Status: I'm tryin' guys. Fo' sho'.

Hey Stranger, I Want You to Catch Me Like a Cold

Cupcake Wars

It was the morning of Thursday, December 30th. I was currently running around my room frantically.

What does one wear when meeting one’s boyfriend’s mother for the first time?

The problem was, I had no freaking idea. Cue the frantic running around.

I didn’t want to look slutty, of course. I didn’t want Mrs. Malfoy thinking I was a tart. But I also didn’t want to dress all prim and proper for the sake of impressing her. I wanted to represent myself.

The first thing I did was slide the bracelet Draco had gotten me for my birthday on. I still wore it every day. He owled me on Christmas, saying that I’d get my present when I came over. I figured it was jewelry too, but I couldn’t complain.

I then returned to frantically pacing. I was supposed to floo to the Malfoy’s at 11:00am sharp. It was already 10:44. I figured the Malfoy parents were ones for punctuality.

Yes, I did indeed say parents.

Why, you ask? Because there was another mass breakout from Askaban. Voldemort breaking his little Death Eaties out as a Christmas present, I supposed. But, of course, the dumbass Ministry was keeping it all hush-hush. I knew because my parents told me, them working with the auror office and all. I owled Harry to tell him to.

Anyway, this meant that daddy Lucius would be home. That should be very interesting.

All the more reason to look my best.

I decided against a dress. I would never wear a dress normally during the day, and I wasn’t going to start then. I already had to wear one to the fancy smanshy New Year’s Event, so there was no reason to get hasty with the dresses.

Jeans, then, were in. I decided on a simple pink tank with sequins, and an unzipped black hoodie- It was cold out, and I hated the cold. That’s where the black moccasins came into the picture too- comfort over fashion.

I was one of a kind.

After putting it on and looking over my outfit one more time, I packed my stuff, shrunk and put it in my pocket, and headed downstairs to my fireplace.

“Bye Mom! Bye Daddy! See you at Easter!” I called out while grabbing a handful of floo powder.

“Bye, Sweetie! Love you!”

“Love you guys, too!” I dropped the handful into the flames. “Malfoy Manor!”

And I was pulled into the flames.

I landed inside the biggest room I’ve seen outside of Hogwarts. I have no idea about anything interior decorating-wise, but that place was fancy and impressive as hell. I guess this is what old money looked like.

I looked around to spot a little house elf in a dirty old pillowcase come up to me.

“Welcome to Malfoy Manor! Can Tinky-Winky get Miss’ things for her?” The poor thing cowered as he asked.

“Sure TW!” I replied, to the house elf’s surprise. I took my tiny shrunken suitcase out and gave it to him. “Thanks, buddy!” I gave his ears an affectionate ruffle.

His huge eyes widened even more, and he bowed as he walked away.

Oh, House Elves.

Draco et parents were nowhere to be seen, so I took to wandering around the house. Where did I end up? The kitchen, of course! And there, to my surprise, were the most luscious looking chocolate cupcakes I had ever laid my eyes on, just sitting on a silver platter. The frosting looked like pure cocoa, and the smell was tantalizing.

I looked up at the clock. 11:03? I’d be hungry again by lunch!

So I picked one up, took the wrapper off, and shoved it in my mouth. Yes, the whole entire thing.

It tasted even better than it looked, and having chocolate all over my face was totally worth it. That is, until Draco and what I assumed to be his mother waltzed into the very kitchen I was in, me covered in chocolate.

They froze and looked at what I supposed was the ridiculous mess that was my face.

“Your cupcakes are delicious!” I informed them.

Well, I tried to inform them. It came out more like ‘Uh uhaayys ahh uhhiush.’

A little bit of cupcake fell out of my mouth and onto the floor as I attempted to talk.

Who needs first impressions, anyway?

I looked worryingly at Mrs. Malfoy, who still seemed to be staring at me, shocked. Just then, I heard a noise next to her to find Draco cracking up, so much so that he had to hold onto the counter for support.

I couldn’t talk, so I just gave him a questioning look as I tried to swallow the chocolaty goodness that was in my mouth.

“Your-,” he tried getting out, “Face! Hahahaha.”

“My face?” I asked with attitude after finally swallowing. “What about that stuff on yours?”

That sobered him up. “Where?”

“Right,” I pointed. “There!” I grabbed another cupcake and smashed it all over his face.

He looked at me in shock for a moment, then grabbed yet another cupcake and smashed it onto my face, laughing. Yes, actually laughing. It was a rare occurrence, to say the least.

I burst out laughing as well, and grabbed him and hugged him as we laughed our asses off together, covered in chocolate.

I finally remembered about Mrs. Malfoy, but turned to find her smiling at the both of us. That emotion on her face seemed to be one that was foreign to her, as well.

I let go of Draco, and turned to her. “Sorry, Mrs. Malfoy. I’ll clean up the mess of course. I didn’t mean to take one, but they looked so good and-”

She cut me off with a smile. “No harm done. I’m Narcissa Malfoy,” she held out her hand. “You must be Silvany Davenport.”

I went to hold out my hand, but wiped it on Draco’s pants first. “You can call me Silvie.”

“It’s a delight to meet you, my dear. I feel like we are going to get along just fine,” she smiled at me.

I grinned back, and Draco just looked between the two of us with a confused look on her face.

“So, who’s up for lunch?” Narcissa asked, and then looked at me. “Though I daresay you’re probably filled up with that cupcake.”

I snorted. “Cupcake, shmupcake. I’m always hungry. Let’s eat!”

She looked happily between Draco and I, and started for the refrigerator.

I chucked as I cleaned myself up with a flick of my wand. It seemed so far that she and my mother had a lot in common.

“So how do you like it here in Britian, Silvie?” Narcissa asked over the Shepherd’s Pie.

I glanced at Draco before replying hastily, “Oh, I love it here.”

Mrs. Malfoy rolled her eyes. “You don’t have to lie to me, dear. Tell me what you really think.”

Ooh, I liked here.

“Okay, it pretty much sucks. It rains all of the time, everything’s gray, the people speak weird, and a lot of them have bad teeth. Not to mention the food. Uh, what I wouldn’t do for a hot dog.”

Draco chucked at me, and I added, “The people aren’t bad, though.”

Mrs. Malfoy nodded understandingly. “I understand what you’re saying. It takes some getting used to, I’m sure, since it’s so different from America. But tell me, how can you eat dogs?”

I laughed and explained to her the anatomy of a hot hog.
♠ ♠ ♠
5/29/13