She Can't Do It Alone

Shocking Reid

--Ashley's POV--

"I can't just leave her alone. It's getting harder, I think she's starting to figure things out. It's not good to leave her all locked up like this," I muttered to Hotch. He was pacing around his office with JJ and Garcia standing in the background. Garcia was smacking on her gum while JJ stood in her thinking pose.

"We can't trust her being around all this new information, Ashley. We just can't." Hotch finally stopped and looked at me. He quickly shook his head then began pacing again. "Besides, Spencer isn't ready."

I let out a small, fake laugh. "Right. So because Reid isn't up to seeing her yet is the reason she isn't allowed anywhere near us? Hotch, you're making me keep all these huge secrets and I can't do that to her. Yeah, so she hurt Spence. People get hurt in relationships but they talk and get through it. They need to talk!" I jumped off his desk and flipped my hair over one side of my shoulder.

"I think they should talk, Hotch." JJ shrugged her shoulders. She took a step closer and placed a hand on my shoulder.

Hotch looked at the two of us, his face very unfriendly. He looked over at Garcia who was chewing on her pen. "You agree? We should get her out of the house?"

Garcia didn't respond right away. She continued eating at her pen for a good two minutes before she said, "yes."

--Spencer's POV--

"Cory, I think we should talk..." I mumbled to myself. I shook my head and tried again. "Cory... why don't we sit down and talk? I would like to figure this out..." I hit the table with my knee and ran a hand through my tangled hair. "I'm never going to get this relationship stuff right."

I stood up and walked over to my door. Once I was in my car and on the road, I felt worse. Why was I going to my ex-girlfriend's house in the middle of the day when I was supposed to be at work? Why was I even going to try? Deep down inside, I knew that it was because I did still love her, but Hotch told me to wait. He said we needed to keep her away from the place, that we needed to let her be. I couldn't stand the thought of her being up in that room all day and night. No telling what she may have thought up while she's been in there.

And how would she feel when I just randomly showed up? She may have possibly talked herself into hating me.. Maybe she never wants to see me again. Maybe she's got a plan to kill me off before it's over with.

Before I realized it, I had pulled into the parking lot. I took a deep breath and got out of my little car and walked up the stairs to her apartment. I raised my hand to knock on the door. I hesitated, wondering if this was such a great idea. As I gulped, I tapped my knuckled against the wood and waited.

The door slowly opened, reveling a tiny girl with tear stains on her cheeks. My heart skipped a beat. Even though she had been crying, and her hair was a wreak, and a few small red marks on her face, she was still extremely beautiful.

"Reid?" She asked, surprised.

I nodded. "Sorry.. I..."

She took my hand and held it tightly. She was shaking violently and the tears started forming in her eyes again. "Reid, I've got some... erm. News. I'm pregnant."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subs?