk beside Ashley.

Ashley shrugged. "Didn't find out anything about the case. But, uh, I think Cory had fun." She pointed to me in which Emily nodded.

"We heard." She sighed.

Suddenly, I felt all color drain from my face. I completely froze in fear, and worry. "Who-who heard?" I asked, my voice squeaking. I was terrified to know the truth.

She looked down the hall and back at me. I felt horrible, knowing the truth now. "Reid and Morgan were listening in on your ear piece. JJ and Garcia were listening in on Ashley's, and the rest of us were moving back and forth."

I started to chew on my lip. My heart sinking to the floor. "And Spencer.. he, uh.." Emily nodded. Tears rushed to my eyes. I had made a huge mistake. I let myself get way too into my character and hurt the man I love. And he heard everything. I could picture him sitting there, having to listen to everything that was said, the sound of our lips touching, and the comment he made. What if that guy knew I was wearing an ear piece? Maybe that's why he made a comment.. No, no. He couldn't.. could he?

I started to shake a little as Emily stood up. "I know how it is. Getting too caught up in something. But, Cory, you have to control it. Maybe you aren't ready to be on the team yet." She shrugged a little. A few tears left my eyes as I looked up in time to see her start walking away. I looked down and over at Ashley who was taking off her hair piece.

"Don't look at me, Cory. It's not my fault. But I have something to say-" She stood up and threw the head piece in her chair. "Maybe you aren't so in love with Reid as you claim to be. Not if you are starting to fall in love with a guy you barely know." And with that, she followed Emily. I sat there, feeling horrible. Feeling as if my heart were being ripped out.

The sat part was, she was right. I felt like I were falling in love with this vampire guy. And I didn't even know his name...

-------------

I went home with Ashley last night. She said I could stay with her since there was no sign of Spencer leaving that room until I was gone. From the sounds of it, he was pretty upset. Ashley was almost in tears by the time she came back out and told me I was going home with her. I couldn't stand it. I wanted to tell him how sorry I was, but Ashley had a point. What if I wasn't so in love with Reid? What if.. What if it was just this one crush that I would soon get over? No, that couldn't be it. I did love Spencer. It was a moment of weakness that took over me in that club.

I sat on Ashley's couch and stared at the blank tv, taking in everything that had happened in the last 24 hours. I couldn't understand what had come over me in that one spit second that made me say yes to that creep. I could barely remember what he looked like, or maybe that was just the wine talking.

Ashley walked over and handed me a cup of coffee. I thanked her and took a sip from the steaming cup. She sat in a chair and turned on the tv. I wasn't listening to the show she was watching. I could only see their lips moving. Everything else was more of a slurring.

I looked over at her. Her face seemed different. She always seemed more of a little kid to me, until now. Now, she looked more adult. The kid that didn't understand why little kids acted the way they did. I felt horrible. I felt like everybody was completely pissed off at me for one little thing.

But is this how I would act if it were one of them? What if it happened to Ashley? Would I shut her out? Or Reid.. Yeah, I'd be upset with him. But would I really not want to see him? Would I not want to hear him explain himself? But Reid wouldn't. He couldn't. He seemed like the type to be too worried about kissing another girl. But Ashley.. I knew she wouldn't, either. But I wouldn't just shut her out. I'd talk to her. I wouldn't be this pissed at her, that's for sure.

I opened my mouth to speak to her, but no words came out. Only what sounded like a soft groan. She even ignored this and continued to watch the two woman on the screen talking about something obviously scary to them. I bit my lip and stared at the cup in my hands. I didn't know what to say, anyway. What did you say to somebody that ignored you?

I sighed and stood up. I set the cup on the coffee table and walked into the bathroom, closing the door and looking into the mirror. Whom I saw wasn't me. I would never just go out and kiss some random guy. Maybe I would.. People change. But not this quick, right?

I remember how I felt last night. I felt that I belonged there. It felt like home. There was a piece inside me that was missing, and that club was filling it. Maybe this was just a phase. But to make sure, I had to go back. Tonight.