She Can't Do It Alone

Tacos Solve Everything

I chewed on my bottom lip, causing myself to pull the skin right off. My lips were my worst feature, all because of my bitting habits I hadn't outgrown. People hated it, I guessed that's why I still did it. I liked getting under peoples skin, seeing how they really were. I liked pushing peoples minds to see if they'd really hurt me as they say they will. But tonight, tonight it went a little too far.

I stared at the body before me. The dead female laying with her arms across her chest. I sat there, in a corner as the older humans walked around her.

I had the worst luck. Tonight, I ran into a gang. They told me they'd rip my skin off, peeling it before I could have a chance to die. But, of course, I had to make the first move. I stabbed one of their gang members right through the heart, and not realizing I had. They were too shocked, too scared to do anything.

Another held a gun to her head and shot herself and her friend. Both of them fell to the floor. Two people dead before my eyes. One caused mainly from me.

I heard a door being kicked in down the hall. The other members of the gang jumping out of the window, the ones remaining dead on the ground not moving. They were sound asleep, never again able to walk this earth. At least not in these bodies.

"FBI!" I heard somebody shout outside the door. I curled into a ball and put my hands over my face. A little piece of me hoping I'd grow invisible before they got a chance to notice the little girl, scared in the corner. But this wasn't going to happen, was it?

Another voice called the same thing before they kicked this door in, and several people rushed in. They rushed around the body, flashlights shining over them.

"Oh god.." A female voice sounded grossed out. I saw high heeled shoes standing there. Lovely time to wear them, I guessed.

"It seems to be a murder suicide.." A different male voice this time. "Look, I mean, there's the gun." I heard a sound like he'd just kicked the gun. Don't move evidence..

I pair of feet walked over to me. "Hey, are you okay?"

I looked up the tall figure. The geeky look working for him, but right now, I didn't care at all what he was wearing. I wanted out of here. I shook my head, pointing to the bodies.

He looked where I pointed, then back at me. "You saw it happen?" He asked. I nodded. "Were you apart of it?"

I bit my lip. "It was self defense.. they were coming at me.." I muttered.

The female in high heel shoes bent down beside me. "Why? Were you friends? Cross paths?" She asked.

"I was just walking. Trying to go home, and they grabbed me and drug me in here. I had a knife out and ready, but I didn't want to use it. I don't like killing people, I just like them after they're dead." I cried.

The guy picked me up gently, as if he thought he'd break me and held me close to his warm body. "It's okay." He tried to calm me, and it worked. People usually couldn't do this.

"Do you mind us taking you to the police station for questioning?" Another man asked. "I know you're scared. We won't hurt you. My name is Morgan." He smiled. "Derek Morgan."

"Yeah, and I'm Dr, Reid." The guy holding me smiled.

"Guys, giving out your names isn't helping right now." An older man said, still watching the bodies.

The lady laughed. "Right now she's the only one that can help us. I think we should be a little nice to this one."

My heart pounded. To this one? What happened to the other people they found?

Dr. Reid picked me up, holding me as if I were his bride or baby, and carried me outside. I held on, not wanting to make any of them mad. He slid me into a car and buckled me up, then got beside me and did the same to him.

"We just want to ask you a few questions, miss. He smiled."

"Cory," I said.

"Excuse--"

"Cory. That's my name. Cory Vega." I said, watching out the window. The guy and girl I just saw die ran in front of my sight. I blinked hard, making sure I was just seeing things. They stood with their faces pressed against the window this time, smirking at me. Pointing to the guy beside me, and to the window of the room we were just in. Making fun of me, that's what it was. I sighed and put my hands on my face.

Once we were at the police station, and this Reid, and Morgan and I were in a room alone, they started asking me questions. Who were they, why did they do it, if I knew about any other killings they've done. I said no, because I didn't know. But apparently they knew. Apparently this gang had been kidnapping alot of people, and forcing them to kill themselves. I was just a lucky one. Possibly the smart one.

After Reid and Morgan left, I sat there alone. A small cup of water sitting to my left, another cup of coffee sitting to my right. I wanted the coffee, badly. Being one in the morning, I would need my energy. They never did tell me when I could go home, or if I staying the night here. They didn't seem to think I did anything wrong, but I knew better. They were probably thinking I was the cause of everything, I just happened to get too frightened at this one setting.

I leaned back in my chair, running my shaking hand through my dirty hair. I needed a shower, and quickly. I needed food, from the sound of my stomach rumbling. I also needed something for headaches, but if I asked they would ask why. If I was nervous. Yes, I had been nervous. I had been scared. As many times as I've been in the police station, I'd never been this scared in my life. Why now?

The door opened and a black haired guy walked in. I hadn't remembered seeing him at the scene. I guessed he stayed behind, or was the one out of my view. He sat down across from me and watched me. Making me feel uncomfortable. Like my skin was going to crawl off and attack me.

"So.." He finally said, looking at the folder in front of him. "This says you've been arrested shortly after your 18th birthday. Is this correct?" He asked, folding his arms.

I nodded. "They believed I stole from an elderly lady I used to visit, they also believed I had something to do with her death. So they took me in." I bit my lip harder this time.

"Mhm.." He nodded, opened the folder, and pointed to a picture. "This her?" I nodded. "She died from being stabbed in the heart. Just like you're little friend."

"He wasn't my friend!" I shouted, tears forming in my eyes. "And I didn't kill that lady!"

"Okay, okay." He held his hands up.

The door opened once more and Reid walked in, holding a bag of Taco Bell. "Hotch, are you really going through with that plan?" He asked, setting it down in front of me. "Here you go, sweetie." He smiled.

"Of course I am, we need to know how many people she's murdered." The man, Hotch, said, slamming his fist down.

Reid chuckled lightly. "Eat up." He smiled at me. He turned to Hotch and pointed a finger. "Don't scare her off. Garcia needs you." He nodded his head towards the door.

Hotch unwillingly got up and left. I slowly unwrapped the bag and took out a soft shell taco. A smile came onto my face. "Thank you," I said before unwrapping the taco and taking a huge bite. It was so warm, so soft. So good. I hadn't had anything to eat in almost two days, this was better than a hundred dollar pig.

"You're welcome." He smiled and sat on the table. He leaned in close, but still stayed away as if scared I'd bite him. "Can you tell me what you saw in the car?" He asked in a whisper.

I tilted my head, my mouth still full of taco. How could he know I saw something? "How--"

"You looked scared. More than before. Then I saw you staring right at something I couldn't see. I figured you saw one of the members or..?" He stopped and shrugged his shoulders. Clearly not sure anymore.

I bit my lip and looked down at my half eaten taco. Not sure if I wanted to finish it or not now. "I can't tell you. Last time I told somebody, I was thrown in a cell. I was in a home for crazy people. People that.." I trailed off now. I didn't want to go any further. I didn't want back in that place, it was too much. Spending nearly a year there scared me half to death, and the jail thing didn't help too much after that.

"I won't do that to you. I'm a good guy. We all are here. I won't tell the rest if you just tell me, Cory." He placed a hand on my shoulder. "I promise."

Promise. I word I hated. I've been promised the world before and never got it. I've been promised everything you can think of, but did I have it? Nope. Everybody thinks promising will help but then they go and break it. However, I felt I could trust him. Something inside me felt safer with him. Safer than with my mother, or father, or anybody else in this world.

I sighed. "Them. The dead kids. I saw them, standing there. Standing in front of me. Making faces at us, mocking us."

"They were.. mocking us?" He asked. I nodded.

"Because we weren't free as they were. But they don't know the half of it. They aren't free. They are just as much in trouble as we are in this world." I said.

He watched me carefully for a few minutes, watching me take the last few bites of the taco and throwing the paper in the trash can beside me.

"You see.. ghosts?" He asked.

I nodded again. "I believe that's what I said. Have been for years."

He cocked his head to the side, trying to let it sink in. "I don't think I've ever known somebody that does this." He said.

I shrugged. "It's rare, I guess." I stared at the cup in front of me. I felt like if I stared any harder it would become nothing. "People think I'm strange. I am, but they think I'm dangerous."
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you guys like it? Sub? Comment? =]