Status: I'm tryin' guys. Fo' sho'.

Hey Stranger, I Want You to Catch Me Like a Cold

No Halloween For Silvie

Before I knew it, we had our first Hogsmeade trip coming up. Apparently this is a big thing. Halloween was also coming up, next week. I loved Halloween. Especially the trick-or-treating. All because of the candy. It was great. I was explaining this to my Slytherin friends the day before Hogsmeade.

"Oh, how I adore Halloween."

"And why is that, Silvie?" Vince asked.

"Ur, dur. The candy? All the twix, kitcats, and reeses one could dream of. Plus those random candies that you don't expect. And the arbitrary bag of gummies. And pretzels. And chips. Not to mention dressing up and harassing people. Ahh, Halloween." I laid back onto the grass that we were sitting on.

"Er, Silvie?" asked Blaise tentively.

"Yes, Blaisey?"

"Is that how you do Halloween in America?" he asked slowly, exchanging worried looks with Greg and Vince.

"Why yes we do, doesn't everybody?"

"Um, no. We just have a feast in the decorated Great Hall."

I sat up, very disappointed. So disappointed, in fact, that if I was one to cry, I would.

"Oh."

"Sorry, Silvie," Blaise told me. "So... we hanging out at Hogsmeade tomorrow?"

"No," I said in a small voice. "I told Harry, Ron, and Hermione that they could show me around. I guess I'm just gonna go back to the castle now."

"Davenport-" Draco started, speaking up for the first time in the conversation. He never really did contribute much.

"Bye guys."

-DRACO'S POV-

I glared at Blaise as Silvie moped away.

"What?"

"Why did you do that?"

"Well she was going to figure out eventually. Better now, than be disappointed later. Draco? Hey, wait, where are you going?"

But I had already started heading up to the castle. I had an idea, but it was going to take a little planning.

---SILVIE AGAIN---

It was the morning of Hogsmeade, and I was waiting in the common room for Harry and Ron to finish getting ready. It was kinda chilly out, so I opted for a hoodie.

Not too shabby.

The kids came down and then we went to have breakfast. I glanced at the Slytherin table. Draco wasn't there. Hmm.

Anyway, we walked to Hogsmeade. It was cute. Honeydukes was cool. Personally, I preffered Hershey's. Back home we went to Hershey Park all of the time. Pfft, I could probably give the Chocolate World tour myself.

But I digress.

We also went to Zonkos, an owl post office, and finally the Three Broomsticks, where I tried my first Butterbeer. I know I get on the British for a lot of stuff, but damn. That stuff was good.

I had fun, but I was still a little bummed about Halloween. I even brought my own costume from home. It was batgirl.

Sigh, oh well.

So we came back to Hogwarts by dinner. Draco wasn't there again, so I just sat with Blaise and company.

Draco was pretty absent for the rest of the week too.

Sketchy sketchy.

I woke up Halloween morning quite bummed. How was my body going to react to the lack of the yearly sugar rush? Sigh.

I woke up slowly, took a shower, and got dressed. It was 8:30. Gryffindors normally slept in on weekends. I was typically an early bird. Sigh.

As I walked to breakfast, I reflected on the past week. Draco acting weird. Then the rest of my Slytherins caught the weirdness. Even Harry, Ron, and Hermione were acting weird by Friday. Sigh.
I sigh a lot. Sigh.

When I got to the Great Hall, I saw Draco up at the teacher's table talking to McGonagall and Snape.

Now that was weird.

The Gryffindor table was virtually empty so I opted in sitting with Blaise, Greg, and Vince, who were at the Slytherin table eating.

When I approached, they all stopped talking.

"You know what? I'm not even gonna ask. Because it seems as though all of my friends are on their periods this week. And I got mine last week. So we are very obviously not in sync." I huffed, sitting down and grabbing an apple.

The boys looked appalled at my relavation, but didn't say anything.

"What's Draco doing?"
Blaise just shrugged, and asked me a question. Well, it was more of a statement.

“So, Silvie. You’re hanging out with us all day today.”

I perked up. “Draco too?”

“Nahh,” Greg said. “He’s gots stuff to do.”

I growled. “Does it have to do with him sticking his di-"

“Good morning, Davenport,” Draco said, sitting down. I had come to learn that using my last name was an endearing term for him.

Sigh.

“What were you talking about?” he questioned.

“Oh, just why you’re sneaking around and acting so weird,” he shared glances with Blaise, before I continued. “But I have come to a conclusion. You’re just off spooning some guy, but you’re too ashamed to admit it. But Draco, it’s okay to be gay. I love gay people. Just look at Dumbledore. He’s as gay as a two-dollar bill.”

Blank, incredulous looks.

“Gay as a window? Uphill gardener? Handbag of rainbows?”

“I-I’m not queer!” Draco sputtered flusteredly.

Greg and Vince guffawed.

“Then where have you been disappearing off to? And where are you gonna be today?”

Silence.

“That’s what I thought,” I said, satisfied.

Draco just rolled his eyes and stalked away.

“Silvany,” said Blaise. I looked at him. “Just trust him, okay?”

I snorted and continued with my apple.

Sigh.
♠ ♠ ♠
5/28/13