She Can't Do It Alone

How Can It Work?

I was in a car with Reid, and we were heading back to our hotel room. After the little slip of words, he hasn't said much to me. We've been trying not to make it more awkward for us. Although, I could say I have the same feelings and everything turn out great. But this wasn't the case. I couldn't just say I liked him back, and we should go off and make beautiful babies together. No, I don't even think it was allowed. Falling in love with a victim.

Once we were back at the hotel, he opened the door for me. I walked inside and looked around. It smelled cleaner than it did this morning. Fresh, as if they just cleaned it. They probably did.

Reid walked over to the couch and sat down. His torso hovering above his legs. He looked so sad and lonely. I walked over and sat down on the arm of the sofa, trying not to touch him in case it made it awkward. "What are we doing back here?" I asked, softly.

He rolled his shoulders before he sat up a little. "Hotch thought you may want a rest." His voice was barely above a whisper.

I sighed, and looked out the window -which I just noticed had been opened- and watched as two little blue birds flew in front of view. "No. I want to talk."

"About?" He looked at me from the corner of his eyes, as though any minute I would disappear.

"What you said earlier."

"I don't think--" He started.

"No, I don't think it's right for you to tell me that, and then ignore me for life." I stated, still looking out the window. "What did you think I would do when you said that? Did it go as planned?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. "It went better, actually. I expected you to slap me and run out."

I nodded. "I thought about it. But not because I didn't want to hear it, because I did." I admitted.

I finally looked over at him. He was staring at me as though he were still trying to figure me out. His eyes danced over my body and face, searching. "You feel the same."

A blush appeared on my cheeks. A few pieces of hair fell in my eyes, almost hiding my eyes. "I saw you, and something came over me. I felt safe, not scared anymore. And then last night, I kept dreaming about you. You calling me yours, us moving in together."

A chuckled escaped his lips. "I don't feel so weird now. I keep thinking about you."

I smiled a little and looked away. Back out the window where the birds were now gone, but the sun shone even brighter. Causing me to see small pink and red dots everywhere. I blinked a few times to get them away, and then said, "We're pathetic."

"How?"

"Falling for each other. When we know we can't have one another. I live here, you're leaving tomorrow. I'm barely twenty and you're.. what? Five years older than I am?" I asked. I would have thought he was my age, but being in the FBI I figured he'd be at least thirty.

He bit his lip. "Actually, I'm twenty-seven."

I nodded. "A year off." I shrugged.

We sat in silence for a few moments. I kept thinking of how we'd be together, wondering if we'd last if we ever did. How would it even work? As I said; he's leaving.

Finally, he spoke up. "We could try a long distance thing? I'm not sure how that'll work since I'm always at work but.."

"There's another thing. You work, and I don't. You're always at your job." I pointed out.

This time he nodded and we sat, again, in silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is short. Why? Because I had no idea for this chapter. But the next one, it should be longer xD

Comment, loves! I like to know how my readers like the story =]