Status: I'm tryin' guys. Fo' sho'.

Hey Stranger, I Want You to Catch Me Like a Cold

Be Mine

Thanksgiving I woke up in Draco’s arms (sigh). I woke him up, and we all got ready and headed to my grandparents’ house in NYC, as is the custom. Draco was acting weird, but I pushed it aside. When is he not acting weird?

My family all loved my friends, blah blah, insert grandpas and uncles embarrassing me, jealous bitchy cousins, cool dude cousins, and whatnot.

That night, around 6:00, as I was just sitting with my friends, we started talking.

“So, Silvie, what is Thanksgiving, anyway?” Ron asked, spread out on the couch, happily filled up with food.

I took a deep breath. “Once upon a time, there were a bunch of people in England who were all Churchy and whatnot and only accepted fellow Anglicans. This left some people called Puritans Very Unhappy, so they made it like Columbus and headed to the New World. Little did they know, after landing upon a place called Plymouth Rock, that it would suck getting used to the place. Luckily, they made it through the winter with the help of the friendly Indians, aka Native Americans. In turn, most of the Native Americans got smallpox and died. Anyway, the Pilgrims celebrated making it through the winter by creating Thanksgiving, and we’ve been doing it ever since. We celebrate by eating Turkey, getting stuffed, and watching football and parades on TV. Any questions?”

“What about the wizards?” Hermione asked.

“The European Wizards were aware that there were already people living in the Americas, who had their own brand of magic, so they left them alone until the Muggles completely ran them out.”

“Lovely story,” Harry commented.

“I know.”

“Well I like Thanksgiving.” Ron added, patting his stomach.

“So are you guys up for going out and looking at the city?”

They all looked at me sleepily.

“It’s okay. It takes a while to build up immunity to the sleep-inducing American turkey. See you guys later,” I chucked, and sought out the Slytherins.

“Hey guys!” I said, plopping down on the bed and taking the room in. Greg and Vince were both snoring in their beds, so I tried the next room.

Blaise was laying on his bed, watching Jersey Shore. I had gotten him hooked.

“Addictive, isn’t it?”

He nodded, his mouth wide open.

I looked at Draco, who was also watching the television but didn’t seem as into it.

“Up for a visit to the city?”

“Sure,” he shrugged.

I told my parents, and my grandma reminded me to take my pepper spray, just in case.

“Okay, see you Grandma!”

We apparated there.

“What’s that?” Draco asked, pointing to a building immediately.

“That’s the Empire State building. As you can see, it’s very tall. And, no.”

“Why not?” He demanded. I knew he knew what I was talking about.

“Because I will puke, that’s why!”

He wrapped his arms around me, and rolled his eyes. I won’t let you fall off. Let’s just go to the top, please?”

Damn those eyes.

“Fine.”

We walked to it, and headed up. Before we even got halfway up, my eyes we closed. By the time we were at the top, I was shaking.

Draco kept his arms around me. “C’mon, Davenport. It’ll be okay. Just open your eyes.”

I did, and got wobbly.

“It’s okay, just breathe.”

I did. Then actually looked. Wow, after all of my years here and I’ve never seen this view. It was beautiful. Terrifying, but beautiful.

“Wow,” I breathed.

“I know,” Draco said, but he was looking at me in a weird way.

“What? Do I have a boogie?” I raised my head and flared my nostrils so he could look up my nose.
Draco shook his head and chuckled, then got serious. “Davenport, I have to tell you something.”

Why did I get nervous all of the sudden?

“Yes?”

“I’m in love with you.”

Well, I was not expecting thaaaat one.

Hot damn.

“Um, okay.”

Probably not the best response, but whatever.

“I have been for a while now, and I think you feel the same way too. And I don’t care what people say, I don’t care about the consequences. You’re incredible, breathtaking.” He moved my hair out of my eyes, then took my hand to his mouth.

“Be mine,” he breathed.

(Insert brain not working here.)

“Draco, I can’t.”

As soon as the words left my mouth, Draco looked confused.

“Wait, what?”

I turned away. “Drake, I can’t.”

He looked so sad, I almost changed my mind.

Almost.

“You- you don’t fancy me? At all? I should’ve figured-” he began.

I turned back around. “Regardless of how I feel about you, we can’t do this. You know it won’t work.”

“Why not?” He looked affronted.

I grabbed his hands, and looked him in the eyes. “I’m a handful. You know that, the world knows that. And you have a lot on your plate right now.” He knew what I was talking about. “Besides, I doubt your parents and Voldemort would be all gung ho about you slumming with western girls. It’s okay.”

“But what if I don’t care?”

“Um, who cares that you don’t care? I care, that’s all that matters.”

He let out a frustrated sigh. “See? There you go again. You say something adorable while looking beautiful and I can’t help falling in love with you more-”

“Shut up. It’s never going to happen. Time to face the truth.”

He looked devastated, but I held my resolution. I was keeping us all safe. Regardless of what feeling I may or may not have had.

“It’s tough love kid, you’ll get over it.” I gave him a bracing pat on the shoulder.

All of the sudden, he looked up, with a suspicious sparkle in his eyes.

“Dracob, what…?”

“You said love! I heard you say it! You do love me!”

“Hey, hey Henry Hotstuff don’t go getting all excited. It’s called TOUGH love, which means-”

“That you do love me and you’re just making up excuses?”

“Um, nah. It means, dahhling, that you need to put it back in your pants, and permanently cold shower the thought of my amazingness out of your mind.”

He was still looking smug.

“Do you want me to slap you? Then your face will stick like that.”

“I’m not giving up now, I’ll get it out of you.”

“Maybe you need your wittle ears checked, hun. Or maybe get a new hobby, like stamp collecting? I heard it’s very fun.”

He smirked. “Oh, not anymore Davenport. I’m a Malfoy, and I always get what I want.”

“Oh yeah? Well I’m a Davenport and I always beat the shit out of people's hopes and dreams, so you better-”

He quickly approached me, our noses we almost touching.

“And may I say Ms. Davenport, that you look absolutely stunning. Goodnight.” he breathed.

He gave my ass a light pat, then apparated.

Whaa just happened?

Draco? He, and then….whaaaa?

My mouth was hanging out for a good five minutes.

“You know, ma’am, you’ll start catching flies if you stay like that,” said a homeless guy I just noticed, who had came up.

I shook myself out of it.
“Oh, thanks,” I slipped him a Benjamin, and he stared at it with surprise.

“See ya,” and I apparated also.

Well, Draco. You may be playing Get the Girl, but I will be playing on the opposite team, buddy. I’m like the freaking goalie. You have to go through me to score. And I am the score, so you have to get through me, to get to me.

Um, yeah.

Impossible?

I think so.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Well I’m a Davenport and I always beat the shit out of people's hopes and dreams."

Too funny.

5/28/13