Status: I'm tryin' guys. Fo' sho'.

Hey Stranger, I Want You to Catch Me Like a Cold

Probably Just a Dream

We landed in my family room, and I immediately ran out of the front door and took a deep breath.

“Ahh, the sweet smell of freedom.”

Draco came out, looking around. “This is your house?”

“Yep.”

“It’s lovely, but why are the other houses so close to yours?”

I gave him a weird look. “It’s a neighborhood. We’re in the suburbs. What do you expect?”

He returned my weird look, but I was already walking back inside.

Everyone else was already inside, and they were looking around.

“Well, I guess I shall show you all around. Follow me.”

“We were just in the family room, it has the fireplace. This is the living room, it has the TV.”

Hermione stopped me. “Aww Silvie, is this you?” she was reffering to the wall of each of my school pictures since kindergarten. I was missing two front teeth in first grade.

I was so fucking adorable.

“Yes indeed, I know. Come along.”

Draco was still examining the pictures with an almost smile on his face. I just let him look, and he caught up soon.

“This is the kitchen. Bathroom is over there. Game room to your left. That door goes down to the basement. Now, upstairs.”

“Silvie, your house is really big,” Harry commented as we climbed.

“Eh, it’s nice. Anyway, another bathroom. My parents’ room. Then a bunch of spares, these will be yours. Kay, first door on the left is Harry and Ron, across the Hall is Greg and Vince, Then down on the left is Draco and Blaise, and Herms you’re rooming with me.”

“Can we see your room?” Ron asked after they dropped their stuff off.

“Sure, “ I shrugged, opened up my door, and walked in. My walls were white, but covered in posters, the carpet was blue, I had a closet, a dresser, a window with a seat, a comfy chair, and some bean bag chairs. It really wasn’t much.”

“Who's Marilyn?” Vince asked confusedly, reffering to the poster on my wall.

“Marilyn Monroe, actress,singer, famous American sex icon," I replied, "I admire her greatly."

“You would admire a sex icon,” Blaise chuckled.

"What can I say? I like what I like," I replied. "Annnyway, you can all unpack and whatnot now. My parents are still in London, but they’ll be back in a few hours.”

They all went to their respective rooms.

Later on, my parents came home. They immeadiately took to Hermione, and my dad really seemed to like Ron when he saw how fast he put down those cheesesteaks they brought home.
They were nice to Blaise, Vince, and Greg too. My parents were friendly to Harry too, but my mom gave me an ‘were you crazy’ look. She knew about the Harry relationship.

My dad was very cordial to Draco, like he was sizing him up. I don’t know why, though. I already told him that we were only and forever just friends. My mother absolutely doted on him. Ahh, parents.

-DRACO’S POV-
Silvany Davenport was full of surprises. Her house, her parents, and of course herself as a person. It’s never a dull moment. After bidding us all goodnight and returning to her room, everyone went to sleep.

Well, except me. I couldn’t, for some reason. Something was bothering me. I had to make a decision. I am going to tell Davenport I love her. It’s been a long time coming, and I tried to deny it, but I can’t. It felt too good laying with her in my bed on Tuesday, back to being friends. When we weren’t talking, it was horrible. But that’s not going to happen again. Whatever comes from it, well, we’ll just see when we get that far.

And there’s no doubt that she feels the same way.

Right?

My thoughts were interrupted by a noise coming from down the hallway.

Wait, it sounds like Silvie.

She sounds distressed.

I hopped out of my bed, and headed out the door only to meet a Mrs. Davenport in her night clothes.

“Hello, Draco. You heard Silvie, too?”

I nodded.

“Probably just a nightmare, but I think you can handle it.”

She winked at me and returned to her room.

Bloody strange, these Americans are.

When I reached her room, I could tell that her mother was right. Silvie was thrashing about uncomfortably and mumbling to herself, all while sleeping. Granger was no where to be found- she must've ended up in Weasley's bed.

Ick.

I approached the bed and sat on the side.

“Davenport.” I touched her arm.

“Davenport, wake up.” She continued thrashing.

“Silvie, wake up. Shh, it’s just a dream,” my fingers found her face, and her eyes opened.

“Whaah?” she asked confusedly.

“You were having a nightmare.”

“Oh,” she said, coming to her senses. “Sorry, I don’t normally have those. Ever. That’s weird. But you can go back to sleep, thanks Draco.” She laid back down and looked at me expectantly to leave.

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Fine, fine.” She waved her hand airily, but I could see a flash of uncertainty in her eyes.

“How about I stay here until you fall asleep?” I offered.

She smiled. “Fine, but you have to lay down because your ass is like making a crater in the right side of my bed. How much do you weigh, anyway?”

I just rolled my eyes, and laid down, facing her.

“I can’t fall asleep with you staring at me like that, it’s creepy. Who do you think you are, Edward Cullen or something?”

I’ve learned to just ignore her references. But I did face the other way.

“Thank you,” she said, satisfied, and finally, “Night, Drake.”

“Goodnight, Davenport.”

Now would be a good of time as any. Come on mate, you’re a Malfoy. You can do anything. I braced myself.

“Davenport, I need to tell you something.” She didn’t respond, so I kept going. “Well, I, er, like you. Love you really. In a romantic way, you see. And I think that this arrangement could work, even though you’re batty as hell and I don’t know what you’re saying half of the time. But you’re funny, damn beautiful, and a wonderful person.” She still didn’t say anything. “So I was wondering what you thought about all of this, and if you would want to maybe actually go through with that thing we were going to do last week. You know, where a girl and a bloke in a formal setting eat and whatnot.” Silence. I was getting extremely nervous. “So will you give it a try?”

She still didn’t say anything. I was irritated. “Look, you don’t have problems mouthing off any other time, what’s now-” I had turned around to see her, deep asleep.

Fuck.

I sighed deeply. Of course I would pour my heart out to a sleeping person. But, I wasn’t giving up that easy. I had all weekend. It’s funny though, when I was almost asleep, I could’ve sworn that I saw Mrs. Davenport, looking in on us. She put a blanket on us, and closed the door.

It was probably just a dream, though.
♠ ♠ ♠
5/28/13