Status: I'm tryin' guys. Fo' sho'.

Hey Stranger, I Want You to Catch Me Like a Cold

American-The Freedom Language

My first month went by pretty freaking fast.

So no, I'm not gonna bore you with the dreary deets.

Wake up. Be hilarious. Eat breakfast. More hilarious. Go to classes. Eat Lunch. Be hilarious. More Class. Dinner. My hilariosity brightens even the darkest soul's day. Bed.

My friendships with those crazy British kids grew.

Ron? This bro was my el confidante. I told him everything. Ron was just so easy to talk to, not often super insightful, but great for company.

Hermione? We grew pretty close, suprisingly since I wasn't really one to bond with chicks. I told her basically everything, and her mothering over me was comforting.

Basically the rest of Gryffindor? We were so cool. I was friends with pretty much all of the guys. (No, I am not a whore. You should know that by now, silly gooses.) And at least aquaintences with the females.

Ravenclaw? You could say the whole friendship situation started off pretty rocky early on when they snorted and rolled their eyes as I skipped past their table one day. Needless to say, telling them that they better invent away to bang the library because their snobby intellect isn't gonna get them any with people didn't go down so well. Ahh, whatever.

The Hufflepuffs were offended when they heard me telling Draco that they were the redheaded stepchild of Hogwarts. (After they asked the Ravenclaws what I meant, of course) What can I say? I'm a blunt person. Everyone should have figured this out by now.

Slytherin. The rest of them pretty much accepted me with open arms when they found out that I offended half of the Hogwarts population in less than a month. Besides, I didn't put up with their bullshite. If they were being assholes, I would let them know. (Blaise, Greg, and Vince loved me as much as on day one. Pansy hates me even more now after announcing one lunch as she stood in front of me: "Ladies and gentlemen, generations of inbreeding.")

Harry? We had an awkward relationship. Awkward as I treated him as a bff and he still didn't know what to think of me. And he did tend to have those awkward moments around me, but hey, flirting isn't illegal :) Did I like him? Eh. I think I was still just trying to figure him out. Did he have potential? Most definately.

Draco. Aka, best frannnd. He would still have those moments of douchey pureblood relapse around me, but I would smack him back to Earth in the end. Haven't gotten an actual smile out of him yet, but hey, we will see. We were good.

Kay, So, in the beginning of October, the first to be exact. I was in DADA, minding my own business daydreaming when I snapped out of it and heard Snape being all douchey to Harry again. I knew his deal. Harry, Ron, and Hermione have let me into the whole "inner circle" of golden trio information, and have filled me in on the five years worth of stuff I've missed. Anyway, I knew there was something going on deeper why he didn't like Harry. James, Harry's dad? Yeah, that's a reason. But why did he hate James? My guess is he had the hots for Harry's mom. But then again, what do I know? I'm just the daughter of two award-winning psychologists.

Anyway, it was really pissing me off. So, I deemed speaking my mind to be the best option.

"Snape. Why are you such a bitch?" I asked him.

The class gasped. Draco looked at me warningly, my Gryffindors looked nervous but laughy.

"Excuse me, Miss Davenport?" he said slowly.

"Um, why you buggerin' Harry, mate?" I said, then went back to talking normal. "Yeah, you hated his Dad and you have all of these other issues going on (don't get me started), but releasing all of that pent-up frustration on an innocent boy? That is called projection, old sport. Tisk tisk."

"I suggest you hold your tounge..." he started warningly in an attempting to be scary voice. Draco was moving his hands in an OMG Cut It Out type of way, but the Gryffindors were laughing. Hard. The Slytherins looked amused, but scared about what their head was going to do.

"Get at me bro."

"Miss Davenport, I'll assume you're speaking English, but I am going to say this once-" He started frighteningly quiet.

"I'm speaking American. It's the freedom language."

"HEADMASTER"S OFFICE!"

"Sheesh," I mumbled, gathering my things. "Someone's in need of a little Midol, eh?"

Snape was fuming, so I headed out of there quickly. But not before smiling at my friends, and winking at Draco. He just shook his head at me.

God, does no one have a sense of humor in this place?

Luckily I knew where the entrance to Dumbledore's office was, but as I sildled up to it, I realized I didn't have the password.

"Ahh, well," I said, turning away.

"Aren't you even going to try to guess?" asked one of the Gargoyles.

"Hmm, go get in trouble, or not go get in trouble. Such a hard decision." I said sarcastically.

"Fine. It's not like you would be able to figure it out anyway," it huffed.

I turned around. "Is that a challenge?" I never back away from a challenge.

It just looked at me.

I sighed. "Fine, but give me a hint."

"It's a candy."

"Hmm. Snickers?" Nothing. "Twix?" Blank stare. "Ohh, I get it. He likes that weird candy. Um, acid pop? Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans?"

He opened.

"Sigh. The price I pay for my genius."

I walked up the winding staircase and into Dumbledore's office, where he was sitting at his desk.

"Silvany. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

I shrugged and sat down. "Proffessor Snape sent me here. Seems to think I have a behavior problem."

"How about you explain the situation to me?"

So I told him what happened.

"And it's not like I said it without a reason, 'cause from what I've heard he's been like this to Harry ever since he stepped foot in the castle. If Snape was teaching in America, he would've already been fired with a lawsuit as a goodbye present!" I exclaimed.

"I see that you are a firey advocate for justice." He commented.

"Not offense Proffessor, but, duh. I bleed the red, white, and blue blood of my forefathers. Samuel Paine wouldn't have stood for this, so I won't either. Incase you forgot," I added, whispering, "We dumped your tea in the Boston Harbor."

Dumbledore chucked appreaciatively. "Yes, I do remember. There were wizards among that mob, you know. Anyway, Miss Davenport, all I ask is that you try to fight for justice a little more politely. I'm afriaid that next time I won't be able to let you off with just a warning."

"I understand, Proffesor." I informed him, and stood up to leave. "It was nice talking to you."

"You as well, my dear."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! Addressing something that was mentioned multiple times in the comments:

It sounds like a girl's diary as opposed to a first-person narrative.

My reply: That is my intention. I want this to be like her narrating as well as you the reader hearing her thoughts. Thanks.

5/28/13