She Can't Do It Alone

Don't Ask Questions

I opened my eyes to the little sun light filling in the room. I had been having a nice dream about Reid and I in our own little place, watching movies about murders and ending the night with a heated make out session. I knew I shouldn't be thinking this way. For one, he was an FBI Agent, and two, he was probably older and had a wife.

I sat up and yawned before I threw my feet over the side of the bed and looked around. The couch which Reid slept on was empty. Only a blue blanket lay over the back.

I looked at the clock and my mouth fell open. It was almost one in the afternoon! I jumped up and ran to the bathroom, only to hear water running and low singing. I stopped and listened outside the door, wondering if Reid had been in there.

I smacked my forehead. Of course Reid was in there.. Who else?

The water stopped and the certain opened. I tip-toed back to the bed and laid back down just in time for the door to open. I could see him standing there in nothing but a towel, and drying his hair with another towel.

His foot steps walked over to me, and I felt his breath on my cheek. "Wake up, sleepy." He whispered in my ear. I turned over and screamed. It hadn't been Reid, it was the guy I killed last night. The guy that I saw die, right in front of me.

His face was scarred, and pale. His nose looked like it had been ripped off and one eye hanging. I screamed again as he leaned down to try and kiss me.

I opened my eyes in a panic and looked around the room. I realized I was still screaming and closed my mouth. He seemed to be gone..

"You okay?" I jumped at the sound of the voice. I recognized it as Derek Morgan, the other FBI Agent that helped me.

I chewed on my lip for a minute, as I looked around the room further more. Finally I nodded and sat up in bed. "Sorry.. Bad dream." I muttered.

He let out a chuckle and set a hand on my shoulder. "It's alright, sweet heart. Now, Reid wanted me to get you up and ready. I'm supposed to take you for breakfast."

I looked over at the clock and realized it was only eleven. "Where is Dr. Reid?" I asked.

"He went with Hotch and JJ." He nodded towards the door. "They went back to the crime scene with some cops."

"Oh.." I muttered and got up. I grabbed the clothes Reid handed me last night and walked into the bathroom, stripping and turning on the hot water.

As I stepped in, I felt a little better. The hot water falling over my naked body really helped me. I smiled and leaned my head back against the wall as my wet hair fell and stuck on my face.

After a few minutes of relaxing, I washed out my hair twice and washed over my body. When I was done, I stepped out and dried off. I pushed my hair back and let it air dry as I got dressed in blue jeans and a guys Pokemon shirt. I nodded at myself in the steamed up mirror. Most of my make up was still on from yesterday, so I was good.

I walked back out and slipped on my converse as Derek walked over and handed me a jacket with guns and handcuffs over them. "I figured you'd like this." He smiled.

I nodded. "Thank you." I smiled back. It was turning cold outside, and even though I was used to it, I still froze to death without a jacket.

We walked outside into the bright sun. It being close to noon, we figured most places would be packed. We decided to settle for a nice, quiet, small place on the corner. It was called Sally's 80's Diner, and had a pretty nice sized menu. And not very many people.

"And so I said, 'no way could you buy that,' It was waaaay too big!" One of the waitress, whom had her blonde hair in a beehive, was saying. She looked over at us and smacked her gum. "Lovely couple." She snorted as she grabbed some menus. I could only guess her age was 20, or 18 by the way she was acting.

"Booth, please." Derek smiled, charmingly. She actually giggled then led us to a booth in the back.

"Here you go, darlings." She set down the menus and got out a pen and notepad. "Drinks?"

"Coffee."

I bit my lip and opened the menu. I didn't want coffee.. so I settled for chocolate milk.

As we looked at the menus, Derek kept checking his phone, as if waiting on something. I watched him carefully, wondering if he just didn't like babysitting me. Why were they babysitting me, any how?

I finally got up the courage to ask him as soon as the bee girl set down my plate of chocolate chip chocolate pancakes, and his omelet. "Why am I being accompanied every where?"

He sighed and sipped on his coffee, leaning back in the seat. He pulled the cup from his lips long enough to say, "We're worried."

"About?"

He set the cup down and leaned over the table. "They might come back after you."

I sat there, puzzled. Why? That gang had no reason. Then it hit me that they'd think I meant to kill both of those people. And they'd want me dead as well. I just nodded. "But I can take care of myself."

"Miss Vega.. Do you realize how dangerous they are?" He asked, folding his hands on the table.

I watched him and shook my head. "No more dangerous than I am."

He let out a laugh. Fake laugh, that is. "Sure, you can find ways to get people to kill themselves?"

"Maybe I can." I shrugged.

"Look," He turned serious and looked me in the eyes. "Hotch is taking over in an hour. I expect you not to ask him any questions. Just go with it, okay?"

"Now, Agent Morgan, do you really expect a girl--who in fact loves solving things--to go without asking questions? That is not like a Special Agent would do." I smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for subbing <3