She Can't Do It Alone

Using Me

Hotch was on a ladder, attempting to find the camera I saw. My heart was beating; I knew we'd been seen. The killer. or killers would see I was here and then try to find me. Possibly kill the BAU Agents. It would be all my fault..

Hotch groaned as he climbed down and held out the palm of his hand. Sitting there was a small black camera, probably able to only take pictures. Reid snapped some gloves on and gently took it out of his hand. He studied it for a good two minutes before nodding and handing it back to Hotch.

"It looks like a new kind of Security camera. It has no name, and doesn't look familiar." He shrugged his shoulders.

I took a better look before I blurted out, "My cousin has one of those." I stated. When the men looked at me I pointed to it. "It's a 'spy camera.' It comes in these really expansive spy kits. It can take pictures and transfer them to whatever computer, iPod or phone you sync it with." I said.

They watched me for another minute and Reid smirked over at Hotch. "Told you we could use her." Hotch rolled his eyes and walked off, probably going to give the camera to somebody else to look for finger prints. "Are you sure?" He turned to me and tilted his head.

I nodded. "I used to play with it all the time. We'd stick it up on a wall and hook it to my iPod touch." I shrugged.

He grinned and walked over to one of the girls known as "JJ." I didn't know her by any other name; not that I even cared. She seemed to like to ignore me. Like I had stolen something from her or possibly hurt her in some way. She tried her best not to look at me, which kind of hurt.

I walked over to the couch and went to sit on it. I stopped myself, realizing this was a murder scene. No touching anything; as Hotch liked to remind me.

Sighing, I walked over to the window and looked out. It was the driveway, over looking the warm pavement. Then something hit me; her car was gone. No car was here other than the agents already in here.

She had her own car, and let nobody else drive it. She was stubborn when it came to that car. Which meant.. the killers could have taken it, it was in the shop, or she finally let somebody else touch it.

I walked over to Hotch and gently tapped his shoulder. He looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. Clearly, I interrupted a deep though. I bit my lip. "I'm sorry. I only wanted to tell you her car was gone. She never let anybody drive it." I said.

He nodded and jotted something down on a piece of paper he held. "I'll call Garcia to see if it was in her name. Maybe we can track it if we have the number."

"BB7Q-98J." I said, quickly. He looked over at me in a shock. "I remember making fun of it. It always made me want bar-b-que." I shrugged.

I sat on the floor near the kitchen, but stayed in the living room. I didn't necessarily want to sit next to a dead girl I barely knew. Part of me wanted to go home, the other part wanted to be with Spencer Reid.

Speaking of; he walked over and sat beside me, crossing his legs and folding his hands in his lap. I noticed his dress pants being just a little too small as he moved. I hugged my knees to myself and rocked a little.

He laid a strong hand on my knee, something I didn't nearly expect his hands to feel like. He looked so child-like, and so fragile. "Are you hungry?" He asked, his voice soft.

I shook my head. "Not right now. Morgan took me for a big breakfast not too long ago." I pointed out. He nodded, acting as if he forgot.

"If you don't want to help us, I understand."

I let out a fake laugh. "You only wanted me so that gang would find me. You figured I was an easy target, didn't you?" I looked over at him. I almost shocked myself. That not being the words I wanted to slip out of my mouth.

His head dropped and then lifted to look at me. "That's what Garcia thought we were using you for. Truth is, you weren't safe alone. You could have been dead by now if we didn't take you over."

"And then in a few days, you're leaving and leaving me unprotected. With them still out there or not."

He gently squeezed my knee and shook his head. "I really like you, Cory. Something I shouldn't say. When I saw you there, scared and crying, I felt horrible. I didn't want to take you home where they could find you. I wanted you being around us, who can actually save you. And with you helping a little in return."

My jaw dropped to the floor. Did he really just say he likes me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, this chapter wasn't great. I'm sick, and my head is throbbing.

Also, I am only updating once a week. Every Wed. Unless I have an idea and just HAVE to write.

Please comment! I would love to know what you guys think of it =] What would you like to happen?