Status: I'm tryin' guys. Fo' sho'.

Hey Stranger, I Want You to Catch Me Like a Cold

At Least You're Not the Boy Who Died

"So," Harry explained, "we get out, ride the horseless carriages to Hogwarts, then you find McGonagall to get sorted. Into Gryffindor." He grinned.

"Just because you're the Boy Who Lived doesn't mean you're psychic or something," I chuckled.

He gave me a look. "I didn't know you knew."

"Hey," I said, "Just look at it this way. At least you're not The Boy Who Died." and I walked away.

"Huh," I heard him say, I think in suprise. "Good point," he muttered.

I chuckled again.

The trail hallway was a nightmare. I was like a British ocean and I was stuck in it, a little red, white, and blue fish in a...well, red white and blue sea. You know, because the American flag is red, white and blue, and coincidentally, so is the British one? Which kind of kills my metaphor. But, alas, I digress.

You get the point.

Anyway, two minutes later and I was hopelessly lost from my new friends. I stepped off the train and frowned. Nope, none in sight. What am I to do? Then I saw two bulky looking fellows leaning against a nearby tree. I walked up to them.

"I believe you gents could assist me," I told them.

I don't know what's with me, but I like big guys. I always feel comfortable around them. They're just so...safe. But, anyways.

The looked up at me, suprised that I was talking to them.

"Hi! I'm Silvie. I'm new here. Why, yes, I am am a transfer student. From America yes, it's great there. Yep, sixteen years old, gonna be a 6th year." I answered all of their unasked questions. "So what's you guy's names?"

"Err, I'm Crabbe, and this is Goyle." The slightly smaller one answered slowly.

I stared at them. "Well, those names are, cool." I said slowly.

Goyle laughed a little. "That's our last names. I'm Gregory. That's Vincent."

"That's better," I smiled. "So Greg and Vince. Can you help me get to the castle? I need to be sorted and whatnot," my stomach growled. "And eat."

Crabbe started to say, "Well, we were waiting..." but Goyle stopped him.

"Oh well, I'm hungry let's help her."

Vince agreed.

"Thank's guys. Now, lets GO!"

I walked in between them as they led be to a carriage and helped me on.

Little did I know a seething, and slightly disappointed figure was standing off in the distance, wondering why his cronies had abandoned him.
..................................................................

"And here's Hogwarts," Greg announced as we approached it.

"Woah." was all I could say.

"It has that affect on people, " said Vince happily.

We climbed some steps, only to be met by a pretty lady with black hair.

"Why, er, thank you misters Crabbe and Goyle. I will take Miss Davenport from here."

I bid them thank you and farewell, and followed the lady to some big doors.

"Welcome to Hogwarts, Silvany. I am Professor McGonagall, Deputy Headmistress. While you are you here you will be sorted into one of four Houses, Gryffindor, for the brave, Hufflepuff, for the loyal, Ravenclaw, for the intelligent, or Slytherin, for the cunning. Your respected house will be your family here. If-"

"I know."

"Excuse me?"

"I was already told about it all, but thank you. I don't want you to waste your time telling me something I already know."

"Oh. Well. Come along, Miss Davenport."

"You can call me Silvie," I told her, smiling.

She looked at me. "Come along, Silvie."

I followed her into the biggest room I've ever seen. It's ceiling was starry like the sky and there were four long tables, and a shorter fifth one, perpendicular to the rest and in the front. I could tell immeadiately that the tables were for the houses. Other than the banners hanging over them, Harry and Company were waving at me from the Gryffindor one.

"See you in a bit!" Harry exclaimed as we made our way past them.

I was getting lots of stares. Actually, it was annoying, to say the least. I stood out from the eleven year olds, the first years getting sorted.

I spotted Greg and Vince and I waved. They waved back, from the Slytherin table. Hmm, they didn't seem evil, like Harry described those of Slytherin. Then I caught the eyes of the figure between them. It kind of seemed like they were bodyguarding him. He had blonde hair, and I think his eyes were gray, I couldn't really tell, but he was looking at me in a way that was indescribable.

Ehh, I get that a lot.

As I stood there with the little ones, soaking in the hall, I heard my name.

"Davenport, Silvany"

I approached a little stool with a hat on it. I was supposed to put on the hat to be sorted into my House. Apparently it could read minds.

"Hello Hat!" I thought.

"Hello, my dear." The hat replied.

"Oh, so you're a talking hat!"

"Indeed!"

"Cool."

"Yes, cool!"

"Soo, aren't you supposed to be..."

"Oh yes, well. I think Gryffindor would be best for you. You have far too much personality for Hufflepuff, not enough dedication for Ravenclaw, and not ambitious enough for Slytherin."

.
"Okay, thanks Hat."

"You're welcome." He was silent for a bit.

"...Are you gonna...?"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Jeesh, that hat got distracted a lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not enough personality for Puff. Ah man I'm a funny gal.

Edited 5/28/13