Status: I'm tryin' guys. Fo' sho'.

Hey Stranger, I Want You to Catch Me Like a Cold

Big Mouth?

I woke up Thursday morning with a smile on my face.

No, scratch that, a grimace.

It was seven in the morning, after all.

Anyway, I would've waken up with a smile of my face, if not for the circumstances.

Why, you ask? Because there's just so much to smile about! The sun was shining (okay it was overcast), the grass was green (just covered in snow), and Christmas was in two days (that one was actually true).

Oh, and the fact that I had a boyfriend now. A Draco Boyfriend, nonetheless.

Okay, that was what I was internally smiling about.

After I had that whole little conversation in my head, I decided to actually get out of bed. I looked around at the other crimson hangings over the beds, and realized that the rest of the girls were asleep. I smiled proudly at myself for getting up so early, and headed for the shower.

After getting squeaky clean and good-smelling, got dressed. I was pulling out all of the stops, of course, a bit of makeup and all. I had to look my best for my new boyfriend.

It was pretty chill, but still hot.

After I dried and magiked my hair back to blonde, I packed up my stuff real quick like, shrunk my stuff and put it in my pockets, and skipped all of the way down to breakfast.

I carefully sat down at the Gryffindor table without looking up, and started buttering my toast with dignity.

I was trying to make a point, you see. That being his girlfriend did not make me his bitch, and I was going to act the way I normally did. I then proceeded to stuff the whole piece of toast into my mouth.

Just like normal.

Only after I had sipped all of my orange juice did I look up to the Slytherin table. Just my luck, Draco was no where to be seen. Of course.

I sighed and got up, and headed towards the Slytherin table, plonking down across from Blaise, and next to Greg and Vince.

"Fellas," I greeted.

They all just smirked at me.

"Yes, yes, Draco and I are going out now. Let's get past it, it was bound to happen eventually.

Blaise looked like he was about to say something, but stopped.

"Good idea," I told him. "Anyway, what's everybody's plans for the holidays?"

Blaise shrugged, "Same old, same old. Christmas with my mother and her husband, but then there's the New Years Event at Malfoy Manor, that should be interesting." Greg and Vince nodded in agreement.

Wait, what?

Draco was having a party and I wasn't invited?

Blaise must've notice the look of outrage on my face, because he said quickly, "It's probably just a close gathering for the Malfoys and their relatives."

"What do you mean their relatives? They're related to half of the wizards in Britian!" I exclaimed. "And I wasn't invited why?"

They all shrugged.

"Maybe Draco doesn't think that you can handle it..." Vince said quietly.

"Or that you won't behave," Greg added.

"WHAT? Oh, here's the little git face of the moment," I said as Draco approached the table, looking happy as he saw me. "Let's see what he has to say for himself."

I stared him down as he got closer, but I could see Blaise motioning for Draco to get the hell outta dodge in the corner of my eye.

He sat down next to me, and snaked his arm around my waist.

"Morning, love."

"Morning, douche," I replied, not looking at his face.

Draco looked surprised at my response, and looked at the guys for answers. They just shrugged, which I've noticed that they do an awful lot.

"What could I have possibly done now?" He demanded.

I turned to glare at him. "Not invite me to your New Years SHINDIG. THAT'S WHAT. I like to party as much as the next person, you know."

He immeadiately looked pissed, and glares around at the three guys. "You told her?"

"EXCUSE ME," I said loudly. "NOT EVEN 12 HOURS INTO THIS RELATIONSHIP, AND YOU'RE ALREADY KEEPING SECRETS? So healthy."

Draco winced. Good, that motherfucker deserves to wince.

I swear when I'm mad.

"It's not that I don't want you to go, but it's more of a...selective crowd coming, and, erm, powerful and dangerous people would be there, and I don't want you to get hurt."

Draco probably figured that that was the wrong thing to say when I took a nice green grape from a platter on the table and smashed it against his forehead.

I fake gasped. "Voldemort and his Death Eaters are going to a Malfoy party? No fucking way. I would've never guessed," I whispered the last part sarcastically.

Draco was speechless, so I continued.

"And here I was, going to invite you over for Christmas dinner when you don't even TRUST me enough to come to one of your family parties! Aren't I basically family now? I am insulted!"

He winced again, trying to calm me down. "It's not like I don't trust you, I just want to keep you safe. And you-, well..."

"Well what, exactly?"

"You're anti-dark lord, and, well... youhavearatherlargemouth."

"Oh really?" I asked, deadly calm. "HOWS THIS FOR LARGE MOUTH?"

And I promptly bit his nose and walked out of the Great Hall with class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little lover's spat, no fear. :) Thanks for commenting and subscribing and whatnot! :)

5/29/13