Status: I'm tryin' guys. Fo' sho'.

Hey Stranger, I Want You to Catch Me Like a Cold

It'll Be Okay

Things with Harry and I were going great. He was the best boyfriend I ever had, he was thoughtful, sweet, and improved at kissing a lot. But he never pressured me into anything. In fact, he was the one to stop the action most of the time. That was…different. Now I was one for action, so that was like switched roles for the guy and the girl. But I didn’t mind. Much.

Anyway, we were in a good place.

I even convinced Dumbledore to let me take him, Ron, and Hermione to come home with me for Thanksgiving, which Dumbledore had given me special American permission.

It was gonna be great.

I really liked Harry. I know we haven’t been together long, but I’ve never been in a real, caring relationship before. It was nice.

So on the Monday before we left, I was hippity hoppity happity for sure. In fact, I was skappity skippiting to find my loverly boyfriend.

“Hey,” I asked Seamus in the common room, “Have you seen Harry anywhere?”

“I think I saw him down on the first floor.”

“Thanks, Seamus.”

I skipped there as well.

“La la la la la ,” I sang and I skipped as I headed down.

I bumped into a tall, blonde-headed figure, and went sprawling to the floor.

“Oh, uh, sorry,” he grunted.

“It’s okay!” I said brightly as I sprang to my feet, only to realize it was Draco that I bumped into. “Oh, it’s you! You might want to wipe off the bloodtraitorness off of your shirt before you get infected.” I brushed past him without looking back, only to stop when I heard voices coming out of the classroom next to us.

I pushed open the door. “Harry-?”

Inside was Harry alright. Wrapped tightly in the arms of a certain ginger bitch, who had his shirt halfway off.

“Harry Fucking Potter!” I was outraged, to say the least.

“Si, Silvie! It’s not what it looks like!” They sprung apart. Ginny smirked at me, looking smug.

Little cunt.

“Oh hell no! Do not even try to pull that shit with me, you two-faced bastard! I gave you that mojo thats you’re swapping with this little tart!” I got quiet. “’We’re over. Wow, way to be cliché.” And with that, I spun on my heel and walked away.

I passed Draco on my way out. I didn’t make eye contact, just kept heading towards the lake.
I was laying at the shore, freezing my ass off for five minutes before another presence joined me.

“Davenport.”

I didn’t even need to look up. “Draco.”

He sat down next to me, but was silent.

“You don’t have to say I told you so, you know. I get it.”

“I wasn’t going to.”

I sat up, frustrated. Then I made a frustrated noise. “Arrghhhwaaafaaakkkpoooosdgbod!”

Draco raised an eyebrow. “Anything else?”

“Yes! Fuck boys! Damn them to hell! They make everything worse! They start wars, act like they like you, blow you off, break your heart, and lie! It’s just, just, BOLLOCKS! Yes BOLLOCKS! BUGGER! WANK! KNOBS! BLOODY HELL!” I was breathing heavily.

“Is that it?”

“…Yes.” Then I broke down, and started crying like a little weakling. Stupid stupid stupid.
Draco just wrapped his arm around me and let my tears run.

“It’ll be okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
5/28/13