She Can't Do It Alone

Do You Know Her?

I waited in Agent Morgan's dark blue Mustang. We were in an abandon Shoney's parking lot, waiting for Special Agent Hotch to pick me up. I didn't much like being delivered like this, like I was being baby-sat. But I went along with it, hoping, praying I would soon be in the care of Spencer Reid once more.

Morgan leaned against the side of the car, arms crossed, head turned to watch the road. He was mad over something, although I wasn't sure if it had been me, or the phone call he took at the small diner. A part of me hoped it wasn't me, the other part wanted to piss him off, just to see if he'd actually harm me.

Finally a big black SUV pulled into the parking lot, pulling over on my side of the car. Derek Morgan walked over to the window as Hotch rolled it down. A smile spread across my face to see him smiling as well.

"What's up with you?" Morgan asked, arms still crossed and now leaning against my side of the car.

I got out and shut the door as Hotch said, "My son." He jabbed his thumb in the back of the truck. I grinned and looked back there. A little kid, he was so cute!

"You brought Jack with you?" Morgan sounded annoyed.

Hotch sighed and shook his head. "He was sent here. Baby-sitter quit."

Morgan nodded and pushed me on the other side, opening the door for me in the back and helping me climb in. The little boy sat on the other side, playing with some action figures. "May I play?" I smiled at him. He looked up at me with some big brown eyes.

He grinned and handed me a snake-like creature. "That's Timmy. He's evil, and this-" He held up a Power Ranger. "-is my daddy. They're in a fight, and my daddy's winning. But, they can be on the same side to kill Mr. Todd." He picked up a dinosaur and hit his two men together. I giggled and moved into the middle so we could play better. "I'm Jack." He smiled up at me.

"I'm Cory." I smiled and made Timmy move on his car seat. He giggled and hit my man back. I made him fall off and cry for help.

"Keep an eye on her." I heard Morgan whisper to Hotch. I glared at him from the back seat but then looked down in time to see Mr. Todd start attacking Timmy.

As we drove down the road, Hotch tried explaining a few things about this case. Like that I needed to stay safe, which is why they weren't leaving me alone, and also that they needed me to finish the case.

I just nodded and tried to think of a few questions I wanted to ask as I played with Jack. Finally, I opened my mouth and tried. "Why do I have to help you?"

"Reid things you'll help us catch these guys. You killed their friend, they'll want to kill you in return."

"I did no such thing. That girl killed him, not me." I argued.

"There is no winning with you, so I'll just say that you started it. They found you, and you tried to protect yourself. That's enough to get them to try and find you again."

I nodded again as Jack handed me the Mr. Todd. He laid his head on the window and closed his eyes. I smiled. He reminded me of a little brother. Not that I had one, because I didn't. But he's like the little brother I want.

When I thought Jack would be asleep, I looked in the rear view mirror to look at Agent Hotch. "Why does Reid seem so.. so protective of me?" I asked.

Hotch looked back at me for a second then back at the road. Clearly not wanted to talk, or answer questions. "He feels he should. He sees himself in you a little, is what I am going to guess. You're young, and so helpless but at the same time you seem so strong. I guess you remind him of his childhood and doesn't want you going through the same things."

"Oh.. well. What happened?" I asked, folding my hands in my lap, expecting a long story.

He shook his head, though. "That's for Reid to tell you, if he wishes."

After a few more minutes of silence, a ringing started. I jumped and causing the small creatures in my lap to fall into the floor, and making Jack jump. Although still asleep. Hotch touched his ear, meaning he'd been wearing a blue tooth of some sort. I heard a small voice, but couldn't make out any words. He nodded saying okay, and then hung up. He turned into a drive way, backed up, and went the way we just came.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Another murder. Gracia told me she thinks it's the gang that hurt you." He muttered.

They didn't hurt me.. I wanted to say. But I let it go and watched out of the window. I watched the trees fly by, and the clouds float in the sky, not having a care in the world. Not realizing a murder just happened. The birds not knowing something awful just happened. I didn't really either. This hadn't come as a real shock as I thought it would. I was actually excited, I may be able to help after all.

I looked over at Jack and bit my lip. "What will you do with Jack?" I asked.

"Leave him in the car. He doesn't need to see this."

I wanted to point out that this could be dangerous, but I didn't want him thinking I was trying to be a little-miss-no-it-all.

So, I waited until the SUV came to a stop. Hotch got out, not taking any notice in me. So I got out as well and followed him inside. Cop cars and a few other cars-including Morgan's car- sat outside already. We rushed into the one-story building and to the back of the house. I stopped when I saw a girl laying in the middle of the kitchen, arms crossing her chest and a symbol on the top of her head.

Reid stood by the body, watching her as if she'd get up and walk once more. Morgan was walking around, looking for signs. I knew this house. I've been in here before..

I didn't dare speak yet. I would wait until I was spoken to, which didn't take very long.

"Cory.." Reid stood up and walked over to me. "Would you like to step outside? You don't have to be in here, Miss Vega." He rested his hand on my shoulder.

I shook my head. "I'm fine, Agent Reid." I said, looking up at him. "I want to help."

He nodded and pointed to the symbol. "Look familiar?"

I thought about it. Went back to that night, the horrible night. I thought real hard about any tattoos I may have seen, or maybe even on the walls. Finally, it clicked. "The girl that killed herself.. her forehead had the same thing on it. But smaller. And a guy.. there was a guy with it on his hat.." I muttered.

Reid and Hotch exchanged looks as Hotch dug out his cell phone and dialed a number. Reid took me over to the body gently and we squatted down over it. "Anything else about her? Do you know her? Maybe they-re targeting friends, or friends of friends."

I looked down at the face. Her eyes were wide open in fear, and her lips slightly parted as if she'd been opening her mouth before death. Her cheeks paling, and her hair fallen all around her heart-shaped head. I nodded a little. "She's one of my friends cousins. We came over here almost a year ago to baby-sit." I muttered. April.. Her name was April.

"Is that the only time you saw her?" Morgan walked over.

I nodded then paused. I shook my head quickly. "Foot ball game. I was drug to a foot ball game by my friend and April." I pointed to the red head in front of me.

Reid stood up, holding me up. "We need to find the other victims case files. We need to figure out if they were friends, family, whatever. Call Garcia."

Morgan nodded and walked off with phone in hand.

I bit my lip and looked up just in time to see a flash. I squinted my eyes and gasped. I pointed into the corner where a few plants were hanging. "I think.. I think there's a camera up there!"
♠ ♠ ♠
This one sucks, doesn't it? Oh well, more comments means more updates xD